• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Meat Understanding Trauma and Inner-Healing

Wow. Sorry I missed this topic, @GunnarR.

I'll be back, because I have an holographic perspective on the many loose threads contained here.

Don't have time to write a book, @The Revolting Man -- I'm too busy preparing for another discussion.

I do agree that some people can see things that other can't. I've met believers who are "seers" into the spiritual realm. However, almost all of the people I've met that have schizophrenia hear voices that tell them to do things or say things to them that are clearly against the commands of YHWH. I would definitely be interested if I met someone who was "diagnosed" with schizophrenia and was hearing YHWH's voice and was a believer (with evidence of fruit). I say "diagnosed" in quotations because they may truly hear from YHWH but are greatly misunderstood by the world, similar to what @FollowingHim was saying a few posts prior to this one.

A guy (I forget his name) created something called the "bicameral mind". He said that people in the old days heard another voice in their heads and thought it was God.

On a slightly different note, what I find most creepy about mental health facilities is the fact that an inmate cannot rationally argue that they should not be there. The inmate may believe they are completely fine, and the doctor might listen compassionately to their pleas that they are sane and shouldn't be in there, but the response will be "I know you think you're well, but you're actually very sick, and you have to stay here". That mightn't be entirely fair - but it's the uncomfortable feeling I get.

I can readily imagine being put in one of those rooms, and told "I know you think you're sane, but you believe in an invisible man in the sky, so you're actually quite unwell and need to stay here until you are better".

At least in prison you can rationally explain that you're innocent and will actually be listened to. You can hire a lawyer, and there are clear procedures in place to determine whether you are in there rightly or wrongly. But if everyone thinks you're insane, nobody will listen to you, so there's no way out.

I feel much more comfortable visiting a prison than a mental hospital.

thumbs up X3

When I say that people can see things that not everyone else sees I wasn't necessarily meaning that there was a supernatural side to it. I see some types of polarized light and there's nothing crazy or supernatural about it.

It then stands to reason that other people might see things that most people can't see and then those things might be as real and natural as polarized light.

Unexplained for the moment but 'unexplained' should not be automatically assumed as something supernatural.

Back