• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Words of thought 2012

Chaplain

Real Person
Well folks....As promised.....Here is the start of a NEW "Words of Thought". They will be taken not only from my on thoughts about various things but from other sources as well. I hope that they are a blessing to one and all.

This first one is taken from a study book I have titled "Walking in Love with Jesus".

When I walk in love with Jesus......I remember that God always holds the key to any dilemma. As long as I keep Jesus by my side, and love in my heart, I will be guided and counseled.

God's Word says........" Ask, and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened ". Matthew 7: 7-8 NKJV

Hey Chaplain!
I enjoyed your first Words of thought for 2012 and look forward to the next one!
May God use your words to bring healing, joy, peace or whatever a person needs to feel when they read it.
Chaplains Cajun Rose Aka Chaplains Rose...AKA Annette

Hello my friends,
Here is this times "Words of Thought".

There are times in our lives that we think we can do something and nobody will ever know. Like when we may be out of town and we know nobody there, we may slip off and do something that we normally would not do. Or we may be at home all alone, the husband or wife is at work, kids at school and there is the computer...just calling our name. We get on line and start going to sites we would not go to otherwise or get into a chat with a strange person and get sucked into, over time, talking about personal things we would like to do with the opposite sex or the same sex for that matter. The devil has his ways of really messing with our minds when we think others are not looking or around to "tell" on us or confront us in what we are doing. The devil blocks or minds with the supposed pleasure of what we are doing or about to do and shows us what "fun" we can have or tells us the normal lie of " nobody will know" or " lets just do it this once, who is it going to hurt". While he is doing and say all that to us he is also doing his best to keep the Lord out of our minds for he knows if he can do that, then he can hook us on the "fake" pleasure he promises. Well I am here to remind you and yes myself that though we may think nobody knows....there is ONE who DOES know and that is the LORD Himself for you see, we can NEVER hide ANYTHING from HIM!

Check out what the LORD has to say to us on this.

Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me," Even the night shall be light about me; Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to You. Psalms 139:7-12 NKJV

Hello my friends, Here is this times "Words of Thought". This is a continuation of those "Words of Thought" from last time.

How many times do we say.....no body will see. We sneak in the back door or side door, late at night, of a place that we normally would not go and say...no body will see or know. How many times have we said something or did something and we realize what was said or what we did and we turn around quickly to make sure no body we know is around to have seen us or heard what we have said. Lets face it, we ALL have done the above things at one time or another. Remember, when I am pointing my finger at you, I have 3 pointing back at me so I admit that I have and at times still do those things. None of us are perfect....we stumble every day. We think we can hide most if not all the mess-up we make, even those that we try and sneak off and do when no one is around. Well guess what......you have been busted.......Oh we may hide those things or attempt to hide them from those people we know but we cannot hide them from God.......HE knows everything that we do....even before we do them. Adam and Eve tried to hide from God in the garden after eating the forbidden fruit but God already knew what they had done. So don't ever think you are hiding something from everybody you know cause you can't hide it from God!

Check out what Gods word says:

"Then the LORD God called to Adam and said to him, "Where are you?" So he said, "I heard Your voice in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; and I hid myself." And He said, "Who told you that you were naked? Have you eaten from the tree of which I commanded you that you should not eat?"
Genesis 3:9-11 NKJV

"O LORD, You have searched me and known me. You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off. You comprehend my path and my lying down, And are acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word on my tongue, But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether. You have hedged me behind and before, And laid Your hand upon me.Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; It is high, I cannot attain it. Where can I go from Your Spirit? Or where can I flee from Your presence? If I ascend into heaven, You are there; If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there. If I take the wings of the morning, And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, Even there Your hand shall lead me, And Your right hand shall hold me. If I say, "Surely the darkness shall fall on me," Even the night shall be light about me; Indeed, the darkness shall not hide from You, But the night shines as the day; The darkness and the light are both alike to You. For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother's womb." Psalm 139:1-13 NKJV

Hey there my friends. I know it's not Sunday but seeing as it's my and Chaplains Cajun Rose ( aka Chaplains Rose ) 32 yr wedding Anniversary and we will be out of town Sunday, I wanted to post this while I was thinking about it. SO...Here is this times " Words of Thought"

