• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

General What's everyone growing this spring?

I've grown sweet potatoes here before and they did alright, but my climate (inland dry Pacific North West) is a little on the cool side for sweet potato
We planted sweet potatoes two years ago and got a good crop. Too busy last year with tree service.
We really liked Vardman for how compact the plants, and hills of sweet potatoes were. We thought to grow those in above ground beds to eliminate sharing with gophers.

We grow some potatoes, but also get regular potatoes through Azure Standard up in Oregon. Organic russets, red or gold.
When you use 100 lb ir more a month....growing them all doesn't happen.

Last edited:
We've done well with sweet potatoes. Very low maintenance crop that I love.. regular potatoes have been much harder to grow.

Crops that live our climate and do well include tomatoes, squash, zuchs, okra, green beans, etc... trying to get better at onions, beets, Brussels sprouts (zero success, yet..), cabbage, etc.

Back