• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Getting "married" to a non-US citizen

There is no way to structure a relationship that will keep the government from inserting itself into it if it so chooses. Congratulations though, she’s a lovely woman and we have no doubt that you will be very happy.

You CAN, however, avoid the most obvious traps, which "double-dog DARE'em" to invade.

That was only an obvious trap. There are many others. So, maybe YOU can't/didn't avoid those.
Let’s not do this. Sovereign citizen is an appealing but ultimately false idea on both fronts. The government can’t claim your soul if they trick you into saying a phrase and you can’t escape their clutches with a legal ad.

"Sovereign citizen" is another trap, screaming, "please come hurt me."

I never mentioned it, for that obvious reason. But you toss it in as if it was what I advocate, which you are in fact basically clueless about.

So - correct on one score: I won't do it with you, because you don't listen anyway.

If commies succed in US color revolution, US will be among worst possible places.
Which ones are the "Commies?"
The ones on the Left who cheer for Lenin, who used to fly the Soviet flag...
or the ones on the Right who cheer for Putin whose troops still do fly the Soviet flag?

when things go south in the world the rural USA will be one of the better places to live despite its flaws.
I have never visited rural USA, only met some of its people online. But my Husband is from there, and I have to wonder if this is true. I never met anyone who thought the Earth was flat, except from rural USA. And in Rural USA, people who believe this, teach their children at home with no school. And these children grow up believing "Bible says Earth is flat, anyone who says differently is a pawn of Soros and they will go to Hell," and they learn to shoot before they learn to add, because they think "holy war" is coming. I have never been to rural USA but I lived in Uzbekistan for four years as a child, and I am a little afraid to come to USA because this sounds the same as Uzbekistan to me. That does not sound like a Christian place. It sounds like a place that badly needs missionaries to tame its Heathen ways and bring them into subjection to Christ. :confused:
You need to determine if she’s truly committed to you for life, no matter what. We can’t answer that for you.
This. So much, this. I know how your bride feels, because I am in Europe (in the Netherlands actually, though that is not my home) while my Husband tries to process the visa. But yes, if she is not 100% committed, then you will spend much time and many headaches for nothing.

That does not sound like a Christian place. It sounds like a place that badly needs missionaries to tame its Heathen ways and bring them into subjection to Christ. :confused:
You are correct, it's not a Christian place. It's just as much "the world" as any other place, but you may discover some Christians there. However, no matter where we live, and I don't live in the USA either, we ought to be pointing people to the One who Himself is the way, the truth, and the life. He is the only hope the people of this world can have. Shalom

@His_Sofochka, the USA is no longer a Christian country, that's not what I'm talking about. My point is that if the world descends into another global war, the best places to be will be places that are large enough for you to find a place to hide out, where there are at least some other sensible people you can team up with, and where food can be grown. Rural USA is one such place.

I have never visited rural USA, only met some of its people online. But my Husband is from there, and I have to wonder if this is true. I never met anyone who thought the Earth was flat, except from rural USA. And in Rural USA, people who believe this, teach their children at home with no school. And these children grow up believing "Bible says Earth is flat, anyone who says differently is a pawn of Soros and they will go to Hell," and they learn to shoot before they learn to add, because they think "holy war" is coming. I have never been to rural USA but I lived in Uzbekistan for four years as a child, and I am a little afraid to come to USA because this sounds the same as Uzbekistan to me. That does not sound like a Christian place. It sounds like a place that badly needs missionaries to tame its Heathen ways and bring them into subjection to Christ. :confused:
I've almost always lived in rural USA, I've never met one of these people who think the earth is flat where I've lived. Met plenty of them in urban cities who were taught in government edukation camps. I was homeschooled, and so are my sons. The most intelligent and best critical thinkers I've ever known have been home schooled.

So don't be afraid, rural USA has problems just like everywhere else. I've traveled abroad, humans are the same everywhere. Most people who live close to nature, farmers, shepherds, and gardeners are level headed and good people. The most tolerant and peaceful people I've ever known are rural.

I think you've made a wise decision to come here! It's a very intimidating thing to move to a different country I'm sure. But take heart! You will find that especially in the south, you will likely never meet more friendly and welcoming people.

Welcome to the forum! And I hope to get to meet you and your new husband one day at a retreat!

Last edited:
Which ones are the "Commies?"
The ones on the Left who cheer for Lenin, who used to fly the Soviet flag...
or the ones on the Right who cheer for Putin whose troops still do fly the Soviet flag?
None of mentioned people. They have changed skin and justification, but heart is same.

Back