• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Where are you on your journey?

I
Though woman was created for man and some men are content to be single, why is it restricted to ‘why does he need another wife?’
That’s our culture’s cereal box. Blah!
What about a good woman wanting to raise a godly family with a good man and is able to contribute to the Man’s vision?
I don’t know that any husband needs another wife, any more than a woman needs more than one child, but why stand in the way of letting him be a blessing and protector to her as he has been to you? We women are taught to see other women as wolves, only out to devour our men. Many women are precious souls that we can bless by .... following, loving and obeying our husband’s.

"We women are taught to see other women as wolves, only out to devour our men." I must have missed the lesson on this one! I was taught that people are people and all deserve to be respected as masters of their own lives. It takes two people to cheat.

But, I'm a firm believer that every couple is entitled to decide for themselves what is and isn't cheating. If it works for you, cool beans! I'm mostly here to support the wives who aren't on board with Biblical bamboozling.

I'm mostly here to support the wives who aren't on board with Biblical bamboozling.
If that's your attitude then you shouldn't waste your time here, you won't find any women here who agree with you. If you actually wanted to discuss this then I'd happily do so, but I don't think that you do, you just want to go around trolling. The women here are happy and respected and don't need your comments.

I

"We women are taught to see other women as wolves, only out to devour our men." I must have missed the lesson on this one! I was taught that people are people and all deserve to be respected as masters of their own lives. It takes two people to cheat.

But, I'm a firm believer that every couple is entitled to decide for themselves what is and isn't cheating. If it works for you, cool beans! I'm mostly here to support the wives who aren't on board with Biblical bamboozling.
So really you just joined to make fun of peoples beliefs rather than have an informed discussion.
I'm here to learn and discuss and rather than put me off, you make me more determined to be informed properly.

If that's your attitude then you shouldn't waste your time here, you won't find any women here who agree with you. If you actually wanted to discuss this then I'd happily do so, but I don't think that you do, you just want to go around trolling. The women here are happy and respected and don't need your comments.
So really you just joined to make fun of peoples beliefs rather than have an informed discussion.
I'm here to learn and discuss and rather than put me off, you make me more determined to be informed properly.
BOOM!
And BOOM!

Well @Quest, curiosity is not why I'm here. I first came for fellowship with like minded folk. I suspect I break more then a few stereotypes. I was the one first interested in having a sisterwife/co-wife, and I'm totally straight, so not motivated by the thought of another sex partner. I've seen some women resigned to the idea because the men they have been with cheated, and they figure they may as well know about whoever their man has on the side.....I actually have a one woman man and I am his only ever. I don't know if there will ever be another for him, but I'm sure not afraid of that.....I would welcome another woman into the family.

There is a lot of "bamboozeling" that happens in this modern world, but this is a ministry supporting people in doing right by, and staying with the people that they choose to form a relationship with.

I'm still here because I think marriage and families should be supported, and this ministry does just that.

If you stick around you might learn a thing or two. There is a lot of quality content on the forum posted by some really neat people!

So...he needs a buddy? And you need a buddy? But...sex?!!!

Keep in mind, I said a “couple of things,” for me the ‘buddy’ relationship was what one of the reasons I chose to give. Not the only one.

And yes. Sex too. Women are jealous by nature, I had a difficult time with the sex part myself, particularly in the first part of the discussion between my husband and myself. But I think that has a lot to do with our culture today. Growing up, I believed that my body was my most valuable asset to a man, what they wanted, how to ‘get myself one’ so to speak. I am learning, within my marriage, that is not the case. That I hold SO much more value than that. That my husband values so much more than that.

Ultimately, unless what he wants or needs is in violation of scripture, it is my responsibility to submit to it. End of story. No where do I see a basis for why PM is against scripture, therefore if he wants more than one, he gets more than one. (Keeping in mind this is in our house, based on what I believe to be true. You are more than welcome to your own opinion).

Well I have been on this journey for some years now god told me not hubby and iv always had peace about it but I am going through some life changes for the better and hubby been on board 100% just in last 6 months .we never stop learning or growing some times it's big changes other times it's small Iv let god make that decision for us if we do get a sister or not all I know is I am still growing and changing in my own walk and in a small country of nz who knows.

I've always thought polygyny made more sense than monogamy. Even felt that way before meeting my husband. I was thrilled to know he felt the same way. 2 people alone trying to make it in the world and raise a big family ( what I want someday ☺) seems hard and so much easier and fun with sister wives. Honestly, for a long time I didn't understand why all women don't want sister wives. I pray for the day he meets his next forever.

Back