• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Noahide laws - a dangerous deception

FollowingHim

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Over the last two years, people have begun to mention the Noahide laws on here. These supposed laws originate in the Talmud, and do not appear in the Bible. They appear initially harmless - but are extremely dangerous.

The seven laws themselves were written by Rambam (famous rabbi). He claimed to be recording something that was much older, but there is no previous record of them in this form. They actually contradict the much older book of Jubilees, found at Qumran so of reliable antiquity, that records a different set of laws as being given to Noah. But the new laws that Rambam claimed were given to Noah are:
  1. Not to worship idols.
  2. Not to curse God.
  3. To establish courts of justice.
  4. Not to commit murder.
  5. Not to commit adultery, bestiality, or sexual immorality.
  6. Not to steal.
  7. Not to eat flesh torn from a living animal.
These all sound fairly harmless on the surface. The problem is that this isn't the entire picture. Being written by the rabbis, they are also added to (some say there are 30 laws, others that they are seven categories containing hundreds of laws) and interpreted by the rabbis, and the interpretation is highly problematic. And the penalty for disobeying these laws is death by beheading.

Very critically, the idea that Jesus / Yeshua is God is considered idolatry. So, according to Talmud, Christianity is forbidden under the first Noahide law. And idolatry is punishable by death, so Christianity is punishable by death. This is serious. This is the deeper truth. Lots of talmud references here.

The deeper implications are also very concerning for the Hebrew Roots community. Note that the Noahide laws do not include the Sabbath. The Talmud prohibits the teaching of Torah to gentiles. Also, it prohibits gentiles from observing Sabbath. Torah and Sabbath are considered to be given to Israel alone (and obviously only the Jews are recognised by them as Israel). This means the entire Hebrew Roots movement is forbidden under the Talmud, and the Noahide laws.

There are strong similarities between the implications of Noahide laws and the implications of Sharia - but the major difference is that Sharia is openly opposed by most Christians, while Noahide laws are sneaking in to the secular law of Western countries through the back door. So in the long run they may pose a greater danger.

There is a serious difference between true Judaism, those Jews who follow Torah and simply have not yet accepted Messiah, and Talmudic Judaism, that accepts all these additional writings including the Noahide laws. What I am saying here is not anti-Jewish or anti-Messianic. It is a warning against a very serious deception instigated by a part of the Jewish community - just as there are some groups of Christians that have problematic views also.

If you have been drawn into this issue, you should take 2 hours to watch this comprehensive discussion to see what's really going on.
Follow "Israeli News Live" on Youtube for continued discussion on this issue. Steven Ben-Nun and his wife are well worth listening to on matters relating to Israel and Judaism - Steven is a Jewish believer in Yeshua who has been growing in his understanding over the years and has a unique perspective. But note that this particular video is not on their channel - they have been receiving so much persecution for revealing this that they've had to pull many Noahide videos off YouTube, this one has been shared by a different ministry. This information is being heavily suppressed.

Also, for a more general exposition of what the Talmud actually says about Christians and even non-Talmudic Jews, watch this eye-opening episode of TruNews (cannot embed this one, click the link). Discussion starts 32 minutes in, after the news headlines. The discussion was prompted by a very prominant Jewish Rabbi suggesting that God could have burnt down Notre Dame as divine retribution for a burning of Talmudic literature that occurred there 800 years ago - and stated that Christianity was the number 1 enemy of Jews throughout history. TruNews goes into what actually went on in Paris back then (the 1240 disputation of Paris) - a deep investigation into the true teachings of the Talmud, resulting in a trial, and the formal decision to ban the Talmud for blasphemy and inciting violence against Christians. Very interesting details of talmudic teachings and the beliefs of prominent, present-day talmudic Jews are revealed that are important for any Christian to know.

