• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Submit

sharonr said:
DaPastor
The husband DOES NOT REPLACE CHRIST, anymore than the POPE replaces Christ. The husband is nothing more than a delegate that operates under delegated authority. His authority is limited to what the Bible advocates - period!

Well why does the bible say if you have questions ask your husband, why doesn't it say figure it our yourself. He's the head we go to. And God is the ultimate one directing everything, as I submit to my husband I'm submitting to Christ, Christ is the one who saves me but he gave me a husband to purify me, without spot or blemish. Single ladies are purified from Christ alone, and other people may help and guide her as well but married women, Christ is purifying us through our husbands. Our husbands are a tool God uses to purify.

1. Yes, the Bible does say ask questions of your husband (but that does not replace God's Holy Word)
2. Yes, your husband is given to purify you (but that doesn't mean that he is always purifying you)
3. Breaking the first commandment by putting your husband above God is sin!!!

Da Pastor says:
Scripture says: OBEY them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

THE PASTOR DOES NOT RULE OVER ME, my husband does. The scripture says that the husband rules over the wife. If we were to go to church and my husband was not feeling what the Pastor was saying, we would not do it. Everything the Pastor says is not true. We are all at different growth rates, and knowledge, and wisdom. The church dont rule over no one, Christ is the ultimate ruler.

sharonr said:
Genesis 12:11-13 And it came to pass, when he was close to entering Egypt, that he said to Sarai his wife, “Indeed I know that you are a woman of beautiful countenance.
12 Therefore it will happen, when the Egyptians see you, that they will say, ‘This is his wife’; and they will kill me, but they will let you live.
13 Please say you are my sister, that it may be well with me for your sake, and that I may live because of you.”

Genisis 12:15-17
The princes of Pharaoh also saw her and commended her to Pharaoh. And the woman was taken to Pharaoh’s house.
16 He treated Abram well for her sake. He had sheep, oxen, male donkeys, male and female servants, female donkeys, and camels.

17 But the Lord plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai, Abram’s wife.

God plagued Pharoah for taking her

Now Abimelech the king, tried Sara as well because of her beauty in Genisis 20

Come to find out Abraham was not lying in this matter about Sara being his sister, he just went around it and did not say directly she is my wife.
Genesis 20:12 But indeed she is truly my sister. She is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

In Genesis 26:1 Rebeka and Issac had to deal with the matter as well.
And the men of the place asked about his wife. And he said, “She is my sister”; for he was afraid to say, “She is my wife,” because he thought, “lest the men of the place kill me for Rebekah, because she is beautiful to behold.”

Genesis 26:9 Then Abimelech called Isaac and said, “Quite obviously she is your wife; so how could you say, ‘She is my sister’?”

Isaac said to him, “Because I said, ‘Lest I die on account of her.’”

Later the matter got dealt with
Genesis 26:11
So Abimelech charged all his people, saying, “He who touches this man or his wife shall surely be put to death.”

This story does not teach us that God condoned Sarah's behavior here. Description is not necessarily Prescription.

sharonr said:
Da Pastor says:
Scripture says: OBEY them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

THE PASTOR DOES NOT RULE OVER ME, my husband does. The scripture says that the husband rules over the wife. If we were to go to church and my husband was not feeling what the Pastor was saying, we would not do it. Everything the Pastor says is not true. We are all at different growth rates, and knowledge, and wisdom. The church dont rule over no one, Christ is the ultimate ruler.

Does your husband OBEY the pastor? Based upon your teaching - He must totally OBEY his pastor based upon this passage: Hebrews 13:17

Everything your husband says is not true either.

Christ is the ultimate leader, but if one is not obeying his pastor, he is disregarding Scripture

Da Pastor
I am know way putting my husband over God, if he told me something that was false, God will correct him, and my husband will correct me, how will I be accountable for something I learned from the head he has giving me. God always goes to the man first, then the husband goes to the women to correct her. Wisdom comes from my husband, which is from God to lead, if its wrong how can I be reprimanded for what I did not know, I was only following what I was taught from the man God has giving me. So why would God hold me accountable for something I did not know.

sharonr said:
This is from my husband:

A husband and wife relationship cannot be compared to the government or anything else, because a man and wife represent the Church. Because the man is not fully perfected in his walk, and growth process, the wife should follow the husband because the man is the head and leader. That's why a wife should not judge things because women are easily deceived and if a man do make a bad decision, God will correct him and lead him on the right path, and her husband will correct her as well and bring her on the right path path with him. So as Christ leads the man, the man leads the women.

