• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Problem with potential FIL

patriarch777

Male
Several months back, I met a wonderful women through a friend and his wife. I started courted her and asked her father for permission to marry. However, he refuses to let me marry my beloved unless I also marry my beloved’s older sister as well. What can I do? How do I convince him to say yes without conditions? My beloved wants to marry with her dad’s permission & blessing. However, I already have 2 wives & I can only afford to have one more at the momen

The what?

Several months back, I met a wonderful women through a friend and his wife. I started courted her and asked her father for permission to marry. However, he refuses to let me marry my beloved unless I also marry my beloved’s older sister as well. What can I do? How do I convince him to say yes without conditions? My beloved wants to marry with her dad’s permission & blessing. However, I already have 2 wives & I can only afford to have one more at the momen
i think I’d have to say marry them both unless there is a reason you don’t want to take the sister. Good wives are more precious than money. Don’t be silly and refuse a good thing! :)

You're the patriarch, maybe you can share some of the biblical reasons you came up with and we can provide witness to them if they are biblical.

A man willing to bless you with two of his daughters? I’m down! I’ll PM you my contact info so you can pass it along to him. :D

Last edited:
This reminds me muchly of the kind of stories I used to hear from a guy my mom was friends with. Turns out his stories had nothing to do with reality. (He built castles in the sky and moved in) They were a result of untreated PTSD.
Your described scenario could be true....since truth can be stranger then fiction, but as you did not mention belonging to a group like the eglasias de christos, I highly doubt you really have such a problem in the us of a.

If her family is on board with polygamy, #1, our movement is growing so big, it is on the verger of reaching a tipping point. and #2 yopuwon't have as many problems in your marriage as most people involved in poly encounter.

Back