• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Women's March: Jezebel spirit

Elijahsfire

Male
You'e seen the women's march perhaps. Abortion, hating on "the patriarchy", free love...blah blah blah...sorry I'm disturbed and ticked all at once. How did we get her when women you least expect are supporting this? It has to be spiritual cause I don' know how droves of women get sucked into this stuff. So many wont even take criticism or be told how wrong this whole "movement" is without calling you a misogynist. Are women just more easily deceived? Was that a rhetorical question? What do we do when God fearing homes still produce young women who get behind this garbage. The jezebel demon is still around. Thoughts?

My answer is "SHELTER"!

People so often get on my case for "sheltering" my kids to much. We home school and focus more on their Biblical worldview than any other topic/subject. And maintaining their innocence is the highest priority as we teach them to walk in righteousness.... This limits what they watch, witness, read, etc.

I simply tell people that it's a parent's role and responsibility to protect their children from evil. Especially the father should be SHELTERING them from wickedness and sin.

The most well rounded and righteous kids, teens and adults I know are all individuals who were strongly SHELTERED by their parents. So, my plan is to focus on what I can control and do to bring a solution to the problem of feminism that you speak of... SHELTER and protect my daughters... raise them to become Proverbs 31 women of God like their precious mother (who was homeschooled and strongly sheltered by her amazing Godly parents lol)!

Oh God, my Father... give me strength and wisdom to protect my sweet girls from the evils of this world. Lord preserve their innocence I pray! Amen!

The enemy of our souls is at war with our Creator and has been for thousands of years.
His goal is to pervert YHWH’s plans for a one world government under His son in the Millennium.
What we are seeing is normal for people in deception.

Hang in there, do good, and suffer the consequences.
We win in the end, the rest is just warfare.

My answer is "SHELTER"!

People so often get on my case for "sheltering" my kids to much. We home school and focus more on their Biblical worldview than any other topic/subject. And maintaining their innocence is the highest priority as we teach them to walk in righteousness.... This limits what they watch, witness, read, etc.

I simply tell people that it's a parent's role and responsibility to protect their children from evil. Especially the father should be SHELTERING them from wickedness and sin.

The most well rounded and righteous kids, teens and adults I know are all individuals who were strongly SHELTERED by their parents. So, my plan is to focus on what I can control and do to bring a solution to the problem of feminism that you speak of... SHELTER and protect my daughters... raise them to become Proverbs 31 women of God like their precious mother (who was homeschooled and strongly sheltered by her amazing Godly parents lol)!

Oh God, my Father... give me strength and wisdom to protect my sweet girls from the evils of this world. Lord preserve their innocence I pray! Amen!
Right on bro!

Satan is clearly at work in our twisted modern society. Corrupting the minds of young females. Blessed are those women who choose to bravely stand against this corruption.

Exactly. We live in a day where Sarah, Ruth, and Esther have been replaced by Katy Perry, Beyonce, and Margaret Sanger. A a pro life friend of mine liked a photo of Katy Perry yesterday which was taken with planned parenthood people. I had to point out that Katy Perry supports Abortion and the friend was like "I'm just a fan of hers and thought it was a good photo" to paraphrase. Uuugghhh

I also think girls need to be made aware of how society will try to manipulate their caring and nuturing instincts. It is not by accident that the biggest supporters of lgbtq causes are females. They are purposely targeted by the media and entertainment industry....but y'al already knew that.

the biggest supporters of lgbtq causes are females
Also biggest supporters of unrestricted immigration, animal rights, and I'm just extrapolating here but maybe all causes that engage those caring and nurturing instincts. A lot of maternal energy being frustrated then manipulated and redirected....

Agreed 100%.

Washington, Adams, Jefferson.....none had facial hair either. I think old Abe began the trend.

Re the "spirit of Jezebel", is that the same as the "spirit of prostitution" that Hosea talks about? I've been reading that book recently for an upcoming monthly bible study I'm in (which, incidently, might give me an opportunity to bring up the OT definition of adultery), and I came across this section:

Hosea 4: 6a, 11-14, 18b:
My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I will also reject you... Prostitution, wine, and new wine take away understanding. My people consult with their wooden idol, and answer to a stick of wood. Indeed the spirit of prostitution has led them astray, and they have been unfaithful to their God. They sacrifice on the tops of the mountains, and burn incense on the hills, under oaks and poplars and terebinths, because its shade is good. Therefore your daughters play the prostitute, and your brides commit adultery. I will not punish your daughters when they play the prostitute, nor your brides when they commit adultery; because the men consort with prostitutes, and they sacrifice with the shrine prostitutes; so the people without understanding will come to ruin... They play the prostitute continually. Her rulers dearly love their shameful way.

The women's relation to their men is a reflection of the men's relation to God. As the men rebel against God, the women rebel against the men; and God doesn't punish the women directly for it. This whole passage reminds me of Romans 1, where God "gives them up" to their sinful ways, and both are symptomatic of our times.

FWIW, "Jezebel" literally means "to not cohabit with", and to me has always signified control-through-sexual-withholding, as enshrined by the principle of forced monogamy. Not much of a stretch to include control-through-offering-sex in the definition....

This is what happens when all controls are lifted from women and their desires are enshrined as the prime societal good.

It has to be spiritual cause I don' know how droves of women get sucked into this stuff.

As Paul states and Genesis demonstrates, women are more easily deceived. It is sort of like taking armor off. When men stepped back from their headship role it left the women exposed to temptation. When happened next was only a matter of time.

These things become big and popular because women are creatures of the herd. Feminism spreads like wildfire the same way any other fashion or consumer trend propagates.

A lot of feminism boils down to envy; one of the oldest temptations of women.

When men stepped back from their headship role it left the women exposed to temptation. When happened next was only a matter of time.
Yes.
When you look at the lives of individual women around you that are not under covering you will probably see a lot of confusion and dysfunction. Even those who are married to weak leadership are in this category.
Isaiah 4:1 looks to be about poly, but in reality it is about headship/covering. They realize that not being under covering is unacceptable and dangerous. I have always wondered if it might be that the seven women are in a Bible study together and realize the error of the idea that men are optional. They choose one guy to attach themselves to because they see his quality of covering. I presume that he already has multiple wives and that is why they make the point that they will support themselves. The way that he leads existing his family would show the quality of his covering, just being a male is not going to prove to be adequate.

But to come back to the point, females not under covering are often not very stable. So also are weak males/Ahabs.
Males following strongly after YHWH lead their women safely.
Female leadership, or females attempting to walk directly under YHWH with no accountability to a male are out of phase with the Created universe.

Yes.
When you look at the lives of individual women around you that are not under covering you will probably see a lot of confusion and dysfunction. Even those who are married to weak leadership are in this category.
Isaiah 4:1 looks to be about poly, but in reality it is about headship/covering. They realize that not being under covering is unacceptable and dangerous. I have always wondered if it might be that the seven women are in a Bible study together and realize the error of the idea that men are optional. They choose one guy to attach themselves to because they see his quality of covering. I presume that he already has multiple wives and that is why they make the point that they will support themselves. The way that he leads existing his family would show the quality of his covering, just being a male is not going to prove to be adequate.

But to come back to the point, females not under covering are often not very stable. So also are weak males/Ahabs.
Female leadership, or females attempting to walk directly under YHWH with no accountability to a male are out of phase with the Created universe.
Is there a hallelujah chorus button? Loves me this post!

Washington, Adams, Jefferson.....none had facial hair either. I think old Abe began the trend.
The trend started when, men stop trying to emulate European Aristocracy and elites. They stopped wearing make up and grew beards.
The one of best points made in a long time.

Back