If one studies the Greek words for obeying and submitting, your husband will find out that the same words are being used. Why? Because the principles are all the same. Jesus is the head. Elders are the delegated authorities in the church. Husbands and wives are to obey and submit to them. Children are to submit to parents. The church leadership embodies the five giftings of Jesus Himself, and are to be recognized as representing Him to. However, in all these cases, GOD is not to be over ruled!!!

sharonr said:
Da Pastor
I am know way putting my husband over God, if he told me something that was false, God will correct him, and my husband will correct me, how will I be accountable for something I learned from the head he has giving me. God always goes to the man first, then the husband goes to the women to correct her. Wisdom comes from my husband, which is from God to lead, if its wrong how can I be reprimanded for what I did not know, I was only following what I was taught from the man God has giving me. So why would God hold me accountable for something I did not know.

God WILL ATTEMPT to correct him. However, some husbands will not listen to God because they think that they ARE THE AUTHORITY. I have seen many personal cases. I have pastored over 30 years, and have counseled many examples... anyway... I have things to do... but I will confront a false doctrine that will ultimately harm God's sheep, and ultimate submission to a husband is a blatant false doctrine.

Respectfully

Blessings

Does your husband OBEY the pastor? Based upon your teaching - He must totally OBEY his pastor based upon this passage: Hebrews 13:17

Hebrews 13:7-9Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 9 Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.

The scripture says to remember them, that's it, and it also says to not be carried with various and strange doctrines. The church got many different doctrines that are not of Christ, that's why we have a head Christ to follow and his word. Jesus never changed.

However, some husbands will not listen to God because they think that they ARE THE AUTHORITY.

The husbands are the authority, whatever my husband teaches I follow. We are one. Even if he is on a false doctrine, I have no choice but to follow, hey if it was false we will both perish because of it. If The blind lead the blind they will both fall into the pit. someone give me scripture, can't find it at moment. If you following a false prophet or leader, you will be condemned as he will be condemned. That's why my husband and I dont attend church, too many false things being preached. We do listen to people like Paul washer, and other people at times. God led my husband away from the church. He hears God, just as Paul the apostle, he did not receive revelation from man but God. We just dont want to be caught up in the false things. And I know by husband hears from God, its been demonstrated.

Da Pastor says:
This story does not teach us that God condoned Sara's behavior here. Description is not necessarily Prescription.
This happened twice in scripture with two very lovely ladies. Sara and Rebekah, I know they were women of God. God did not rebuke them either for their conduct, God in no way said it was wrong either. They were simply following their Godly husbands, and later in the bible Sara is talked about as a submissive wife. She was actually praised for her obedience in the new Testament.

sharonr said:

Hebrews 13:7-9Remember those who rule over you, who have spoken the word of God to you, whose faith follow, considering the outcome of their conduct. 8 Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. 9 Do not be carried about with various and strange doctrines. For it is good that the heart be established by grace, not with foods which have not profited those who have been occupied with them.

The scripture says to remember them, that's it, and it also says to not be carried with various and strange doctrines. The church got many different doctrines that are not of Christ, that's why we have a head Christ to follow and his word. Jesus never changed.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

sharonr said:
However, some husbands will not listen to God because they think that they ARE THE AUTHORITY.

The husbands are the authority, whatever my husband teaches I follow. We are one. Even if he is on a false doctrine, I have no choice but to follow, hey if it was false we will both perish because of it. If The blind lead the blind they will both fall into the pit. someone give me scripture, can't find it at moment. If you following a false prophet or leader, you will be condemned as he will be condemned. That's why my husband and I dont attend church, too many false things being preached. We do listen to people like Paul washer, and other people at times. God led my husband away from the church. He hears God, just as Paul the apostle, he did not receive revelation from man but God. We just dont want to be caught up in the false things. And I know by husband hears from God, its been demonstrated.

