• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Help Needed

Cowgirl@heart

I am generally a lurker here and often not much of that. Time constraints, children, household responsibilities and the rest, as I am sure many of you have as well, often take away my time to be online.

However, I am hoping this is the correct place to post my situation. Our family has been thrilled to find out that I am expecting our next child. However, because of many circumstances I am considered "high risk" pregnancy. I know that the Lord is faithful in all situations and I know he has always provided for our needs! We are seeking the Lord's guidance in finding a person who can live with us as a part time companion, nanny/household helper. My doctor has asked that we find a way to have another adult to be with me when DH has to be away. We do have an extra room, full bath etc for such a person to fit comfortably into our home.

While we are supportive of Biblical Families and my husband feels called of the Lord to have a large family for the Lord, our family has not yet been blessed with another wife. Our extended family, because of our differing religious and educational views, have nothing to do with us and I do not have a family member who can help out in this situation at all.

I am posting here to get your advice and opinions on this situation.
1. have you ever experienced something similar
2. do you have any suggestions on finding a christian lady who would be willing to work with us part time in exchange for room,board and a small stipend?

Have you checked your local churches? Does your city or town have a nanny service? You could try area Christian colleges or schools. You can do background checks for close to nothing and they are easy to do.

You could always run an ad. Or, talk to your local Catholic center (who help women get on their feet). Or, pray that God send you a soul that desires His calling for your family!

If I was available to help I so would offer the help. I pray that you find someone very soon and as a former nanny I might have some connections if you would pm me and see if any of the girls I worked with before would be willing to help.

Back