• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Would love to read your stories.

tori-moonlight

Female
I wanted to ask the community about their stories in pursuing plural marriage. I understand this is a personal topic, so rather, maybe someone has a good resource they can recommend where people have shared their stories in detail. My husband is very interested in studying the biblical and cultural principles of marriage and polygyny and is constantly educating me on the subject, but as a woman (and kind of a dreamer) I want to hear about the stories, and how it feels.

Men, how did you meet your wives? How did you date, and introduce the women in your family to each other? Or, women, maybe you were the first connection in bringing another person into your family. How did these conversations start? What about rejections, just like in typical dating?

I ask because my head is spinning - I have conceptually agreed with my husband to pursue plural marriage, but I'm paralyzed. I'm putting all of this anxious energy into prayer, but sometimes I just want to listen to people and their real lives. I can't imagine how such relationships would actually...start.

Last edited:
Hearing our individual and family stories is very important. You will find some scattered in various places on the Forum. You might try the Introductions page since some share more upfront. We do have the Real People's Stories section that is just getting started, maybe add your story as it unfolds more. :) I would have to say though that the best stories are heard in person at retreat. This is a major reason we have retreats! So, we can tell our own stories and embrace the stories of others, that we might build community and thus the Church one family at a time. I look forward to seeing you there one day!

Back