• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What Happens In Vegas....

Doc

Real Person
We hope that it doesn't STAY in Vegas! Who is planning to attending the upcoming retreat Nov 9-11? What would you like to have discussed? What do you want to accomplish with this retreat?

Blessings

Doc

Praying you all have a great time at the west coast retreat. Wish I could be there.

Eternitee

Had a great time at the Vegas retreat! I would like to hear from others that were there. It was a good size group for fellowship, and we met new friends and reconnected with old ones. It was a completely different atmosphere than the summer retreat.

Doc

Howard and I had an awesome time! It was so nice to meet new friends, and see some that we have met before. The fellowship was wonderful. I am so thankful for these retreats, it is so nice to be able to just spend time with like minded believers, not having to be careful of what you talk about. Such a wonderful blessing to have that shared time with everyone. Thank you all so much for the time and effort in planning the event! God was most definitely among us!

Las Vegas was a new experience for us and we Thank God for guiding us to this wonderful group of people. It was so nice meeting like minded people and talk to them without watching how we said things. It's so wonderful knowing
there are other Christians who know and understand the trials we face or have faced because of what we believe. We loved the fellowship and meeting New friends. Thank all of you for making us feel so welcome. God was definitely there with us all!

The West Coast Retreat was an amazing event. God's refining of our group is so evident in the quality Christian believers He brings us. This was a very special retreat for me as I believe the prayers for Mariechen were heard by God. She has returned home a changed sisterwife and we are remaining strong and supportive of one another. I believe the intense prayers in proxy are the reason for this. Nothing else in our lives has appreared to change. I praise God for the change and give Him all the glory!

We met new people and the bonding with them continues to this day. These are unique individuals and I love them all.

Today is Wednesday and many of you have fasted and prayed for Ron. Today, by God's grace and I believe, by your prayers being heard he is the strongest I have seen him in awhile. He can swing both arms in full circles, when just yesterday I had to scrub under his arms for him when he showered. He could not hold up his left arm enough to wash under it. He is able to stand up unassisted and has found new strength in his legs. His left hand has been swollen and so sore if we bumped it...........but today he can flex a fist!!! Our God is so good. I praise His Holy name. Love to you all, Jan (wife #2) :)

One thing I didn't mention about the West Coast Retreat is that we got into some very insightful subjects about how marriages such as ours should work. John Cook covered very well the headship of a scriptural family and the attitudes necessary to function in this type of lifestyle. I believe it would be benefital to cover this subject again in our larger East Coast gatherings.

Jana Cook did an excellent job with the women's group. We really touched on the heart and soul of a lot of similar issues that come up in being plural married. That issue of feeling as though they are "being replaced" that first wives often experience, wow...such a painful thing to feel, and the unique issues that come up for second wives. The depth of our discussions really helped me understand our different issues much better. I gained a deeper sense of compassion from those talks. I would also like to see this covered in a similar manner for the East Coast group.

To sum up: I feel some very practical issues got a very good covering and discussion at this retreat. For those who couldn't attend I have to tell you that you missed, in my opinion, one of the best so far. Whatever you can do to make the summer retreat that's coming up in Idaho, which is being discussed and arranged now (from my understanding) DO IT. Start saving your pennies now! Not only will it be a fantastic family time, but it's sure to be one of the adventures of a lifetime you and your kids won't want to miss! Save up for it. Start now. You'll thank me later.

Wonderful news about Ron, thanks. Will be praying that it is the start of a continued improvement.

Update and sharing for all:

To all those who prayed so fervently for me and for our marriage and for the support of one to the other in our plural marriages...THANK YOU. I also have seen such a change, not only in myself but also in the way Ron treats me. I now feel very loved and treated with special care. I am feeling much stronger and more healthy than in years and the salt problem and medication has been solved.

I wish I could have been there to experience the wonderful fellowship that both Ron and Jan have shared with me, but God had other plans for me and something special came out of it. While I was in the hospital, Ron was re-baptized and received a more special walk with our Lord. The Holy Spirit is working through him while he is being ministered by and to us. We are especially blessed through his Bible Studies and the gentle spiritual leading of our home.
God has brought us together truly at this time for His purposes. We are not sure where He wants us to go or do, but we are ready to follow our Lord anywhere.

As a first wife, I have been through the storms of change and of life, especially within this lifestyle, and have come through (we pray) the extremely difficult challenges with my head held high and my voice giving thanks to our God. I can truly say that not only am I very much in love with my husband but I also love Jan as a special sister-wife and a much loved soul sister. We have loved each other as soul sisters for 24 yrs before this plural lifestyle began, and then fell away for 4 yrs, and now the love is back along with the respect and fun that we always had. I was threatened, discouraged, often in despair, longing for the times of having my husband to myself, not understanding the deeper meaning and calling upon each of us to be blessings to others, and that Jan was not there to destroy our marriage, but to fulfill it and to be there during the difficult times set before us with Ron’s illness. We continue to pray for God’s healing and yet will accept His Will upon our lives, if our beloved husband is called home. Until then, we will enjoy every minute we have together and will rejoice to be allowed those times.

God has given each of us a special love for each other and a deeper understanding of the quirks, personalities, weaknesses, and need of each of us. We truly are united in this calling and in our marriages. 'For such a time as this, we were born.’ We pray we can be a blessing to others and a light in this dark world, showing God’s love to all.

If anyone needs a shoulder to cry upon, a need to be prayed for, or for ideas for the marriages, please call:
Ron 623-340-1771 ronhiggins53@gmail.com or agape.remediation@hotmail.com
Mariechen 623-556-3245 demchakm@hotmail.com or demchakm@yahoo.com
Jan 602-421-5933 jwaslouie@aol.com

Written with love to all,
Mariechen

I can't compare the Las Vegas Retreat to others as this is the first one I have attended but it was a great time for sure! Mary (my second wife) and I are so glad we attended. It was good to make new friends while worshiping God with other believers and also learning from the teaching and preaching.

Mary and I have felt so alone during the past one and a half years with the loss of family and Christian friends due to our commitment to our plural marriage. Only a few will still talk with us at all and only my mom supports us in plural marriage so the support and friendship found in Vegas was Spiritual life saver for me, I was close to giving up in many ways.

I was blessed and encouraged so much when the group at the Vegas Retreat laid hands on me and prayed for Barbara (my first wife) and our reconciliation. It was especially good as in the past 18 months no Christian family or friends other then my mom would pray for Barbara and my reconciliation but instead pushed for separation and divorce. God is good and I hope He works in Barbara's, Mary's and my life with all the glory going to Him!

Matthew

Back