• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Little Online Help Please

Courting4Life

Real Person
Makes perfect sense, and your apparent consideration will be greatly appreciated should there be a match. Keep in mind that at first, despite what the profile says, you know NOTHING about them or they you! Therefore, while it seems a good match to you, there may be something unappealing about your profile, wording etc... and so you may not get a response. That equates to "No thank you sir, but your inquiry was fascinating". Yes, there are scammers, and yes, there are liars that say they want the "x" guy but are fishing for a "y" guy that likes girls who like "x" guys. I think that internet dating and internet relationship terms are truly misleading. You aren't dating. You have no relationship. At least not until experiences are had, video chats are shared, meetings occur etc... and even then, until you meet the parents, family, friends you may well be in love with an idea that you hope to be true but don't yet know who someone is.

I am amazed at how surprising people are. I met my wife at a bible college, had mutual friends, and we despised one another the first semester we were there. Didn't like what we heard about or imagined to be true about one another. Over time we had our own firsthand experiences. Each of us thought we did very well at not letting the aggravating one (she'd say me, I'd say her) get under our skin. By the third semester we were good friends, and engaged by the fourth. If you'd like the greatest opportunity for relationships, reach out to a broader group of ladies. Be courteous. Come to know those that will do you the honor of allowing it. Then, knowing them, you may love them for who they truly are... so much more than a profile.

Internet dating has its own etiquette, greatly varying speeds of development, and should be recognized as the equivalent of walking through a mall and trying to strike up a conversation with ladies in passing. Match your expectations to that.

Back