• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Will sacrifices be reinstated?

Mojo

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Michvas (sp?) have replaced sacrifice....under who's authority? For how long???

God still requires sacrifice.......thank the Almighty for Yeshua Hamashiach!!!

Although, oddly enough, there does seem to be a sort of sliding scale for certain sacrifices. One who can't bring a lamb should bring two turtledoves, and one who can't bring those should bring a tenth of an ephah of fine flour...
offering of the lips instead of bulls, etc.

I believe that sacrifices are off the table until the original site is available.

I believe that I am answering a different question than what you were asking.
I think that you are saying that in Christianity, the sacrifices have been replaced. My mind went to the fact that the Jews have no way to do sacrifices now.

Yet sacrifices seem to be a thing in Revelations, go figure.

Last edited:
I believe that sacrifices are off the table until the original site is available.
But for whom? The new covenant gave us Yeshua as prophet, priest, and King. He's a perfect sacrifice in perpetual efficacy for all believers. Any new sacrifices would be ineffectual...but all are welcome to do as they please.

For all Israelites that didn't accept their messiah.

Somehow I got my edit in my previous answer and cannot cut it and paste it here.

Last edited:
For all Israelites that didn't accept their messiah.

Somehow I got my edit in my previous answer and cannot cut it and paste it here.
This might be a topic for another thread.......moderator?

But I will ask anyway.

This is a real question, not rhetorical...because I've never pondered it and wonder what others have studied.

"Would the Tetragrammaton honor sacrifices if they were offered up again? Would He honor them until the Messiah was accepted by all? Would he allow two systems?"

If someone shows me an obvious and blatant verse, I'm going to scream for feeling like a doofus:D

I believe that sacrifices are off the table until the original site is available."

Check out Ezekiel 46. Sacrifices are to be off until the Most high priest reinstitutes them. That being said, Daniel states that when the antichrist is revealed is when he takes away the daily sacrifice. Dan 8:12,11:31&12:11
This leads me to believe that the temple will be rebuilt prior to His return, it will be a repeat of the King Saul scenario where one without the proper authority attempts to reinstitute temple sacrifice.
Rebuilding the temple is ok. Sacrifice without the proper credentials, not ok, no matter where it's done

Last edited by a moderator:
This gets a little dicey. Some people believe, me among them, that the return of the sacrifices will the desolation of abomination of which there have been at least two already, the replacement of the Aaronic high priest with a political appointee prior to the destruction of Jerusalem by Antiochus Epiphanes IV and what ever led God to have Tiberius smite the city again in AD 70.

While those weren't the only smitings of Jerusalem, they both resulted in serious damage to the temple.

But remember that a rebuilt temple would half no special significance for God. He destroyed the last several of them and we have no indication that He wants it rebuilt.

My suspicion is that it will be a widespread acceptance by Christians of the Temple cult, which can not lawfully be reimplemented and would seem to make null Christ's sacrifice, that will be the next desolation of abomination that leads to the final judgement.

I do not know whether the sacrifices are to start and cease again in the future, or if the prophecies regarding these have already been entirely fulfilled by past events. However I know that YHWH looks at the heart of man. If pious Jews set up the temple again and reinstate the sacrifices in full accordance with YHWH's own instructions, He will see that they have done it to serve Him, according to their own fallible human understanding, as all of us likewise act according to our fallible understanding yet are accepted by Him. Although it may be unnecessary, even wrong, I cannot see that following His own instructions with honest motives could possibly be an "abomination". That term must refer to something different.

I don't think it can be set up in accordance with God's Laws. It was kind of a one shot deal that had to be maintained. But it isn't the well meaning Jews that would be the problem but misguided Christians.

[QUOTE="
"Would the Tetragrammaton honor sacrifices if they were offered up again? Would He honor them until the Messiah was accepted by all? Would he allow two systems?"

If someone shows me an obvious and blatant verse, I'm going to scream for feeling like a doofus:D[/QUOTE]

The only thing that we have is that He never gave an "until" clause in the contract.
To me, His obvious intention was that the complete sacrifice was to be embraced when it happened, but I don't see where He gave them a heads-up that it was coming and expected.
So I see them as operating in good faith under the original contract, even though they missed the fork in the road.
I could be wrong, He is the only judge.

