• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Where to Begin

Quickstepping

I'm new here and have been looking for a long time for a place to find answers. I'm hopeful this is the place?
Where does one even begin to find safe, sane, CHRISTIAN, men and or families that want to open their heart to a relationship or adding to their family?
I'm in Oregon and any help would be very appreciated.
Warm Regards

Welcome to the forums! I hear what you're saying, there are a lot of horror stories out there from people that have tried "poly dating sites" and Internet randomness, and many have given up hope because of it. My best advice is patience and caution. I would also suggest the ladies chat on Tuesdays to connect with people to see if they're you're kind of "sane", because I've come to find that's a relative term! If they are, then they can be great sources of information and guidance, plus friendship of course! ;) Biblical families does have an introduction service that is specifically geared towards protecting the single ladies as it introduces them to potential matches, but it does require a vetting process to ensure that you are who you say you are, and that the families or men who are also part of the introduction service are legit as well. I would encourage you that if anyone does contact you directly you research their previous posts to see if it is someone with a compatible worldview, and again move forward with caution, wisdom, and prayer. I hope that doesn't sound too disheartening! It is just meant to be helpful encouragement, LOL!

Welcome Quickstepping! So glad you found us. I agree with all UntoldGlory said. We would love to have you introduce yourself on the Ladies Only thread or the Introduction thread so we can get to know you a bit more. Please PM me if you have any questions.

UntoldGlory AND Julieb,
Thank you both so much for the great information. Julieb, I will absolutely send you a PM with a few questions, thank you for opening that venue. UntoldGlory, nothing you shared sounds disheartening at all. Actually quite the opposite. It sounds very reassuring and safe. As a single woman slow, steady, safe, and smart choices are all very important to me when making life decisions. So Yay to a vetting process!
It's good for all parties involved I think. Taking the guess work out so to speak. ; )
I do so look forward to meeting kind people such as yourselves here and learning more about you, and seeing what things God continues to lay on my heart.

Awesome, glad to hear it! Once again, welcome to the boards. Dive in, and don't be afraid to ask questions or resurrect old threads. We do have more than just Christians here, with a fair Jewish representation too, so that's something to be aware of. And yes, questions are totally fine!

Welcome Quickstepping! God bless your journey towards PM and may BiblicalFamilies find you well!

Back