• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Planning a wedding

JustCass

I know it has been awhile since I posted .I apologize there is just so much readng to do here :) . My wonderful husband has been courting a fabulous lady for sometime and I think I hear those wedding bels in the distance.

Here is the low down. My Husband would like the covenant officiated by a Pastor. We will be having a small family ceremony on the beach in California. I am super nervous about it because I have no idea how to pull that one off for one. And another I want it to be as special and beautiful as my wedding was 13 years ago lol. HELP!

Next issue, My husband would like all of us to have matching wedding bands. That would mean I would have to give up my wedding set :? so I'm really not sure. I appreciate the sentiment and the bands are beautiful but I'm just not sure what do you think?

Thank you for all of your insight you will never know how much this sight has helped me through everything.

God's blessings
Cass

My wives have unique rings each roughly equivalent in value for obvious reasons...

Hey Scarecrow,

When did you become a miss? :lol:

Just messin with ya bro

Oh Dr. Allen, I can't tell you the amount of times I have done that, I tend to check for unread posts and sometimes don't pay attention to where they are posted.

Hello JustCass,

I agree with you, it is a nice sentiment, but I don't think you should have to, the thing is, your husbands married to her is hers, she has something to represent that, your marriage is also unique. I think it is fine to have matching rings if you are in a relationship that you consider to be totally new, but in your case, I think it is proper and fitting that you continue with the set of rings that have sentimental value to yourself.

Good Luck,
B

I would like to keep my wedding set as well. Could you add this band to your set, the same way women add anniversary bangs? Or could you wear the second band on another finger or hand?

I firmly believe that each relationship is different and individual. I don't think that either wife should have to match the other.

SweetLissa

: ) I look for "Active Topics"...I try to be careful, but messed up this time...I read your post about me becoming a miss and wondered "What is he talking about?" then I saw Isabella's response and figured it out...oops...but my avatar is a "miss" does that count for anything?

lol..... :lol:

I dunno know, it might qualify, at least in this day and age :shock:

I like the idea of adding it to my current set hopefully I have enough room on my short fingers but I may just wear it on my other hand.

So anyone want to officiate? Or can you give me some names of pastors in California that are poly friendly ?

Honestly, I love the idea of matching bands because for me I feel that even though my hubby and First Wife have a marriage together that I am a part of that to an extent just as she is a part of mine and his and matching bands to me feel like a unique bond that the three of us would have. I know I am rambling but I would feel odd if my "band" looked different than hers.

I think that was my Husbands point. Plus the sentiment engraved on the rings hubby has in mind is beautiful. So I guess i will wait and see what happens next LOL :) always an adventure.

Back