• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why shouldn't three people get married?

I really enjoyed this article, thanks for posting. Why is it so easy for people to accept polygamy in theory, but so hard to accept in practice?

P. Jagger said:
..................... Why is it so easy for people to accept polygamy in theory, but so hard to accept in practice?
from what I have seen, people usually apply the idea personally. "If poly is ok with YHWH, then I am going to have to accept it (and its responsibilities) in my marriage. I cannot live that way, so therefore poly is not ok for anyone else."
and, of course, the enemy is attacking them with condemnation for not being able (read; willing).

there are not a lot of ideas that come out of scripture that people are not required to act on once they are recognized. this just happens to be one of which the only required action is acceptance of those who are willing to live it.

Back