• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

What do you think..........

• Thread starter Thread starter James A
  • Start date Start date
J

James A

How do you think Solomon was when he got his 1000th wife. Do you think him having so many wives helped him understand the female mind better

I think he was testing out folly when he acquired his 1,000th woman. I think he had crossed the line into madness sometime before he made triple digits.

God made Solomon the wisest king who could ever be, I don't think he needed to marry very many women to understand what they were all about, it's just that doing dumb things on purpose was in his stated playbook.

Solomon may have started out OK, but he became a collector. It would seem that he forgot about the "beauty of the relationship" and simply collected beautiful looking women and stored them as one does with treasure. He states it well at Ecclesiastes 9:9 "Enjoy life with your wife, whom you love," (NIV) If the heart is not involved then even the taking of many wives is just another vanity, not fair to them or indeed even to oneself. I would imagine that most of those wives possibly only ever had his company once and then were packed away with the other treasures, so no, I don't think in Solomon's case he understood the female mind at all.

I have read somewhere that most of his wives were politically motivated gifts.
I sympathize with the poor fella, I mean how can you graciously turn down a gift like the winner of the local beauty contest. And then the neighboring countries country says I’ll match that and raise you two runners-up.
That’s where the foreign wives came from, alliances.

The Bible doesn't really discuss the understanding of the female mind so much as general female nature in it's different forms. You can usually understand the female by observing her habits. It's even more pronounced these days with the laziness that is so abundant. But her habits still will not necessarily help you to understand how calculating she can be. It's kind of like her keeping up appearances and good looks nice form etc until she gets the ring on her finger and then BAM no more. (Hey! I'm guilty of such as well it's a bit hard to be perfect..) Girls are taught from infancy to please themselves rather than their husband now. And frankly, once ingrained, it's an uphill battle. I still fight with it.

I actually think Solomon did understand this:

Ecclesiastes 1:9 "That which has been is what will be, that which is done is what will be done, And there is nothing new under the sun."

That follies of Rome.. Greece and a number of other civilizations signs of their demise was seen in the women.

Soooo anyway..

He had to be very skilled at reading ladies and his communication had to be almost flawless. I believe God blessed him with all those wives until he started marrying un Godly ladies

Being he was the wises man that ever has or will exsist I would of enjoyed picking his brain

Ummm.. Solomon was a king. He didn't have to communicate anything. His marriages would have been arranged or he just picked whom he wanted. It was up to the woman to make herself presentable for him. If she wanted to be apart of his house she better stand out or have something that the family brought to the table.

Why do you think famous people have groupies and such? It's because they have some kind of power or fame. Women want power and fame regardless of the package.

Ummm.. Solomon was a king. He didn't have to communicate anything. His marriages would have been arranged or he just picked whom he wanted. It was up to the woman to make herself presentable for him. If she wanted to be apart of his house she better stand out or have something that the family brought to the table.

Why do you think famous people have groupies and such? It's because they have some kind of power or fame. Women want power and fame regardless of the package.

So technically, women like Solomon's wives WOULD NOT be good sister wife material in today's world? ;)

As a Godly man he had a obligation to follow God. Title-power set aside he had a choice. He knew he wasnt to marry unGodly ladies so that was one question he should of asked for sure

If what I've studied about harems and the political circus all that stuff includes.. I'd say no. Trust me his wives were out for themselves politically. If you had his favor you were sitting pretty.

If what I've studied about harems and the political circus all that stuff includes.. I'd say no. Trust me his wives were out for themselves politically. If you had his favor you were sitting pretty.
I am sorry-but does not ever ladie want a man that is stable reliable and Godly. It sounds like your implecating every ladie in todays modern society

Solomon wasn't supposed to marry foreign wives. He did anyway, which would've formed political alliances. UnGodly wives.. you don't always know what you're going to end up with. Wives from his people still were going to be political and not based on love. Though he may have gotten lucky which is what Songs of Solomon leads me to believe. Which would've been a woman of his youth by the sounds of it. It's a beautiful book of love, lust and desire. And painful and sorrowful all at the same time. A woman overcalculated and lost her man stupidly among various other things that happened. Be happy with the wife of your youth.. young fresh new love not clouded with other relationship confusion.

I am sorry-but does not ever ladie want a man that is stable reliable and Godly. It sounds like your implecating every ladie in todays modern society
Carnally.. no.

I would say the opposite
Actually, not what you're calling family but they'd certainly be in it for the name and reputation.

Back