• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A prophecy from the Holy Spirit

Wesley

☠ RESTRICTED ☠
Acts 7:41-43 NIV
41 That was the time they made an idol in the form of a calf. They brought sacrifices to it and reveled in what their own hands had made. 42 But God turned away from them and gave them over to the worship of the sun, moon and stars. This agrees with what is written in the book of the prophets:
“‘Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?
43 You have taken up the tabernacle of Molek
and the star of your god Rephan,
the idols you made to worship.
Therefore I will send you into exile’ beyond Babylon.
The men of this age complain of discrimination by the government and by feminists. They wail and complain that God established patriarchy but isn't supporting it.

Yet their plight is on their own heads not God's. God does not turn away from those who do not turn away from Him. By the mercy of Christ our loving Father is waiting to welcome his errant sons back into His grace.

We, as men, must turn back to Him however before that can happen.

What do I mean when I say that men have turned away from Him? Don't they claim to be Christian?

Yes, they do. The honor God with their lips but their hearts are far from Him. (Matthew 15:7-9 and Mark 7:6-7)

1 Peter 3:7 ESV
7 Likewise, husbands, live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as the weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered.

This does not say 'unless they are disobedient.' There are no exceptions to this rule. We are to be gentle and forgiving with our wives.

Matthew 6:15 NIV
15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

There is no exception there that says 'unless your wife is disobedient.' Once again there are no exceptions to this rule.

Wives are to submit to their husbands but the word 'submit' is a verb not a noun. 'Submit' is something a woman does rather than something that is done to her.

James 2:16 NIV
16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?

We have turned a blind eye to women's physical need for their safety, especially in their own homes, for far too long. We have offered words of sympathy but no solutions to women who are battered by their husbands. We have become like the dogs in the Parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus. (Luke 16:19-31) We sympathize (lick their wounds in the parable) but we do nothing to heal them and many so-called men growl and bark when they try to do something to heal themselves.

It is time to realize the reality of Christ's words...

Matthew 7:21-23 NIV
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

And...

Matthew 25:45 NIV
“He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

Spouse abuse will never go away but we must act rather than just whine about it. It is time, and past time, to do something about it and assist spouse abuse victims, especially women, in escaping from the Hell that is an abusive spouse. We cannot turn a blind eye to their plight but expect God not to turn a blind eye to ours.

A person is allowed to leave a husband or wife who neglects or abuses them. (Exodus 21:10-11, 1 Corinthians 3-5 & 15, 1 Timothy 5:8) It is time for us to act and assist them in doing so.

It is time to stop saying "keep warm and well fed" (James 2:16 NIV) and do something about their physical needs.

The majority of this has been aimed at men but women too need to be aware of the abuse of men by other women and help the men in dealing with it. Abuse is wrong regardless of who does it to whom. What good does it do you if you only help other women? (Matthew 5:47-48)

Back