• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Worldwide Microsoft outage today July 19, 2024

MeganC

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Female
Turn on the news and you'll hear about this. Turn on your work computer that uses CrowdStrike and you might get to experience it!

In any case this is big news. Airlines, banks, hospitals, grocery stores, gas/petrol stations are all being impacted by this event. Every computer affected has what is called a Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) and the computer can only be recovered manually.

This will cause days and even weeks of disruptions.

Hopefully you have cash on hand because affected business can't use credit cards or debit cards for the time being.

You have no idea how annoyed I am that my work is not effected

You know...stopping to use my brain very briefly as I am on the way to sufficiently Tumblr_l_1237206184223042.jpg
Anyway, as an overt tinfoil enjoyer and prepper type. I tend to beat the prepper drum a Lot. Most people literally have no cash.
If all the bank computers and by extension ATMs and credit/debit card processing doesn't work, they are pretty boned.
Can't have your food door dashed to you...can't even *shudder* grocery shop for yourself. Can't pick up prescriptions, likely can't confirm insurance so likely no Dr appointments and no gasoline at the pumps...we could all go on and on about this idea.

Do please consider keeping a few G's on hand in a well concealed or secured location at home. You never know.

Oh...and ladies, get yourself a prepper of your very own1679008051521.jpg

You have no idea how annoyed I am that my work is not effected
So sad😟, no paid vacation for you.

Well, you can always practice business tourism. Just show on meeting where you can't contribute. With just pretending to listen, you can do doing and be paid.

Last edited:
Hopefully you have cash on hand because affected business can't use credit cards or debit cards for the time being.

Do please consider keeping a few G's on hand in a well concealed or secured location at home. You never know.
Get a bag of pre-1964 silver dimes or quarters, too. Even the Generally Dumb Public will probably figure out what they are worth with the first week..

Cause seems to be software security firm doing broken update.

Idiots, they pushed update to all at once. Proper procedure is staged release. Push to first 0.1%, check is everything Ok, push to first 1%, check is everything Ok.

And best part is system administrator allowing skipping of software update check. Well, usually only test computers see updated, checked is everything Ok, then pushed to all. Well, it's security update, no need to check.

CrowdStrike does have some interesting connections:

Was this on purpose? We need MOAR internet safety by law.

So sad😟, no paid vacation for you.

Well, you can always practice business tourism. Just show on meeting where you can't contribute. With just pretending to listen, you can do doing and be paid.
The annoying thing is that I have to squeeze in 3 more weeks in before mid October. That and I always still end up needing to respond to all texts and do admin crap while out.

Lame

Happily we are planning old fashioned family road trips. I just need to source a mid 70s era Buick Roadmaster station wagon for the full experience

Get a bag of pre-1964 silver dimes or quarters, too. Even the Generally Dumb Public will probably figure out what they are worth with the first week..
Already covered on this end.
I had to help dispose of a bit over 880lbs worth of the "junk silver" several years ago as part of an estate. I should have just paid them off and kept it all. But I am apparently kind of retarded.

Back