• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

XenForo 2.3 upgrade

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
The forum has been updated to XF 2.3, after being on 2.2 for 2.5 years. (That was mostly their delay, just came out in last few months.)

First thing you'll notice is "Conversations" is now "Direct Messages", and your Direct Messages are now searchable (when you're in DMs, the Search box will offer you a "where to search" pull down that includes Direct Messages as an option.)

A new "Trending Content" panel is further down on the right, on the main forum page.

There's also better Image handling, URL handling for external content, Spam control, performance improvements, and a bunch under the hood that we can take advantage of later.

There's a Light/Dark/System theme option to right of the 'Default XenForo' style button at the bottom, and I restored one Blue theme. If you really want another one, DM me what and I'll see if it's been updated to be 2.3 compatible.

Last edited:
I miss the white background. It's hard for me to tell which threads actually have a new activity or not because the bolded blue isn't much different than the normal blue.

I miss the white background. It's hard for me to tell which threads actually have a new activity or not because the bolded blue isn't much different than the normal blue.
For white background, scroll to the very bottom of the page and use that icon to the right of "Default XenForo", you want Light.

For white background, scroll to the very bottom of the page and use that icon to the right of "Default XenForo", you want Light.
Yeah I'm not seeing that but I found how to do it. In preferences at the very top when you select the default it then adds a new dropdown "style variation" that has light.

I don't know where either of you were referring to "theme option to right of the 'Default XenForo' style button at the bottom" it sounds like either you have some interface as admin that we don't, or you're using some app.

I had to play with the default a number of times before it finally gave me the option to use anything other than shades of gray.
Could be I’m just impatient. 😊

I don't get a white option. Being colourblind, it's darn near impossible to use in these colours.

Back