• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Wow. Nice.

Slumberfreeze

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
I just joined today after joining two previous forums. I think this is alot closer to what I've been looking for.

I am a 30ish year old married dude with two kids and a love for the Lord. I am not seeking to marry another woman and even if I was was; I would drink bleach and test out Mark 16:18 before I looked for a female over an internet forum.

I am an INTJ and enjoy vigorous debate, and take bittersweet satisfaction in being proven wrong. My great dream is that I will find someone who will so thoroughly best me that I (like the Beast at the end of Kung-Fu hustle) must bow and call them "teacher".

I try not to be a jerk, although sometimes the way I write comes off as sharp. I am a work in progress.

I have recently (as in, this year) become aware that the bible does not teach against polygyny as such. I was sort of idlely doing a word study for category completion (in the karate sense) in 1 cor 7 and discovered that it didn't say what I though it said and what I had teaching for years. I look forward to having discussions with people that already understand the difference between heautos and idios and like me, have a desire to push their understanding further.

I believe that we ( I mean Christians) are in a confusing time where my country (USA) is rapidly changing it's ideas about sex and marriage, and that it will not serve us well to hang onto extr-biblical notions of assumed monogamy. This is a bad time, and we must stand for (among other things) sexual purity, but we must get our ideas about what that means from the Word, not from culture; be it contemporary or traditional.

What else? I look with great trepidation on what the current blood moon tetrad means for Israel and the world. I believe in the pre-tribulation rapture. I believe David Wilkerson was a prophet, and anybody not aware of his 1973 prophecy should really pay YouTube a visit. I believe that serious study of the Word is necessary, but that it is the Holy Spirit that reveals the meaning of Scripture. I deny that a person can be so Spirit led that they do not need to study, and that a person can be such a serious scholar that they do not need to solicit the Spirit for help in heartfelt prayer.

Umm... bah. That will do.

Welcome aboard! You sound like you'd fit in nicely at a retreat, keep your ears open for upcoming ones you might be able to make. This forum is a great place to discuss things - but it is nothing compared to meeting people in person and sitting up all night talking!

Good on you being willing to accept the Bible for what it actually says even when that goes against the flow.

I agree with you about the rapid change in ideas of sex and marriage. This is happening throughout the Western world, over here we now have legal gay marriage for instance. Christians as a whole have completely shot themselves in the foot in that debate by saying "traditional marriage is 1 man 1 woman", when it so obviously is not, the gay activists just point to polygamy in the Bible and they appear to win the debate. There have been a small number of us saying "Actually, traditional marriage is between man and woman, and every crazily different marriage in the past backs this up regardless of number of wives/ages/slavery/consent/legality/abuse - all still man & woman", but it's very hard to be heard through the shouts of nonsense. It is however getting a few solid Christians to look into this issue more and realise what the Bible really says, as you have done.

Welcome, SF!

Back