• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Wind Up and THROW Your Troubles

CecilW

Real Person
Male
Casting all your care upon Him for He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
May I share a mental picture with you?

"Casting ALL your care upon Him" does not look like what I recently experienced. Big beautiful church on Sabbath morning. Everyone dressed to the 9s. Soft beautiful background music. Ushers passing out little squares of paper and pens. Pastor inviting the congregants to write their greatest concern on a piece of paper and "give it to the L-A-W-D, hallelujah!" Half the congregation filing solemnly forward to shove their dab of paper through a shredder beside the pulpit on stage. All done! Jesus done took it now!

Sad, really. But that ain't it! "CASTING ALL your care upon Him" looks like this: Huge American Baseball stadium full of screaming fans and foes. 2/3 fans, 1/3 foes in the Spirit section. "We are a spectacle to men and angels", (1Co4:9).

You, on the pitcher's mound, dirty, sweaty, tired, and hurting. Next to you is a bucket full of nasty baseballs. Why? Cause your Catcher NEVER, EVER returns a ball. You can walk over to the catcher's box and retrieve the mess yourself, but WHY?

Jesus, squatting behind the base, wearing a HUGE grin and an even HUGER catcher's mitt on His RIGHT hand. WHY? Not because He is a southpaw, but because He has no need to catch with His weak hand so He can throw with His strong. He ain't throwing NUTTIN'! He just catches it and drops it in His own bucket.

But here's the important point: You wind up and THROW (cast) with all your might. HE always, ALWAYS catches the ball. With EVERY pitch, He stands up, throws His arms in the air, and yells, "Strike THREE! Worry, you are OUT of here! Go back to HELL where you belong, loser!" And the stadium erupts. 2/3s with cheers, 1/3 with either boo's, rage, or discouraged silence ...

Either way, YOUR bucket is 1 ball emptier.

And with an answering smile on your own face, you bend and reach for another ball ...

I love this imagery. Excellent, Thank you for Sharing!

it is good imagery, cecil usually hits them out of the park but in this one he is recomending that we throw them out of the park. :D

Back