There is a band out of New Orleans ( my home town by the way ) know as 12 Stones. Some of you may have heard of them but most may not have. Any way, they have a song titled "Home". Now being the type of person I am and having been a part of our youth groups creative interp at a former Church I attended, I can sit and listen to this song almost none stop ( I do have to stop from time to time to let my hearing return after blaring out my speakers ) and can visualize a creative interp to this song, bringing glory to my Lord........................The words bring to question in my mind.....where is "Home" to you? What are you doing to keep you away from that "Home". Have you found the "key" to getting to your "Heavenly Home"? Have you accepted the free.....yes FREE gift that is the way to this "Heavenly Home"? You know, that free gift is Jesus Christ. If we do not accept Him, we have no means of getting that key to our "Heavenly Home". That "Heavenly Home" is where Christ Jesus and God the father live. THAT is the "Home" that I wish to be at. Yes it's nice to return to my earthly home after a week in the Gulf of Mexico but my desire and drive is to be in that "Heavenly Home". How about you?.......Here is what Gods word has to say followed but the words to the song "Home"

"Jesus said to him, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6 NKJV

"Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him, and We will come to him and make Our home with him".
John 14:23 NKJV

"Home"
In my eyes you see the pain
With each lie I take the blame
With each sigh I slowly fall away

You are there when I need you
You sew me up when I bleed through
The endless cloth of lies surrounding me

[Chorus:]
Everything that I am you have given me
The lessons that I've learned are bringing me home
It's everything that I need
It's all the truth that I believe
Right where I need to be
Just bring me home

I hide in darkness blind to sense
Chasing a dream with false pretense
Help me find the fracture in this dark sky
Everything that I believe is slowly overtaking me
I'm just trying to find my way back home

[Chorus]

[Hook:]
Endless days are haunting me
Open eyes and I can't sleep
I need this now rescue me
Just bring me home

[x4]
You can't bring me down
‘Cause I'm going home

It's everything that I need
It's all the truth that I believe
Right where I need to be
Just bring me home

[Hook]

Hello once again my friends. Here is this times " Words of Thought"

I am once again using the lyrics from that Band out of New Orleans, 12 Stones. How many times do we just wish to run and hide form our Lord? How many times have we done things that have driven us off the straight and narrow path, where we have decided to take that broad road to what we see and think is some kind of fun or enjoyment, but when we get there it is like....Why did I ever do that or Why did I become involved in this? The world always makes us Christians seem like a bunch of goody-two-shoes, that we are a bunch of sticks in the mud or that we have our noses stuck up in the air and that we are better than everybody else. They do not seem to realize that WE do have fun, that WE can enjoy life, that WE do get to "party" and have a great time doing things because WE have the freedom to enjoy ALL that GOD has made. We do not wish to become a part of "their parties" for those activities tear down the things God made for us to enjoy and takes away all the fun of enjoying those things with HIM. God is always there for us no matter where we are in our life or what we have done. HE is there for us to call out too, not only when life becomes tough but ALL the time for HE LOVES us SO much that HE gave us the most wonderful gift that could ever be given....His son Jesus....All we need to do is accept that gift.

Here are just a couple of scriptures about God not forsaking us for HE is always with us.

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the LORD your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6 NKJV

"I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, And crooked places straight. These things I will do for them, And not forsake them." Isaiah 42:16 NKJV

"The Way I Feel"

Lately I've been wandering
Off the narrow path
You’ve given me so many things that I've never had
And all in all I know it's you that always pulls me through
If you reach deep inside you’ll see my heart is true

‘Cause I hate the way I feel tonight
And I know I need you in my life
Yes I hate the way I feel inside
And I promise to make the sacrifice

The world I know is pulling me
More and more each day
I feel like the odd man out as I begin to pray
Spiteful eyes are watching me
With everything I do
In the midst of darkness Lord
My spirit calls for you

(You know sometimes deep inside)
I feel like this

'Cause I hate the way I feel tonight

'Cause I hate the way I feel tonight

The Way I Feel Yeaah

The Way I Feeeel

Sorry so late. Been out of town. Here is this times " Words of Thought".
It is taken from a study book I have titled " 101 Keys for Life...Powerful Thoughts on Christian Living".

