• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

William Luck

cnystrom

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Most people know William Luck. He is famous for:

https://bible.org/article/morality-biblical-polygyny

I believe this is one of our resources on this web site.

Anyway, I know times are tough all over, but he just posted this on Facebook.

"Well, I can't sleep, so I guess I'll post a prayer request that I have been hoping desperately that I wouldn't have to make. My dad used to talk about people "coming to the end of their rope." I guess Wanda and I have just about arrived there. She has been out of work since the end of November and our attempts to "make do" with my social security...paying utilities, insurance for cars, her health insurance, and for our medications, has left us in the red with the bank and no money for food for the rest of the month.
We have applied for disability for her, but that takes months to get if it can be gotten. The medication for gout is helping her improve each day, but if she does get well enough to go back to work, that will end the disability filing. Every time she goes back to work, withing a few weeks or months she is out again and in the hospital. If she manages to get back to work, her car is a problem. The battery is dead (won't take a charge) and she has a check engine light for a cam shaft sensor (which I have been told means that her engine could die at any minute and not restart.) She can't take my vehicle (Chevy Trailblazer) because mine has no power steering and she is unable to muscle it with her swollen and painful hands. If I drive her, then I have to do that both ways for 35+ miles each way and the gas costs will eat us alive.
The short of it is that I feel like the Israelites in the wilderness... it's hard to see how we have a way out even if God opened the windows of heaven and rained quail on us. I can understand why those who don't have faith would search for some easy way to "check out." It's exhausting to constantly being unable to pay for necessary things.
So...the short of it is that we need a miracle to help us make it through to disability or to Wanda's retirement (which could come at the earliest in mid-October. Please pray with us for some solution to this immediate and dire need. Thanks. (And special thanks for so many who have "helped us through" before.) We feel like we are close to some answers via Social Security but are definitely "falling short" at the moment. Thanks again for your prayer support. God has always supplied in the past and we trust in Him in our present situation."

I am not sure how one goes about setting up one of those gofundme sites, but it seems like one may be needed here.

Anyone can make one and it is easy and quick to do on gofundme.com. It might make more sense for @cnystrom to start it because you are already friends with him in Facebook. But I can make one if you don’t want to.

Done. Let me know what you have in mind for an accountability partner. Happy to help.

You'll receive the funds and pass through to Luck, or I think you can direct GFM to send directly to him.

Done. Let me know what you have in mind for an accountability partner. Happy to help.

You'll receive the funds and pass through to Luck, or I think you can direct GFM to send directly to him.

I got Dr. Luck's e-mail address and I think I passed distribution directly to him so he can get the funds directly.

I believe I have sent you an invitation to be a team member which I believe makes you another admin in the campaign.

Done.

I’ve already shared this to my fb page, and I see you’ve shared it to the BF groups. Anywhere else we should be publishing this?

I’ll put it on the BF page.

Dr Luck has been a great blessing to those fighting for truth in the arena of biblical marriage. 1 Timothy 5:18 comes to mind. Thank you @cnystrom for sharing what is going on with Dr. Luck and his wife. My heart goes out to them. I would encourage everyone who has benefited from his ministry (which I think is most of us) to help out, even if it isn’t much. Every little bit makes a difference when times are tough. :)

Woohoo! Every dollar helps, please contribute anything you can.

He was set up to collect the funds directly. I have no way to see if any or all of it has been withdrawn.

I have contacted him directly. Here is a quote of his message to me:

"Sorry to be slow to respond, Chris. I have been notified that the money was transfered. I have been dealing with a serious family medical problem. Thanks for your help in this. My concern at the moment is that my wife's company doesn't seem to have cashed a couple of months of checks that I gave them to cover her insurance. If they cash them all together it will be a disaster."

I am not 100% sure what this means. It sounds to me like he got it, but it is not 100% clear.

Thank you for your contributions and I am sure that he appreciates it.

Back