• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Divorced and remarried???!!!

sharonr

This is a topic that has so many different sayings. Now what does the bible say about this.

Paul says a few things

1 Cor. 7:39 A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

1Cor. 7:1 10-11 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband.
11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

This is from Christ in Mathhew 5:31-32 Furthermore it has been said, " Whoever divorces his wife, let him give her a certificate of divorce."
32 But I say to you that whoever divorces his wife for any reason except sexual immorality causes her to commit adultery, and whoever marries a woman who is divorced commits adultery.

Now 1 cor. 32 this does not apply to the men whose women leave them and give them a divorce, she is commiting adultery,
1 cor. 7: 15 if the unbeliever departs, let him depart; a brother or a sister in sont under bondage in such cases.

As you can see the divorced women is to remain unmarried.
One more thing when a man commits adultery it is unto God, not unto that women. Sorry if I said it choppy. Lets try again, the husband commits adultery against God if he has sex with another women out of wedlock, or if he leaves and divorces his wife for another women. Because polygamy is lawful and right, he should be married 1 Cor 7:1-2 Now concerning the things which you wrote to me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman. 2 Neverhteless, beause of sexual immorality, let each man have his own wife, and let each woman have her own husband.
And as nature shows, women tend to stay and deal with the man when he has sex with another women out of wedlock, but it is still wrong, and it's adultury against the Father. And also the bible says Flee sexual immorality.

Now concerining David in the old testament, His wives did all stay with him, and he commited adultury. He took Bathsheeba to be his wife and killed the husband. But as you can see it is not lawful for a women to divorce her husband because of adultury, she should take pracaution, WOW, maybe men wouldnt dare to this if polygamy was allowed, and accepted by more women, because of sexual immorality let each man have his own wife. Not for sex pleausres of course but you know what I'm trying to say. Bathsheeeba was beautiful to David and he already had wives, so this was not right b/c he killed a man and slept with another man wife.

Thall shall not covet another's man's wife, one of the commandments.

Mark 10:11 Whoever divorces his wife and marries another commmits adultery against her
12 And if a woman divorces her husband and mairries another, she commits adultery.

Nature teaches us so much, it's naturual for a man to like a womens appearance, and naturual for men to not want to see their wife with another man, or else he can divorce her because of adultury, her having sex with another man breaks the covenant.

God did allow Hosea to marry a harlot, to express his love for his people.
And God did forgive the women who committed adultury, but God gave us rules to follow.
[/color]

there have been a number of very good threads that have discussed all of this in the past.
it makes for enlightening reading.

i'm having trouble finding 'the other threads' ... can someone please point the way? or maybe i should just start a topic with my own questions?
thankyou

impossible said:
i'm having trouble finding 'the other threads' ... can someone please point the way? or maybe i should just start a topic with my own questions?
that's impossible :P

Actually, I'd recommend going straight to the best resource on this topic we have.

Resources | Books and Links | Bill Luck's book book in electronic form on Divorce & Remarriage in the Bible. It's a ways down the page.

Back