Edit: The above video has disappeared from youtube. Here is another from the same people discussing this issue - I have not watched this one but it will no doubt cover the same material.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting with a clear statement. Indeed, the Noahide deception is coming and will be very dangerous for Hebrew roots, Christians and Messianic Jews. I believe it will be one of the tools used by the antimessiah against 'those who have the testimony of Yeshua and keep the commandments of God.'

Yes thank you Samuel.

I believe ideas like the noahide laws are meant to create animosity between believers. It creates mistrust becuase somewhere along the line somebody is creating something that someone is better than someone else and some people don't like it.

It is good to see that we all see it for what it is.

It is good to see that we all see it for what it is.
If that were the case I would have seen no need to raise the issue.

Most Christians, including on this forum, are either unaware of these laws or see them as a good thing because they sound ok on the surface. Past mentions of the Noahide laws on this forum are mostly neutral - some posters refer to them as historical fact, others have said they're irrelevant but not elaborated. None have issued any strong warning against them (Edit: Correction, @ZecAustin said they were a scam once, so he beat me to it). I've raised this issue because I believe it is important to warn people about, but I would not in any way conclude from the first few responses that there is universal agreement on this. This could be an interesting discussion...

Last edited:
That's why they're so risky. They have the potential to penetrate areas that Sharia never could. They have the potential to form part of an end-time deception so convincing that it would almost lead astray the elect.
The (very) mainstream source I heard it from comsidered it to be the one world religion. It is only here that I have seen it considered positively.
You know that for me if It's not written in the Bible than it's not a thing.

I believe ideas like the noahide laws are meant to create animosity between believers. It creates mistrust becuase somewhere along the line somebody is creating something that someone is better than someone else and some people don't like it.
All of the prophets said repent and return to God's ways.

Noahide laws are the exact opposite. They say, God's ways (Torah, including most basic things we agree on) is only for the Jews. Everyone else keep out.

This isn't about creating division and mistrust, this is about barring the way to God and hiding His Word under an ethnic bushel. Make no mistake, this is part of the great deception. Keeping Shabbat, studying Torah or believing Yeshua is God in the flesh will earn you a tribunal and decapitation. ..

I will say that I never even heard of them until about a month ago on this forum and I have not done any studies about them. So I look forward to the discussion here and will be checking out the resources presented...

Samuel, thank you for starting this thread. It is concise and spot on. The Noahide laws may very well be a major stumbling block for many, many believers.

If that were the case I would have seen no need to raise the issue.

Most Christians, including on this forum, are either unaware of these laws or see them as a good thing because they sound ok on the surface. Past mentions of the Noahide laws on this forum are mostly neutral - some posters refer to them as historical fact, others have said they're irrelevant but not elaborated. None have issued any strong warning against them (Edit: Correction, @ZecAustin said they were a scam once, so he beat me to it). I've raised this issue because I believe it is important to warn people about, but I would not in any way conclude from the first few responses that there is universal agreement on this. This could be an interesting discussion...

I have seen several discussions on this forum about noahide and I have never gotten the idea from any of that that was an accept veiew of the Law. But nevertheless it's s great thing to talk about. Might even be a place that the two sides, grace and law can come together, besides polygamy here.

I hope It showed in my last post about it that my stance from the first time I brought it up to the last time have change.

Without knowing how they are interpreted, they seemed like a reasonable starting point.

I also don't have time to watch, and have only been popping in and out lately, but I was aware of their "divisive" implications. The very first time I was introduced to them was in the context of "these are for Gentiles and Torah is for Jews...non Jews shouldn't even consider being taught Torah..." sort of thing.

As to their veracity and age, I can't say for sure. However, it is my view that God didn't just magically reveal all of righteousness and morality on Mt. Sinai. It was mostly codified there and distilled specifically for a called out nation to show its uniqueness amongst the heathens.

As to the implementation and interpretation of Noahide now, I'm not well versed enough. Is it naive of me to think that God fearers prior to Sinai would have had some basic rules for Godly living prior? Are they all that unreasonable prior to Messiah?

Back