1. If your husband teaches contrary to Scripture - like not being under the authority of the pastor - he is in error.
2. If your husband teaches false doctrine, as long as he doesn't make you believe or follow false doctrine, you can follow. If he tells you to follow false doctrine. God trumps your husband. Any husband that does not understand that makes himself out to be God - which is sin.
3. If you don't attend church, you violate over 100 passages of Scripture...
4. God will never lead someone out of CHURCH altogether. That is the devil.
5. If a husband declares he hears God, yet, disobeys God's Word, he isn't hearing God. The Holy Spirit NEVER DISAGREES with the Scripture. They are ONE!
6. You say you do not want to be caught up in false things... it is a false doctrine to place your husband above God's Word.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you. The church dont rule over us, Christ does, and the church is in us. The kingdom of God is within you. My husband rules over me. Christ is still the head over the people who go to church,or their husband if they are married. We are married to Christ we are not married to the church.

sharonr said:

If this were truly the case. Jesus said "I will build my church." The word church 80% of the time is used to refer to a local church with a local eldership, and Apostle Paul told Timothy that a church was "set in order" when it had ordained leaders. It is important to emphasize what God emphasizes in his word. To the extent a person is cooperating with Christ in BUILDING HIS CHURCH, to that extent, a person is in the CENTER of God's will.

Who are you to stand in place of what God told us, and led my husband to? God is in the midst.

DaPastor
If this were truly the case. Jesus said "I will build my church." The word church 80% of the time is used to refer to a local church with a local eldership, and Apostle Paul told Timothy that a church was "set in order" when it had ordained leaders. It is important to emphasize what God emphasizes in his word. To the extent a person is cooperating with Christ in BUILDING HIS CHURCH, to that extent, a person is in the CENTER of God's will.

Christ said he will tear down this temple and in 3 days build again. The carnal people couldn't understand, but it was his body. The body of Christ is many members, they all do their part, the body is the people not the building.

sharonr said:
Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you. The church dont rule over us, Christ does, and the church is in us. The kingdom of God is within you. My husband rules over me. Christ is still the head over the people who go to church,or their husband if they are married. We are married to Christ we are not married to the church.

1. Read the context. Hebrews 13:17 is speaking about church leaders.
2. The Elders of the church are to lead the congregation. If one is not part of a congregation, then that one is independent from Scriptural truth.
3. The Kingdom of God is within you is true, but it is only part of the truth. To ignore the vision of Christ to actively build His church is open rebellion to Christ's will.
4. If Jesus is not LORD of ALL, He is NOT LORD AT ALL. A person cannot claim to follow Christ while actively ignoring his goal to build His local churches. Impossible!
5. Christ and the Church are ONE - this is why it is often referred to as HIS BODY.

sharonr said:
DaPastor

Christ said he will tear down this temple and in 3 days build again. The carnal people couldn't understand, but it was his body. The body of Christ is many members, they all do their part, the body is the people not the building.

1. Yes, Christ body is His members.
2. However, His members are actively supporting the vision of Christ for the local church. This is why Paul was ordaining elders in local churches. Paul understood the goal of Christ. He taught that elders are the key to a local church. A church without ordained elders is out of order according to Paul.
3. I never mentioned a building. I mentioned a body of believers under the oversight of a local eldership.

Da Pastor:
1. Yes, Christ body is His members.
2. However, His members are actively supporting the vision of Christ for the local church. This is why Paul was ordaining elders in local churches. Paul understood the goal of Christ. He taught that elders are the key to a local church. A church without ordained elders is out of order according to Paul.
3. I never mentioned a building. I mentioned a body of believers under the oversight of a local eldership.

Well what if you have people who want to go off and do missionaries, are they wrong for hitting the streets, no God is with them as well, Ezekial, Jeremiah, and Jesus all were speaking to a people from everywhere, they had God speak to them directly, they were under no one but God.

sharonr said:
Who are you to stand in place of what God told us, and led my husband to? God is in the midst.

God does not contradict His Word, so I do not have to stand in the place of God. I read the Bible and it makes it clear.

Back