• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Will the sacrifices continue?

rustysdove11

Real Person
Female
I've been having an internal debate and I can't seem to answer my own question... so on the risk of sounding like an idiot I'm going to post it here as a question..... When yeshua returns will the animal sacrifices be reinstated? I've heard my father make comments in support of this but I feel like yeshua was the last sacrifice, I mean, what was the point of His sacrifice if we're just going to continue the animal sacrifices when He returns?

It should be stated that I haven't done any research on this, it was just something I started thinking about over my morning coffee.

Absent my double checking, I think your pops is correct.

This is what I have assumed based on what I think the bible says. I may be wrong. The sacrifices are in the temple, so when the temple is rebuilt then there will be sacrifices again for sure. But, after Yeshua comes back and we have the thousand year reign, I think there will be sacrifices then, because of what I read in Revelation after the thousand year reign. For example:

Revelation 21: 4, He will wipe away every tear from their eyes and death shall be no more, nether shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.

So, there's no more death after the judgement, but there was death before it, after Yeshua has come back.

Revelation 21: 22, And I saw no temple in the city, for it's temple is the Lord God the Almighty and the lamb.

No temple - no sacrifices, again making me think that if that's changed then there was a temple and sacrifices before this.
None of this is 'proof', just my thoughts really. And it doesn't really matter so much, if when Yeshua comes back He tells us to do the sacrifices, we'll do the sacrifices won't we!

By the way, off topic a bit, I was reading about the sacrifices over the Passover week the other day, that's a whole lot of meat, lol! The temple must have been huge, I mean really huge. How do you cook 13 bulls, 2 rams, 14 lambs, and a goat, in one day? I can't imagine it.

I mean, what was the point of His sacrifice if we're just going to continue the animal sacrifices when He returns?

Hebrews 10:4
For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.

Only the Sacrifice of Christ was acceptable to take away sins. Sacrifice in the past only pointed to the coming sacrifice of Christ and the sacrifices of the future will point back to the sacrifice of Christ as a means of instruction and remembrance of His work on the cross. If faith was misplaced in the sacrifice rather than the coming redeemer they could not save. even Job knew this.

Job 19:25
For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:

Ezekiel 46 gives a count by day of sacrifices that will be used to sanctify the temple when He enters through the Eastern Gate.

I'm not familiar with any passages that indicate that there will be or won't be sacrifices after this event but my gut feeling is that there could be some though I can't tell you why at this point.

Obviously, as FH2 pointed out, if He says it, I'm sure that we'll do it.

If there are sacrifices, I'm also pretty certain that it will be for something other than sin, but that's just my shotgun opinion :rolleyes:

This is what I have assumed based on what I think the bible says. I may be wrong.
That is just the best, most honest statement out there!

From my perspective, more sacrifices doesn't seem to make sense.
But the verses that have already been quoted seem to indicate that it will happen.
Whatever YHWH does require will prove to be reasonable, I can wait for His answers as it does not affect my walk.

Maybe the link to the Last Supper/Passover is key.

We still have our "in remembrance of me" moments (however you choose to do that, whether full Passover, or wafer and wine).

Could the future sacrifices be an "in remembrance of me" activities?

Just thinking out loud.

I am of the opinion that there is a good chance (how's that for hedging?) that the desolation of abominations that will usher in the tribulation is the resumption of the sacrifices.

I am convinced of this as well. There will be another altar built at the very least, if not another tabernacle/temple.
The sacrifices will be resumed as a consecration/dedication of a new temple. These sacrifices will be stopped by the abomination of desolation and will be the unmistakable confirmation that this man is who we think he is.

I thought Zec was saying that the resumption of the sacrifices is itself the AoD....

You all are getting too eschatological for me. I've got to run....:eek::eek::eek:

Just an interesting article, that might change perspective on these kinds of issues to some degree.

Paul wrote that we are to present ourselves as living sacrifices, and this kind of supports that concept. It is related to Jesus saying that the days were coming when believers would worship the Father in spirit and in truth. In this renewed covenant age the terms and conditions are a little different.

It's a fair bit of reading, but we thought it was well done, and thought provoking.

You end up with a very different picture of the new Jerusalem....it might not look like a big cube when you're done reading.

Attachments

• The Cherub Unmasked Pt. 1.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • The Cherub Unmasked Pt. 2.pdf
    463.1 KB · Views: 1
I struggle to see how something God Himself commanded could be then termed an "abomination" - unnecessary I can understand, but abominable is something else. So I would tend to go with the sacrifices being ceased by the abomination.

However, if the Biblical sacrifices were not reinstated, and rather some man-invented universal islamochristojudaism were set up on the temple mount to unify the world in one religion, and that involved sacrifices, that truly would be an abomination.

However, if the Biblical sacrifices were not reinstated, and rather some man-invented universal islamochristojudaism were set up on the temple mount to unify the world in one religion, and that involved sacrifices, that truly would be an abomination.

Ezekiel 7,8&9 are the relevant chapters for this scenario. 7 gives the time frame, "an end, the end". 8 gives a description of multiple religions utilizing the temple simultaneously and 9 gives the prophesied purging.

I find it hugely coincidental? That the only other reference I am aware of to an angel that seals the servants of God in their forehead is in the sixth seal.

You see I struggle with the idea that a rebuilt temple would mean a hill of beans to God. It wouldn't be sacred to Him. And it would be impossible for reinstituted sacrifices to even be scriptural since there is no provision for any implements to be purified. It would be far worse than substituting Easter for Passover. You would be substituting a farce of the system that God did away for the eternal sacrifice of the Spotless Lamb. That does sound like an abomination to me. His people replacing His Perfect Sacrifice, that would make Him angry. What obvious pagans did in a man made building would bother Him no more than any of the other weird things we do in any other building.

I'm with you on most of that one Zec. However, all it takes is a people who don't see Jesus as Messiah or the Spotless Lamb, coupled with a national zeal to return to a religious observance and a decree by the hierarchy deeming it to be God's will, and a Temple you will have.

As I understand Daniel (which could be wrong) the AC is revealed by taking away the daily sacrifice, that is when the two counts of days begin.

Back