There's an interesting timeline that comes out when you examine Daniel. Everything concerning the Abomination of Desolation (the man antichrist standing in the temple) and the abomination of desolation (the event at the mid point where he sits in the temple as God) comes down to one question. Are they two events happening simultaneously? If not, are they two events both being fulfilled by the same man but at different times in the sequence of events that we refer to as Jacob's Troubles or big 'T' Tribulation.
In another post, (Pre-trib, mid-trib, post-trib) I detail my thoughts on Daniel 9:26,27 and why I believe that it is used incorrectly to tie the antichrist to a confirmed covenant and later to give an idea of a rough timeline. That timeline for me was confirmed by these questions above and how Daniel addresses them.
I do believe that the Antichrist will sit in the Temple and seek to be worshipped as God there at the mid-point of the 7 years. Revelations is pretty clear on that.
What I cannot find is a connection between Matt. 24:15 and Dan. 9:26,27. That connection only exists by inference and assumption. Christ specifically stated that he (AC) would be standing in the holy place. Nothing in Dan 9:26 mentions him standing. The only place in Daniel that connects is Dan. 11:31 which most people attribute to Antiochus Epiphanes because of Schofield's notes. However, when you begin examining Daniel looking for a match to Matthews account, there are only 4 passages that come close, Dan 8:12-14, Dan 9:26,27, Dan 11:31, and Dan 12:11.
When I examined them closer, I found that of the four, Dan 9:26,27 had nothing to do with the other 3 passages, it was describing a different event. It had the wrong 'confirmer', the wrong week, the wrong sacrifice, the abomination has to do with the rejection of the confirmed covenant and thus desolation is determined and Titus would destroy the temple.
However, when I examined the other three, I found connection with Matt. 24:15 in Dan 11:31. A king, at the head of an army, stands in the holy place. The other point of interest in this passage is that when he does this, he places the abomination that maketh desolate and takes away the daily sacrifice. These two additional clues confirm this passage as being the one referred to by Christ in Matthews Gospel. They also connect to the other two passages in Daniel and give an unmistakeable time frame for the events of the 7 years.
Daniel 8:13&14 state clearly that from the time the daily sacrifice is taken away, that the host and the sanctuary or holy place will be trodden under foot for 2300 days before it is cleansed. IF the revealing of the antichrist is the same event as when he places himself in the Temple at the mid-point, the end result is that the antichrist is still occupying the temple for an additional 1040 days (2300-1260) or 2 years and 10 months AFTER Armageddon!!! To me, the numbers just don't add up. Also, if you read Scoffield's notes on this passage, he admits that this is the most difficult passage that he had tried to explain. The reason for that is he attempted to attribute it to Antiochus Epiphanes who only trampled it under foot for 1095 days max! That's about a 48% match at best.
However, when we add the info from Dan 12:11 into the mix we find a 'from/to' scenario listed. From the taking away of the daily sacrifice, (To) and the abomination that makes desolate will be 1290 days.
With this additional information, if you examine the 7 years from the perspective that the two events are separated by 1290 days and you fix the event where he sits in the Temple at the mid point, (1260 days in) the removal of the daily sacrifice would happen a minimum of 30 days BEFORE the 7 years begins and the 2300 days would end in the 7th year just before Armageddon.
The results of this timeline are so far reaching and incredible. 2 Thess. 1&2 become crystal clear, Matthew 24's "Immediately after the tribulation of those days" (great tribulation) lays out perfectly, Rev. 7:14 "these are they that have come out of great tribulation," 1260 days before the mid-point (Rev 11:3-7) and the 144000 being the firstfruits of the Resurrection (Rev 14 &7) start to line up perfectly.
The other result of this timeline is that pre-trib, mid-trib and post-trib all become the same event.

