• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Modern Day School of Shammai Divorce Position Has Cruel Outcomes

A

Anonymous

The Modern Day School of Shammai (as taught by some modern day Christians) teaches that a man may only divorce his woman for a serious sexual transgression. They vary on the definition of serious sexual transgression. Although they claim this is loving, it is just the opposite. It places men who divorce their wives on trial. Did you divorce her for just cause? It gives no regard for the children because of the nature of this catch 22. "You have a bad daddy, he divorced your mommy for no reason." or "You have a bad mommy, your daddy divorced her because she committed a sexual sin." The noive of these people, I tell ya, the noive.

Note: In Arizona it is contempt of court with up to six months in jail for allowing your child to be exposed to anyone who is saying something bad about them. There is a course that all divorcing parents must take, no opting out, where they are taught in no uncertain terms that this is not done.

The logic of true kindness is lost on those who worship women. In the end, they harm men, women, and the children of divorce.

Matthew 1:19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily.

Hmm, seems dat dare School of Shammai wadn't too popular with Joe, there. That Joe, he was an alright guy.

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

You're kiddin me, so the School of Shammai considers all men rapists! Wow, ain't that somethin. That there fella that raped the virgin, if she commits adultery he can't divorce her but he can have her stoned so modern day School of Shammai folks have pretty much legalized virgin rape, yep, you ain't gettin no penalty. You can't divorce her whether you raped her or not.

Oh yeah, and dem feminists, they must be pretty happy. All men are rapists. They can now go home happy... well, I guess they ain't never happy but you gets what I mean.

Hold on let me check the top to make sure I'm not in the Hebrew roots section. *looks up*

ok good.

Wherefore are we calling this doctrine Shammai's, given that I've never heard of a guy by this name, and every single christian that I know that has ever taught about divorce has referenced Jesus, not some rabbi?

"But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, brings adultery upon her. And he who marries a divorced woman commits adultery."

- Jesus of Nazareth and 100% not Shammai

Tell me how the doctrine of Shammai differs from the doctrine of Jesus before trying to incite me to disbelieve in it as truth.

Back