• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

You are unique...and so is she.

I never realized how insecure I was about my body! Yes I have cried over my insecurities, but I fully intend to overcome them.
I'm glad that you are wanting and trying to overcome them. It's the state of mind that is important. Remember that hubby loves you the way you are now, the way you were before, and the way you will be in the future. Whether pregnant or not, covered in wrinkles or not, overweight or skinny, he's loved you the whole way through.

We have six sons, and ZERO repetition!
4 sons here, and same thing! All of my children were born different, grow different, have different personalities. If at this age they're completely different, how much more so will they be when they are adults?
I think this is why correct communication is so important in PM, because everybody thinks differently, has different feelings and desires. It's hard enough just with the 2 of us now trying to figure out what's what sometimes since we're so different in some areas.

"She's prettier than me", "she's younger than me", "she's funnier than me", "he's more excited about her", "they will have/already have a better relationship than husband and I do".... It's endless, really.
Why is it, do you think, that when we compare it's always negative towards ourselves? We don't go, "She's uglier than me. She doesn't cook a roast as well as I do. She isn't as good as responding to the children's needs as me. She doesn't drive the car as well as I do. She doesn't look nearly as good in that dress as I do."
That sounds horrible doesn't it? It sounds mean. Yet that's exactly what we're doing to ourselves! So why is it OK to do it to ourselves? Answer: it's not!

Why is it, do you think, that when we compare it's always negative towards ourselves? We don't go, "She's uglier than me. She doesn't cook a roast as well as I do. She isn't as good as responding to the children's needs as me. She doesn't drive the car as well as I do. She doesn't look nearly as good in that dress as I do."
That sounds horrible doesn't it? It sounds mean. Yet that's exactly what we're doing to ourselves! So why is it OK to do it to ourselves? Answer: it's not!
Amen!

For me, personally, it all comes down to how I view myself. It's a problem that I've had for years. SilverFox has dealt with this with me since day 1. I have horrible self-esteem issues. Horrible insecurities. I think husband has always told me that no one thinks as less of myself as I, myself, do.
So, has this lifestyle made it worse? Probably not. Has it made me face my issues? Absolutely, it has.

I keep thinking about how I'd feel if my children felt about themselves, how I do about myself. It'd break my heart. So, as much as I hate to admit it, this polygyny thing is good for me for the fact that it's making me have to change. Change is difficult, ladies. :)

But, yes, Sarah--I would never speak about anyone else the way I speak about myself. It really doesn't make much sense when I think about it. :/

I'm terrible with it too. Samuel is forever telling me to stop being ridiculous. Apparently everyone loves me, so, that's nice :). What I've come to realise is that the things that I place value on in myself are not necessarily the right things. That means that sometimes I'm upset and poking a finger at myself for not doing something that wasn't important in the first place. And sometimes I am just who I am and I need to deal with that. That doesn't make me better or worse than anyone else, it's just me.

Back