• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Tested By the Snake... (Prayer Request)

• Thread starter Thread starter Cap
  • Start date Start date
C

Cap

Today was a troubling day for me. I had spent the whole day praying and seeking God's guidance on the direction I am to go. Then @jacobhaivri started this thread. Then @Asforme&myhouse and I made some comments about snakes in weddings within that thread. Then @Phillip and I double posted the exact same thought, which was basically that, the devil is in the midst of any Godly marriage to test it. No different than he was in the marriage of Adam and Eve.

In that moment it all became clear to me, particularly for those who have faced the failures of a plural marriage creation that absolutely seemed to be from God. In that joking I realized Satan appears to ask to test any Godly marriage. I can't really go into the details but I know beyond a shadow of a doubt now that the snake was a part of what God had given me to test me and my family. I have failed that test and I am asking for forgiveness and I am asking for prayer for my family. I am asking for the prayers of all that have come in contact with the snake in their attempts to create a Godly plural marriage based on God's design and found out that the choice they made was a failure. I know now, that you/I didn't fail, but you/I were asked to be sifted by the snake. And I know now that the only reason that happen was because you/I were on the right track, otherwise there would be no reason for the test.

So I am asking for prayer for all the families, including mine, that have faced the test of the snake and failed when it comes to the idea of marriage, particularly plural marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Praying for you Cap, along with your family.

May I encourage you in one area? Guard the words you utter. I failed miserably in that area around 30 years ago. I had to repent but not without fellowship lost between me and our Father. You’re stronger than I was 30 years ago. I know from many of the words I’ve read from you on here.

Praying for you.

Praying for you Cap, along with your family.

May I encourage you in one area? Guard the words you utter. I failed miserably in that area around 30 years ago. I had to repent but not without fellowship lost between me and our Father. You’re stronger than I was 30 years ago. I know from many of the words I’ve read from you on here.

Thank you @Phillip . There are lots of things I need to re reevaluate as well.

Praying

Praying

Praying, as well.

Back