• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why did God allow polygamy

Excellent
I have long said that all women have the right to be married, but not all males have that right.

A woman can choose to grow and fit and follow, but some males just cannot become leaders by choosing to.

Excellent
I have long said that all women have the right to be married, but not all males have that right.

A woman can choose to grow and fit and follow, but some males just cannot become leaders by choosing to.
I don’t buy this premise. Not all men will take the steps necessary to lead, and by the same token not all women will take the steps necessary to follow.

I thought the video was great! I do think that God provided polygyny so that women can find a man who will lead them in following Christ. But, do we have to use the phrase “empowering women”?? :p

I don’t buy this premise. Not all men will take the steps necessary to lead, and by the same token not all women will take the steps necessary to follow.

I thought the video was great! I do think that God provided polygyny so that women can find a man who will lead them in following Christ. But, do we have to use the phrase “empowering women”?? :p
In the context of the video, a woman in a polygynous culture has marital choices and is therefore empowered v monogamy that locks her out.

No problem.

Ummm....can I get this apple’s phone number?!?! I’ll fix THAT!!! ;):p:D

In all seriousness, I couldn’t agree more. I’m blessed with two amazing, wonderful women, @Sonshine and @Sparkles. This journey has been crazy, difficult, and challenging enough as it is, and that’s with non-sociopathic women that love God and are learning to seek Him first and foremost. I’ll pass a thousand times on the sweet, juicy, red sociopath, no matter how sweet the juice appears to be. :) Whether it’s drama, problems, strife, contention, or utter destruction...no thanks. I’m sure some, all of that, or any combination thereof is a possibility with the wrong person being added to a family. After adding a second...all we’ve been through together (and it’s only been a year into this journey), the growth we’ve all experienced individually, as husband and wife(s), as “sister wives”, and together as a family, it makes me even more cautious adding someone that could possibly throw a wrench into what is becoming a well running machine (thanks to God). He’s done an amazing work in and through us, not going to let some sweet apple come along and spoil the whole cart, because I definitely see it as being a possibility with the right “wrong” person.

As for “fixing”, that’s absolutely true of me. :D As much as I have a heart for women, maybe even the sociopaths, my home and family isn’t the place to “fix” one of them. As @rejoicinghandmaid said, I’ve got an cart full of apples that have been entrusted to me by One MUCH greater and to whom they truly belong. Not taking a chancing in letting them spoil by introducing a bad apple to the bunch. Just my personal stance on that.

Anyhow, what started as a funny comment somehow turned into me typing too much...not sure if it fits into the theme of this thread, but...whatever. :p:D

Adios! :)

Thanks for the positive testimony! What are your thoughts on the video?

What are your thoughts on the video?
I thought it was excellent! ESPECIALLY the narration. ;)

It is literally a testimony of my experience. When going through the four reasons why, I’m screaming inside, “YES! That right there! And that too!!! Yes! YES!” I can vouch that each of those four reasons have occurred within my experience.

Great job!

I thought it was excellent! ESPECIALLY the narration. ;)

It is literally a testimony of my experience. When going through the four reasons why, I’m screaming inside, “YES! That right there! And that too!!! Yes! YES!” I can vouch that each of those four reasons have occurred within my experience.

Great job!
Thank you. Appreciate your thoughts.

Good video. But people need to subscribe to this channel and comment. That's how YouTube will decide to suggest it for viewing. People can keep their subscriptions private if they don't want anyone to know who they're subscribed to. Who is looking at the analytics on this? What's it's audience retention rate?

Good video. But people need to subscribe to this channel and comment. That's how YouTube will decide to suggest it for viewing. People can keep their subscriptions private if they don't want anyone to know who they're subscribed to. Who is looking at the analytics on this? What's it's audience retention rate?
I don't know the ins and outs of YouTube well enough to know how/where to look for those things. You are the expert there.

Back