• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Should a Muslim Father have the right to take his Christian daughter from her husband?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel DeLuca

Seasoned Member
Real Person
Male
Placeholder for derailed thread that shall presently go unspecified.

... and my answer is an emphatic "NO"!

I should point out that I have one extremely successful marriage and one hideous marriage. In the successful marriage I got the father’s permission and in the hideous one I didn’t.

I’m not saying you shouldn’t get a father’s permission to marry a woman, I think you should, but I didn’t see where it’s a direct command or that such a marriage would be invalid or lesser.

I don’t have time right now, but I’m a bit surprised, Zec.

Placeholder for derailed thread that shall presently go unspecified.
@Daniel DeLuca, this post makes no sense whatsoever. I assume you're meaning that text is a placeholder, and you intend to edit it with content once you decide what you intend to say. If so, that's a very weird way to start a conversation.

This could be a perfectly reasonable discussion to have, but this is not a very productive way to begin it. If you want to have this discussion, please formulate your thoughts properly and post them in a new thread, with a first post that actually outlines your take on the topic. I'll lock this one now to force a fresh beginning on constructive lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back