Enjoy......May the Lord Bless You by reading His word.

No matter what your circumstances, God's power doesn't change.
" With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26 KJV

God doesn't want our spare time, HE wants quality time with us.
" And ye shall seek me, and find me, when ye shall search for me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13 KJV

Don't carry grudges------they will never carry you.
" Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door. " James 5:9 KJV

Today is Easter Sunday.......Do you really know what Easter is all about or have you fallen for the "worldly view" of Easter? Do you tell your children / grand-children what Easter is about or do you just fill them with the "worldly view"? Do you think nothing but what fun you have in coloring eggs, hiding them and having the little ones run around trying to find them? Do you sit around and enjoy yourself eating all kinds of food? Do you sit back and relax, stuffed with the food you have eaten and not take the time to teach the little ones what Easter is all about? Do you even attend an Easter service at your local church? Do YOU Truly Know What Easter Is ALL About? Well DO YOU? ..........I pray that you do!

"Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live." John 11:25 NKJV

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead," 1 Peter 1:3 NKJV

Hello once again my friends.

During church services yesterday a thought came to mind that I wish to share. Here is a question that Jesus himself asked of his disciples " When Jesus came into the region of Caesarea Philippi, He asked His disciples, saying, "Who do men say that I, the Son of Man, am?" They answered him as follows: " So they said, "Some say John the Baptist, some Elijah, and others Jeremiah or one of the prophets." Jesus then asked "He said to them, "But who do you say that I am?" ..........Who is Jesus to you? Is he just a Jewish carpenter? Is he some wise man? Is he just some person in a Bible story? Is he just a good man who did good things? Is he still a baby in a manger? Is he some guy who died on a Roman cross? Is he some prophet like mohammad? Is he some guy with a bunch of good teachings on how we should live our life?.........................Here is just some of who HE is to me............................He is my Lord, My Salvation, My Help, My rock, My Savior, My shepherd, My living water, My bread of life, My door way to heaven, My strength, My shield, My refuge, My all in all, My deliverer, My help, My brother.......I could keep on writing but you get the picture...........SO..........the question is ........Just WHO is JESUS to YOU?.......Think about it.

I have been away with work and other projects so sorry for not have posted lately.

Here is a thought that I have shared with my wife Annette and has brought about some good discussion at home, so I thought I would share it with you so that you may discuss it at home yourselves.

Why has the Lord shown so many families the truth about Biblical Plural marriage? Why has HE placed it on and is placing on the hearts of so many single women?
WHY?

This is what I have come up with through my own prayer time and discussions with Annette. The Lord is on the move. HE is in the process of doing something, what that something is I do not know, but what ever it is, it will be global in scope. I feel it will affect things greatly here in the U.S. to the point that those families will be opening their homes and hearts to these single women in droves for it will require all of them together to survive. Older men such as myself will be led to take in women our own age as well as much younger women, thus having and raising children given to them in our old age as a means of teaching them about the Love of Christ, for the "local churches" will fail in doing so, as a lot are even now. Our first wives, though may bulk at having much younger wives in the home, will have a burden placed on their hearts by the Lord to add them to their family and will look forward with joy the additions of new born children.

Though not all of this may happen to me, I still feel so strongly about it and just have this God given feeling that something is about to happen. I just hope I can at least get this across to the one woman I truly desire to have as a Covenant wife and that she will open her own eyes and heart to what is coming. I pray that we ALL are prepared, but mostly us men, for as it is stated in Isaiah 4:1 (NKJV) "And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, "We will eat our own food and wear our own apparel; Only let us be called by your name, To take away our reproach."

Hello once again my friends, here are some "Words of Thought".

I was at a meeting some time back where the discussion of Prayer was had. There is an acronym that some of you might know about. It is ACTS---A is for adoration, C is for confession, T is for thanksgiving and S is for supplication. It is a neat way to say our prayers. By giving first off the adoration and praise that HE deserves, then go into confessing our own sins and wrong doings. After that we thank HIM for His blessings and all of the things that HE has done for us, then we seek HIS help in various matters in our lives as well as the lives of our family and friends. Prayer is and has always been a means of talking to God. You don't need to know, as the old saying goes, The Kings English, to talk to God. Just be open and honest with Him. Tell Him how you feel, tell Him those things that get you made or sad, the things that hurt. Not only is He God, but He is also our Heavenly Father and he cares about you and me.

