• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

where to start?

jasmine

Im 22 and living in NY. Polygamy is a beautiful concept but where to start????

Welcome Jasmine! I know it is overwhelming to start learning about something that effects so much of our lives. I would encourage you to just start reading. There are some great things in the Teaching Articles section. Or just pick a forum thread that seems interesting to you. Praying for understanding of it all and staying in the Scriptures is always a good place to start for anything.

I hope you will read some of the Ladies Only section. We have some great ladies on this site. They are all seeking what God has for them and their families the best they know how. We also have a Tuesday night Ladies chat if you are interested in that. The link is at the TOP of the Forums. It is a good way to get to know ladies from this site, whenever you are ready for that.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

With hope for the future,
Julieb

Thanks for your reply!!!
Its so overwhelming and there's a lot to learn about it. Most overwhelming is being in a family of Catholics where for all their good intentions just see this lifestyle so differently than I do, and then being in a city where if there are any polygamists out there, they're not open about it.

Hi Jasmine! Welcome.
I understand the difficulty of considering polygamy (polygyny) in coming from a Catholic background. Catholic teaching is among the most dogmatic in the world and not open to discovery of truth beyond what has been archived by that church. New discoveries of old truth is very overwhelming. Julie's advise is the best way to get started. Just reading the posts here can seem like a daunting task, but dig in and read with an open mind. Not everything you read here will be correct. We are a diverse group of people and most of us are in the process of continued learning. As you read, ask God to lead you and give you understanding. He will help you. Get a good Bible and check out the references you find here. Also get a good dictionary, that too is very helpful. Oh, before I forget, HAVE FUN DISCOVERING!!!

Hi Jasmine.

I'm CB and it's so nice to have you here. I am the same age as you and it's definitely rare for people our age to see and understand this truth.

It is a blessing to have you on board. Send me a PM and we can chat a bit more in depth and get to know each other better.

CB

I think you already have a good start...you have seen the truth, and therefore it is evident that you are following the leading of the Holy Spirit. This site has been a great blessing to me. I have printed and placed in three ring binders much of what I have found here and like to turn off all the gadgets and spend time reading. The Teaching Articles, Books and Links, and Common misconceptions under the Resources section will be extremely helpful to you...also an open mind understanding that we don't all agree on everything, but invite friendly debate so we can learn. It is great to see you here, and you will notice as we all do that the numbers here continue to grow daily.

Welcome, Jasmine. We ladies have a Tuesday ladies chat (i forgot again this week) and we would all love to get to know you. There is a link to the chatroom on the thread called "Tuesday Ladies Chat."

SweetLissa

I too am confused on where to start. I have begun to read a lot, but isn't age a factor??? I am a 47 yr old woman is it to late?

lights12 said:
I too am confused on where to start. I have begun to read a lot, but isn't age a factor??? I am a 47 yr old woman is it to late?

No it's not too late to start! Biblical Truth has no expiration date :)

Blessings,
Fairlight

lights12 said:
No, it is never too late to start. You might want to start looking in the teaching section of the site for a jumping off place.

lights12 said:

And, presuming that you are looking for a family to join, you may notice from the profile pictures that a bunch of the fellas are older codgers. No longer in our 20s or 30s ourselves. And would just as soon meet someone more or less our own age. *grin* You are just fine.

Hi ladies, Jasmine and lights 12 I am 56 and this site saved my spiritual life. Be selective on telling friends and family
until God shows you its time. Read read and read some more. We have awesome spiritual leaders here on BF and
a spiritual group of ladies. Sit back and enjoy the journey dede

This thread has definitely inspired me as I am not a spring chicken either. :D I am reading a lot and learning so much from this site. It is nice to find so much information all in one place.

jasmine said:
Im 22 and living in NY. Polygamy is a beautiful concept but where to start????

I was raised Catholic myself and most of the Catholic traditions are just not biblical. Its best to seek God's word for truth. As for where to seek a relationship which involves plural marriage, I think this website forum is a good start, it gives you an opportunity to get advice from people from a Goldy perspective.

God bless and all the best

Where to start?? Very good question. I too felt the same way. Here is a list of things that helped me
1. Read the stuff on here @ the BF site. And don't feel like you need to read it all in one day, that is very overwhelming.
2. Pray, talk to the Lord, tell him what's on your mind and in your heart.
3. Try to attend a retreat. It was probably the most helpful thing to me to understanding PM better. Also too when your with other people you actually see face-to-face the lonely factor of even believing in PM begins to fade...

BTW, Welcome and I pray BF can be a blessing to you.

Back