• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Will Jesus have two marriages in the end?

So, do we not have a King right now?

Yes we do but your initial query was about a kingdom, and I'm talking about a literal kingdom, with a literal throne, in a literal city, over a literal nation.

Eze 37:21 (1) And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: 1917
Eze 37:22 (2) And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; 1947/8
(3)
and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all:

Yes we have a king, but no we don't have a literal kingdom of Israel yet. The kingdom is being prepared just as Ezekiel said it would. You can't have a literal kingdom if you don't already have a literal land and a literal people and a literal nation. If someone says he is a king and he doesn't have those things, he is not likely to be taken seriously. When Christ comes the second time, he is going to be taken very seriously indeed.

Last edited:
God's Torah demands two witnesses and they are Judah and Israel.

I've done a bit more clicking around the site you mentioned and found a bit more info. we are pretty much in agreement about the restoration of Judah/Israel in general.

Regarding your quote here, yes of course the Torah demands two witnesses, and Is 43:10 onwards says the Jews are God's witnesses. But when you try and put those together and then say that to get two witnesses you will have to take the nations/kingdoms of Israel and Judah that is when I think you have some problems of timing.

The Torah demands two witnesses before there were two nations/kingdoms (both words used together in Ez 37:22).
Isaiah said the Jews were going to be God's witnesses when Cyrus took Babylon. there certainly weren't two kingdoms then.
So in the times of those references you alluded to, the two kingdoms just aren't there. Worse still, if we stick with kingdoms, God is left with no witnesses at all for about 2,500 years. Most of that if you say two nations.

I want to quote @ZecAustin's post #155546 (on page 1) but it's totally out of context so I won't. But the principle he relies on works equally well for Jews and Gentiles. I think our discussion works better if the Jews are regarded as many individual witnesses rather than two national ones or two kingdom ones.

In Is 43:9-10 God foretells the future of the Jews.
the prophecy is fulfilled.
Man cannot tell the future, Therefore the Jews who are the subject of the prophecy are witness to the existence of God.

The principle works if two kingdoms witnessed and works if individual Jews witnessed. But there weren't two kingdoms at that time.

The witnesses are the house of Israel and the house of Judah. those do not need to be recognizable as kingdoms, they are houses, or groups of people, or families. Both existed from Jacob on.

Another significant point is that both Judaism and Christianity in general commit the very common error of assuming 'Jews' is synonymous with 'Israel' and tbat just isnt so. Remember, "all Jews are Israelites, but all Israelites are not Jews."

Jeremiah 3, Ezekiel 23, Hosea 1, etc all prove that differing fates demands two people.

The New Covenant is with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. If you aren't Jewish, then where do you fit? Why did He divide the house? What was His purpose? How then did He keep two witnesses?

I maintain my original comment. Two brides remain and always will. But, they will walk in unity. Ezekiel 37:24-28.

The witnesses are the house of Israel and the house of Judah. those do not need to be recognizable as kingdoms, they are houses, or groups of people, or families. Both existed from Jacob on.
OK good, I can go with that as long as you can do it without kingdoms.

Jeremiah 3, Ezekiel 23, Hosea 1, etc all prove that differing fates demands two people.
And (back in the time when there were indeed two kingdoms) those prophecies were fulfilled HISTORICALLY and separately by the Babylonians and Assyrians.
There are many latter-day applications of OT prophecies, but there are not two kingdoms now, so we may need to make some modification at least.

(Consider the Philistines and the Palestinians. Similar words, occupy same area, both implacable enemies of Israel. Israel never had peace while the Philistines had power. Are they the same people? Not at all. But is the political landscape of Israel now with the Palestinians similar to OT problems with the Palestinians? I think I am noticing some similarities...
I agree there are useful things in OT prophecy that can be applied to today’s time but we need to stop short of expecting an exact overlap every time.)

Another significant point is that both Judaism and Christianity in general commit the very common error of assuming 'Jews' is synonymous with 'Israel' and tbat just isnt so. Remember, "all Jews are Israelites, but all Israelites are not Jews."
OK I will tell you briefly what I think. When Jesus returns, there are indeed two entities but not two kingdoms. The division will be between Jacob’s descendants living in the land, and those who do not. And with the rise of anti-semitism, the diaspora will have different problems, and those problems will have to be dealt with differently and in different places.

Christ is going to return - who else are we specifically told will return? Elijah.
Mat 17:11 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Elias truly shall first come, and restore all things.
Did John the Baptist really restore all things? No. Within four years, the Messiah had been crucified.
Since John the Baptist was already dead by the time Jesus gave that prophecy, Elijah really is going to come back. Both were prophets, but what’s the difference between them?
Who did Jesus preach to? Well as he never left Israel, Israelites in the land.
Who did Elijah preach to? Specifically to the northern tribes who never returned en masse to the land – the diaspora.
Christ oversees sorting out the problems in the land, and Elijah oversees sorting out the problems Jews face returning to the land
That’s the crossroads where I suspect we part company and go in different directions.

The New Covenant is with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. If you aren't Jewish, then where do you fit? Why did He divide the house? What was His purpose? How then did He keep two witnesses?
the principle from Genesis is that Japheth and Ham could only find salvation in the tents of Shem (=name, and of course should have looked for the same city that Abraham did in Hebrews 11).
But they did not, and their alternative proposition met with complete failure:
Gen 11:4 And they said, Go to, let US build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let US make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

I am not Jewish and my responsibility is to fit into Gal 3:8,16, and 26-29.
If Abraham is your natural father, your responsiblity is to make sure you are among the spiritual children of Sarah not Hagar (Gal 4).

I thought we had agreed that God kept many individual witnesses not just one or two (1 Kings 19:14-18. here's v18
1Ki 19:18 Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.)

I maintain my original comment. Two brides remain and always will. But, they will walk in unity. Ezekiel 37:24-28.
I don't think so. You have not yet explained my understanding of 1Corinthians 15 reference where the coming kingdom is split into two phases. Phase 1 is the political mess that Christ inherits when he returns which will be totally resolved before the kingdom is fit to hand over to the Father (Phase 2) and incorporated into the divine family. The divisions of man are going to be reversed and replaced by unity under Christ, although comprised of many individuals. It's the final part where permanent comes in.

Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Yeah.... this is a discussion that would be fun in person. And, we can disagree and be brothers....

My perspective, the Kingdom cannot and will not be restored without the visible house of Israel, an impossibility by all human standards. Yet, prophecy demands this! Ezekiel 37:15ff; Jeremiah 31:20ff; Revelation 7:4ff, 21:10ff. Kind of explains Matthew 15:24, uh? (Remember, house of Israel is not a synonym of house of Judah...)

Much, much more in Scropture, but I'll leave it there. Our Father is doing something amazing in our day as He returns and gathers His people to the ancient paths.... I see BF as one part of a much larger picture. His calling back to Biblical Families and patriarchy is real!

Blessings

The Spanish reads marriage suppers of the Lamb in the Reyna Valera equivalent to the English KJV...Rev. 19.

My answer— in short, no.
Romans 11 describes the bride of Christ— His church as an olive tree. That olive tree is the covenant. It has never consisted entirely of Jews, never. There have always been “gentiles” that were grafted in as wild branches. So the covenant once was mostly populated by Jews and then mostly by Gentiles, and in the future by all peoples as we are told that the Jewish people will be restored to covenant in total.
So, the Church has always been the church from Adam to Abraham to David down to today.

@NickF , this bump is for you and the 'marriages' discussion.

Also, frankly, interesting to go back and see my thoughts on this topic four plus years ago and the nuances since...

Recent Two Brides, One Stone teaching fits well here.

Back