Below are just a few things God has to say about prayer

" If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land" 2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV

" Out of the depths I cry to you, O Lord; O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy." Psalm 130: 1-2 NIV

" Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? He should call the elders of the Church to pray over him and anoint him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. James 5: 13-16 NIV

Hey everyone, here is this times "Words of Thought".
Below are some items taken from a small pamphlet titled " Walking in love with Jesus ". I hope and pray that they bring a blessing to your heart.

When I walk in love with Jesus...I learn to resist temptation. I keep my body as the holy temple God intended it to be. I resist the urge to speak unkindly or act impurely. I call on the power of God's love to overcome greed, anger and lust.
" Let no one say when he is tempted "I am tempted by God", for God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does He Himself tempt anyone. But each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed." James 1:13-14 NKJV

When I walk in love with Jesus....I pray with all my heart and soul. My prayers are filled with gratitude for my blessings, especially for the love I receive every minute of every day from Jesus Christ my Lord.
" Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving." Colossians 4:2 NKJV

When I walk in love with Jesus......I strive to be helpful to others in thought, word and deed. I try to offer aid when possible, solace instead of advice, and assistance instead of criticism.
" Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2 NKJV

May the Lord bless you and keep you, May His face shine down upon you; Blessed be the name of the Lord.

I have a program that a Pastor friend of mine gave me to help in my Bible study for the various sermons that I preach. In the program is a daily Bible ready and commentary. I have been blessed by these reading. May this study be a blessing unto you.

"but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be the glory both now and forever. Amen." 2 Peter 3:18 NKJV

"Grow in grace"--not in one grace only, but in all grace. Grow in that root-grace, faith. Believe the promises more firmly than you have done. Let faith increase in fullness, constancy, simplicity. Grow also in love. Ask that your love may become extended, more intense, more practical, influencing every thought, word, and deed. Grow likewise in humility. Seek to lie very low, and know more of your own nothingness. As you grow downward in humility, seek also to grow upward--having nearer approaches to God in prayer and more intimate fellowship with Jesus. May God the Holy Spirit enable you to "grow in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour." He who grows not in the knowledge of Jesus, refuses to be blessed. To know Him is "life eternal," and to advance in the knowledge of Him is to increase in happiness. He who does not long to know more of Christ, knows nothing of Him yet. Whoever hath sipped this wine will thirst for more, for although Christ doth satisfy, yet it is such a satisfaction, that the appetite is not cloyed, but whetted. If you know the love of Jesus--as the hart panteth for the water-brooks, so will you pant after deeper draughts of His love. If you do not desire to know Him better, then you love Him not, for love always cries, "Nearer, nearer." Absence from Christ is hell; but the presence of Jesus is heaven. Rest not then content without an increasing acquaintance with Jesus. Seek to know more of Him in His divine nature, in His human relationship, in His finished work, in His death, in His resurrection, in His present glorious intercession, and in His future royal advent. Abide hard by the Cross, and search the mystery of His wounds. An increase of love to Jesus, and a more perfect apprehension of His love to us is one of the best tests of growth in grace.

Hello one and all. Sorry for not having posted the last few weeks. I have met my self coming and going. Hope to get back on track soon. Here is this times "Words of Thought". It is taken from a daily Bible Study that I have. Hope it brings a blessing to your heart.

