• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Single parenting and relationships

Mikki G.

Female
Ok so bare with me as I write this because I have a lot on my mind about this subject. So as of March 27, 2020 I became a single mom of my newborn son Lane. He is the absolute light of my life. He means more to me than I can express. Now with that being said I am having issues thinking about our future. Specially when it comes to getting back into the dating game. Now I’m 33 so I am an older mom. My concern is that if I was to get back into dating that I wouldn’t be what a man is looking for these days. I mean I have a newborn baby and I am having a hard time seeing myself as worth the time because it isn’t just me anymore. It’s me and my son. And he is my priority. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t make my relationship a priority but my son is my main one. How do I shift the way I am thinking because I know that God has someone out there for me. But I’m having issues with thinking that I’m enough specially since both me and my son Lane are a package deal.

Ok so bare with me as I write this because I have a lot on my mind about this subject. So as of March 27, 2020 I became a single mom of my newborn son Lane. He is the absolute light of my life. He means more to me than I can express. Now with that being said I am having issues thinking about our future. Specially when it comes to getting back into the dating game. Now I’m 33 so I am an older mom. My concern is that if I was to get back into dating that I wouldn’t be what a man is looking for these days. I mean I have a newborn baby and I am having a hard time seeing myself as worth the time because it isn’t just me anymore. It’s me and my son. And he is my priority. I’m not saying that I wouldn’t make my relationship a priority but my son is my main one. How do I shift the way I am thinking because I know that God has someone out there for me. But I’m having issues with thinking that I’m enough specially since both me and my son Lane are a package deal.

First may I challenge you to believing You Are Enough! and I am going to tell you.... You Are Enough!! What a blessing you and your son could be to a man or family. 33 is young. you have been on this journey for a while and you have seen some changes since coming to the understanding that Pologyny is Biblical and from what I remember reading, this has a tumultuous time in your life for relationships. I can relate to you being a single mom and wondering when the right one will come. I encourage you to focus on your relationship with God and raising your son and becoming the kind of woman who will attract the kind of man you want. Many of us believe we are ready but what I have come to understand is I havent been and I too, am working on being the kind of woman that will attract the man of my prayers.
So here are some helpful tips you can consider and maybe write down your desires and put it in a safe place. Somewhere you will see it, reflect on it but not so public that it opens the door for others to pick apart or criticize. This is between you and God (Yahweh)

Who Is He:
What does His relationship with God Look like? is he a leader in the church, does he go to church? does he really get into praise and worship or does he stand with his hands to his side. Does he lead in prayer or does he keep his prayers to himself? Does he pray with you all the time or just when things are tough? Does he read his Bible or does he keep it on the table? Think about as many of the qualities you want to see in him Spiritually and Write them Down!

What kind of man is he? is he quiet? Loud, or a jokster or quiet? is he someone his friends and family respect his opinions, money management skills or his quiet demeanor? or does he have a relationship with his family at all? Is he from a big or small family?

What does he do for a living? is he a business man? Farmer? in the military? How much money does he make? Does that matter to you? Does he own his house or rent?

What is his relationship with his mom? What is his relationship with his wife or exwife? Was he ever married before? Does he have children? Is he active with his kids, does he pay child support and take care of them beyond the financial needs?

These are all questions you should think about and Pray about. Phillipians 4:6-9 {paraphrasing} Tells us to not worry about anything, go to Him and pray for the things you desire and then thank and praise Him for those things. In doing that you will receive His peace and it will exceed anything you have understood. His peace will guard your heart and mind. focus on all that is pure, right, lovely and admirable and then praise HIM for those things. Put all you have learned from Him into practice and
He will fill you with Peace.

Also read Proverbs 3:3, Proverbs 7:3 Deuteronomy 11:18

I hope this helps, Blessings and Shalom
Patricia

First may I challenge you to believing You Are Enough! and I am going to tell you.... You Are Enough!! What a blessing you and your son could be to a man or family. 33 is young. you have been on this journey for a while and you have seen some changes since coming to the understanding that Pologyny is Biblical and from what I remember reading, this has a tumultuous time in your life for relationships. I can relate to you being a single mom and wondering when the right one will come. I encourage you to focus on your relationship with God and raising your son and becoming the kind of woman who will attract the kind of man you want. Many of us believe we are ready but what I have come to understand is I havent been and I too, am working on being the kind of woman that will attract the man of my prayers.
So here are some helpful tips you can consider and maybe write down your desires and put it in a safe place. Somewhere you will see it, reflect on it but not so public that it opens the door for others to pick apart or criticize. This is between you and God (Yahweh)

Who Is He:
What does His relationship with God Look like? is he a leader in the church, does he go to church? does he really get into praise and worship or does he stand with his hands to his side. Does he lead in prayer or does he keep his prayers to himself? Does he pray with you all the time or just when things are tough? Does he read his Bible or does he keep it on the table? Think about as many of the qualities you want to see in him Spiritually and Write them Down!

What kind of man is he? is he quiet? Loud, or a jokster or quiet? is he someone his friends and family respect his opinions, money management skills or his quiet demeanor? or does he have a relationship with his family at all? Is he from a big or small family?

What does he do for a living? is he a business man? Farmer? in the military? How much money does he make? Does that matter to you? Does he own his house or rent?

What is his relationship with his mom? What is his relationship with his wife or exwife? Was he ever married before? Does he have children? Is he active with his kids, does he pay child support and take care of them beyond the financial needs?

These are all questions you should think about and Pray about. Phillipians 4:6-9 {paraphrasing} Tells us to not worry about anything, go to Him and pray for the things you desire and then thank and praise Him for those things. In doing that you will receive His peace and it will exceed anything you have understood. His peace will guard your heart and mind. focus on all that is pure, right, lovely and admirable and then praise HIM for those things. Put all you have learned from Him into practice and
He will fill you with Peace.

Also read Proverbs 3:3, Proverbs 7:3 Deuteronomy 11:18

I hope this helps, Blessings and Shalom
Patricia
Oh my gosh thank u so much for your kind and encouraging words. I absolutely love what you said. And I can definitely tell that it is what I needed to read. You have given me pointers that I didn't even consider in my future husband. So thank you so much.

Back