• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What happened at the retreat?

I'd love to hear about it too, if anyone journaled/blogged about it!

Wow, can't believe it's been a month! Sorry, I've been offline; don't know why others haven't responded. I can't do this justice in the time I have, but can say a few words.

Overall, it was a great time! Good turnout, good bunch of folks, reconnected with old friends, made new friends, very little drama, very laid back. More of a hangout or family reunion than a conference, if you will. Some good worship and intercessory prayer times, sharing, roundtable discussion, a hilarious skit (Ron was on trial for being a bad husband). And as usual, hard to leave when the time came.

Hopefully someone else will jump in and add some color to this pencil sketch....

I was beginning to wonder, as well. Usually we start hearing stories and praise reports within the week, after everyone's rested.

I'm running a mental list of who I remember being there, and basically it just didn't include any of the regular discussion forum crew. Quite a few that just don't get on the forum at all, some that are just lurking at this point, and the ones that are sort of in and out (such as yours truly) have all just been really strapped the past few weeks. Maybe if we keep bumping this with new posts we can get some other input.

I'm hearing an unwritten, "...or you can go to the next one if you really want to find out." at the end of that.

Well, hadn't looked at it that way, but you said it.... ;)

Back