"The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin." --1 John 1:7

"Cleanseth," says the text--not "shall cleanse." There are multitudes who think that as a dying hope they may look forward to pardon. Oh! how infinitely better to have cleansing now than to depend on the bare possibility of forgiveness when I come to die. Some imagine that a sense of pardon is an attainment only obtainable after many years of Christian experience. But forgiveness of sin is a present thing--a privilege for this day, a joy for this very hour. The moment a sinner trusts Jesus he is fully forgiven. The text, being written in the present tense, also indicates continuance; it was "cleanseth" yesterday, it is "cleanseth" to-day, it will be "cleanseth" tomorrow: it will be always so with you, Christian, until you cross the river; every hour you may come to this fountain, for it cleanseth still. Notice, likewise, the completeness of the cleansing, "The blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin"--not only from sin, but "from all sin." Reader, I cannot tell you the exceeding sweetness of this word, but I pray God the Holy Ghost to give you a taste of it. Manifold are our sins against God. Whether the bill be little or great, the same receipt can discharge one as the other. The blood of Jesus Christ is as blessed and divine a payment for the transgressions of blaspheming Peter as for the shortcomings of loving John; our iniquity is gone, all gone at once, and all gone for ever. Blessed completeness! What a sweet theme to dwell upon as one goes about his daily routine.

"Sins against a holy God; Sins against His righteous laws; Sins against His love, His blood; Sins against His name and cause; Sins immense as is the sea- From them all He cleanseth me."

Hey my friends. Here is this times "Words of Thought". It is taken from a Bible Study program I have. May it be a blessing unto you.

"Thou, Lord, hast made me glad through Thy work." --Psalm 92:4

Do you believe that your sins are forgiven, and that Christ has made a full atonement for them? Then what a joyful Christian you ought to be! How you should live above the common trials and troubles of the world! Since sin is forgiven, can it matter what happens to you now? Luther said, "Smite, Lord, smite, for my sin is forgiven; if Thou hast but forgiven me, smite as hard as Thou wilt"; and in a similar spirit you may say, "Send sickness, poverty, losses, crosses, persecution, what Thou wilt, Thou hast forgiven me, and my soul is glad." Christian, if thou art thus saved, whilst thou art glad, be grateful and loving. Cling to that cross which took thy sin away; serve thou Him who served thee. "I beseech you therefore, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service." Let not your zeal evaporate in some little ebullition of song. Show your love in expressive tokens. Love the brethren of Him who loved you. If there be a Mephibosheth anywhere who is lame or halt, help him for Jonathan's sake. If there be a poor tried believer, weep with him, and bear his cross for the sake of Him who wept for thee and carried thy sins. Since thou art thus forgiven freely for Christ's sake, go and tell to others the joyful news of pardoning mercy. Be not contented with this unspeakable blessing for thyself alone, but publish abroad the story of the cross. Holy gladness and holy boldness will make you a good preacher, and all the world will be a pulpit for you to preach in. Cheerful holiness is the most forcible of sermons, but the Lord must give it you. Seek it this morning before you go into the world. When it is the Lord's work in which we rejoice, we need not be afraid of being too glad.

Hey all, here is this times "Words of Thought".

"Stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord." --Exodus 14:13

These words contain God's command to the believer when he is reduced to great straits and brought into extraordinary difficulties. He cannot retreat; he cannot go forward; he is shut up on the right hand and on the left; what is he now to do? The Master's word to him is, "Stand still." It will be well for him if at such times he listens only to his Master's word, for other and evil advisers come with their suggestions. Despair whispers, "Lie down and die; give it all up." But God would have us put on a cheerful courage, and even in our worst times, rejoice in His love and faithfulness. Cowardice says, "Retreat; go back to the worldling's way of action; you cannot play the Christian's part, it is too difficult. Relinquish your principles." But, however much Satan may urge this course upon you, you cannot follow it if you are a child of God. His divine fiat has bid thee go from strength to strength, and so thou shalt, and neither death nor hell shall turn thee from thy course. What, if for a while thou art called to stand still, yet this is but to renew thy strength for some greater advance in due time. Precipitancy cries, "do something. Stir yourself; to stand still and wait, is sheer idleness." We must be doing something at once--we must do it so we think--instead of looking to the Lord, who will not only do something but will do everything. Presumption boasts, "If the sea be before you, march into it and expect a miracle." But Faith listens neither to Presumption, nor to Despair, nor to Cowardice, nor to Precipitancy, but it hears God say, "Stand still," and immovable as a rock it stands. "Stand still";--keep the posture of an upright man, ready for action, expecting further orders, cheerfully and patiently awaiting the directing voice; and it will not be long ere God shall say to you, as distinctly as Moses said it to the people of Israel, "Go forward."

Back