Last edited:
On the subject of sacrifices being acceptable to God for sin, I don't believe that will ever be a viable option. Hebrews states that Jesus became the sacrifice, once for all. However, after the 7 years, Messiah the Prince will enter the city through the eastern gate and reinstitute the daily sacrifice Ezekiel 46. (not the continuous daily sacrifice but the sanctification of the Temple with exact sacrifices offered daily to consecrate and sanctify a brand new temple 1 Kings 8 & Ezra 3 especially vrs. 4&5, also Joel 2 is interesting)
In like manner, Zechariah 14 states that during the Millenial Reign that the Feast of Tabernacles will be observed from year to year (every year). I find it interesting that that one is the only one reinstated. I believe it is because it is the wedding anniversary of the Reigning Prince. The rest of the feasts are just dress rehearsals leading up to the wedding day (FoTab)

On the subject of sacrifices being acceptable to God for sin, I don't believe that will ever be a viable option. Hebrews states that Jesus became the sacrifice, once for all.
Still no definitive biblical case made, though. No smoking gun.

I am interested to hear others opinions on whether the OT sacrifices were for forgiveness, or for "covering".

Using Hebrews...
Forgiveness would indicate "sanctify" (made holy) and/or "justification" (made without sin)

"Covering"??? Does that mean the OT sacrifices were not complete sanctification or justification, merely temporary placeholder pictures of the perfect sacrifice to come?

If only temporary covering, would the Almighty accept them from Israel in our day as incomplete sacrifices until Yeshua establishes the kingdom and then only apply them as ritual cleansings?

Btw- vv76 Sent you a pm. Do you know how to open...or just ignoring???:)

Still no definitive biblical case made, though. No smoking gun.

I am interested to hear others opinions on whether the OT sacrifices were for forgiveness, or for "covering".

Using Hebrews...
Forgiveness would indicate "sanctify" (made holy) and/or "justification" (made without sin)

"Covering"??? Does that mean the OT sacrifices were not complete sanctification or justification, merely temporary placeholder pictures of the perfect sacrifice to come?

If only temporary covering, would the Almighty accept them from Israel in our day as incomplete sacrifices until Yeshua establishes the kingdom and then only apply them as ritual cleansings?
Romans 12:1. A new Sacrifice
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the merciesof God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
Heb. 9:8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth tothe purifying of the flesh:
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Heb. 7:18
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemptionof the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for the weakness and unprofitableness thereof.
For the law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw nigh unto God.

Here's an excerpt from the book of Gad the Seer Chapter 14:7. (Very interesting book, you can find it on Amazon published by Ken Johnson)
7 And then a man dressed in linen brought before the glory of the LORD three books that contained the records of every man. 8 And he read the first book and it contained the just deeds of His people, and the LORD said, “These are granted eternal life.” 9 And Satan said, “Who are these guilty people?” And the man dressed in linen cried to Satan like a ram’s horn saying, “Silence! This day is holy to our Lord.” 10 And he read the second book, and it contained the unintentional sins of His people, and the LORD said, “Put that book aside, but save it, until one third of the month passes by , to see what they will do.” 11 And he read the third book, and it contained the wicked deeds of His people. 12 And the LORD said to Satan, “These are your share. Take them and do what you want with them.” 13 And Satan took the wicked to a waste land to destroy them there. 14 And the man dressed in linen cried like a ram’s horn , saying: 15 “Blessed are the people who know the joyful shout [who look toward the Rapture], O LORD, who walk in the light of Your countenance.”
The passage above is given from the time context of the Bema seat. The picture presented here is the courtroom (not the Great White Throne) that begins on the Feast of Trumpets. Evidently, the ones who are in error will be given 10 days to be reconciled from their error. That takes you from Feast of Trumpets to Day of Atonement when we come 'face to face' with God.

I love to draw out the essence of a topic, even if I agree with you. I ask questions, then more questions to distill the truth. I totally lean on a perfect, effectual sacrifice, but part of one of your verse references causes me to have to ask another question again:

"For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:......."

Does this throw a wrench in the doctrine? Is Paul contradicting? Did the blood of bulls and goats sanctify? Could it sanctify again (temporarily) under a revived temple system, not for eternal salvation, but temporary cleansing of the individual?

Back