• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Would you like to share your story?

Kathryn

Good afternoon everyone,
My name is Kathryn Roberts and I'm new to the site. Very excited to have found it!

Truth is, I've been up to my ears in polygamy studies for months now. It sort of began as my own personal interest, but now I'm doing my thesis on it. I'm sure I've got the legal and historical part of it, but my paper needs *heart*. I would love to be able to corespond with some pro-polygamists.

I would love to hear your story - how you came into the lifestyle, how your friends and family feel about it, how you split up the chores: no detail is too mundane. Of course, I will keep your identity confidential.

If anyone's interested, I can be reached at kathrynroberts66@yahoo.com, and I thank you in advance for your time.
~Kat

Kathryn,

First of all, thanks for joining the site. I hope that you feel welcome here and that you find the answers that you are looking for.

Blessings,

Thank you to everyone who has replied so far - your insights have helped tremendously. I don't want to discourage anyone from contacting me, but I would encourage a man to share his thoughts, too. I know talking isn't fun for too many guys, but dig deep. I know you've got something to say.

I'd like to thank everyone who's come forward so far. I can honestly say that everyone who has responded has been so generous. I know you've given me a gift, and I hope it's returned to you in a better world.

Like so many singular folks, polygamists don't fit into a single box. That's why it's important to create and maintain a dialouge. Believe it or not, everyone has something in common with everyone else, and that oughta be enough.

If you happen to see this post several months into the future, don't let that stop you from contacting me. My door is always open.

Thanks

Thanks for that. However, I will echo Paul and ask for details. Please let us know if you will eventually post a copy of your thesis for us to read. I for one would like to read it. :D

Thanks and be blessed,

Ray

I would be interested to hear the personal stories of happy, successful Christian poly homes. How the conversation and journey began, the courtship process, living arrangements, etc. It's one thing to have your own ideas about something - quite another to understand how things really work. I've never watched the show "Big Love" - and I"m not so foolish as to take life counsel from Hollywood. I happen to have a great marriage to a woman I genuinely love and wouldn't dream of hurting. I also have very healthy relationships with my and her parents - all people I love and respect dearly. Both familes very solid in the faith. Are there poly families who share this background?

Back