• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Widows with children

Paul not the apostle

Real Person
so...

Please pray for our friend, she is 28 and a mother of two children ages 3 and 20 months. Her husband was killed in an accident a little over a year ago, and we posted about that incident then. God has wonderfully provided for her, and she is in the process of moving this thursday to another home due to the sale of their home this month.

Please pray that the transition goes smoothly and that we can get everything moved in the one day, and that God protects and covers her and the children during and after the move.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

James 1:27

Blessings

Praying!

BTW, we did get her moved, myself and another guy that I had never met. We have most of her things at the manufacturing shop in storage until her house is done with the remodel, then we will move her again. Thanks for your prayers.

I will *most definitely* keep this young mother, her precious children and this painful transition in their lives a priority in my Prayer Journal which I sit down together with my 13 year old son DAILY, read prior entries, acknowledge any new concerns or prayer requests that may have been brought to our attention and pray for each & every person and the situations they may find themselves in...

My son is Autistic and I enjoy seeing and understanding the world through his eyes as I try to help/teach him to see and understand the world as Jesus did and wants us to do the same.

What Luke has begun to learn and understand is God loves all of his children even though sometimes its confusing to understand why sometimes bad and/or sad things happen to really good people - including children. What I tried to explain to Luke is that we may not understand WHY things happen the way they do but Our Heavenly Father has a Master Plan and He is the one in control....its always been this way and will always be this way. The things in life that seem to be the hardest to understand, the most emotionally painful to endure and seem to come at the highest price... in retrospect, usually turn out being lessons in life....

I think it's important to seize the opportunities LIFE PRESENTS BEFORE US and teach our children at an age appropriate level that GOD MAY NOT GIVE YOU EVERYTHING YOU WANT...BUT HE WILL MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WHAT YOU NEED.

I'm sure, in the last 10 yrs (after my husband passed away) I have made *many* mistakes as a young mother mourning the loss of my husband - married 7 yrs. I can honestly say, everything Ive said and the choices Ive made have all been with a 'thought' IS THIS THE VERY BEST OPTION, CHOICE, OUTCOME THAT I CAN HOPE FOR REGARDING MY TWO SONS? I remember raising them and knowing I made certain that my sons were going to grow up and understand accountability, respect, without a doubt they'd have a moral compass, they were raised attending church fostering their spiritual identity, they've been 'Gentlemen In Training' since they were walking and as they got a little older - I certainly made sure they understood Chivalry, work ethics, being a good steward, etc... What's worried me a bit and more so now that Luke is 13yrs old....HOW DO I TEACH THEM TO BE MEN? Boys learn what they live, see, hear, etc.... My sons, I worry a little, are not growing up *watching* and *learning* how to be Good Husbands, Nurturing Fathers, etc... I definitely believe men are natural born leaders. However, without the correct example, structure and/or dysfunctional behaviors that exist in millions of homes..... I have always worried about my sons since their Dad passed away when they were YOUNG. Im of the only mindset I can be and that's *Let Go And Let God* He's got the reigns.......
I will definitely continue to pray for the young mother who was widowed about a year ago. I will pray she finds peace, happiness, surrender, love, patience and maybe one day we'll have the opportunity to cross paths at a retreat or function and I can give her a Great Big Hug! Best Wishes To You & Your Little Family and Big Blessings To The Biblical Families Crew who stepped up to help her get safely settled with new housing.

Curious minds wanna know, Paul. Can you give us an update on this friend's life?

Back