• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Who Ya Gonna Believe - Me or lyin' eyes?

Mark C

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
The story of 'the spies,' and the parsha that contains it, arguably doesn't get the attention it deserves, especially today. After all, it's Olde, and it has to do with a time when a large people, now long scattered, were about to enter a Land they've since been kicked out of.

And it's arguably the "first recorded vote" in all history, too, and doesn't seem to reflect too well on democracy demonocracy...since not only did the Good Guys lose, but everyone who even participated suffered.

But it's an example, I suggest, of the fact that what Mark Twain said about history applies to prophecy, too...it may not repeat exactly, but it rhymes. Even if we're in the "opposite half cycle." Not going INTO a promised land, but on the verge of being 'vomited out' of one. Still, it's the lessons that are absolutely vital.

I look forward to listening when I have some time.
People think that a democracy is the closest thing to a righteous government that is possible, but Yah never instituted one.

Back