• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What would you do?

Revgill87123

Male
Ok so I have been a guest at a few churches speaking on events of my life that have led up to where I am at now in my life. Every time I am asked why I haven't wrote a book on the things that have happened to me. I always tell them I am too busy or some other excuse. In reality I would love too write a book about things that have happened in my life. The problems with this is that first off I have had some really fowled up things happen too me by my moms current husband, my old churches deacon, as well as other men in my mothers life and just life in general. (Like one thing is when I was 6years old my mother dated a guy who tried to cut my throat and leave me out some where to die.) I am worried it will be to much for some people too read first off. Second it will make some really respected people in the community that my mother knows look bad as well as her. I want to write the book or have some one write it for me so people can see no matter what they go through God can bring them through all of it! At the same time it could cause some real hard feelings. What would you do? :?:

as Yeshua said;
......The Son can do nothing of himself, but what he seeth the Father do.......
just tell them that the Father has not shown you that this is to be done at this time, but He has shown you plenty of other things to be doing and that you are busy doing them.
it takes all of the arguing out of it
if and when He shows you that it is on his heart for you to write it He will show you how to write it in a way that will bring the most glory to Him and cause the least damage

Maybe change the names or don't use names. Writing the book would retouch all the old feelings and dredge unfinished business. So If you do it, then do it for Christ alone, as any benefit you receive from the writing would be incidental and just another blessing from God. Christ put all that under His feet and be sure that Christ wants it all put down in print before writing it. (pray about it) Getting you through all those bad times gives glory to God. If the book is written in any manner that gives credit to your own strength then that would not be good. You may feel the main difficulty is not writing the facts and events but rather how to adequatly give enough glory to God for the special touch of blessing and protection by the Holy Spirit around your life. You may not even understand why God stood by you. Understanding why is not necessary or possible. God just does those things because He enjoys loving and being God. You just have to write it down. Say you don't understand why God did this for you, and then give all the glory to God. This will also work for the bad times in our lives also. We don't understand the bad things that happen, and why they happen. But we still give glory to God and allow Him the submission of our understanding or non-understanding to His will and glory.
That is why you are on this forum as we all should be. We may think we understand all the reason's and scriptures we have come to believe in Christian plural values, but we see only part. God reveals truth for His own reasons and applies it to our lives and maybe or maybe not leads to a second relationship with a lady. But the reason for truth revealed is because it is truth and Christ said he was the truth (John 14) That is why we insist that Christ salts and is the reason in the forum. That is also the reason that forum discussion sometimes runs into difficulties. Read the problem threads and you will usually find posts without using the name of Christ, Christ's ownership of truth, or any true expression (not mention) of Christ's love and forgiveness.

Back