• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Why Men Don't Get Married

CecilW

Real Person
Male
Why Black Men Aren't Getting Married

Powerful regarding all us men!

Wonderful advice for women on what to look for in a man, and for us men on what we need to qualify as husbands!

Wow! Just WOW! :o :shock: :)

cecil,
what do you feel that you learned from this video?

I have always heard that with authority(as in man being the head/priest) comes much responsibility. Getting something we(a man) never had(a wife) requires us to do something we have never done.
Meaning, God is the one who brought Eve to Adam, so if we want him to Bring us an Eve then we need to qualify/get our stuff together.
We have a history of telling the woman all about her responsibility and the man about his benefits in a godly marriage. It is refreshing to hear an "apples to apples" version of this maxim. I mean if the conversation is about the "responsibilities of a woman in a marriage" then to hear the truth of the responsibilities of what it means to be a godly husband and being worthy of a Proverbs 31 woman should scare any man considering finding a bride. This is serious business!
God intended a marriage covenant to be forever(until death anyway). It behooves us to look diligently into it and discover as much as we can verses entering into a covenant lightly.
I currently am still only married to the wife of my youth, we have been married since we were 16 years old. I can say with confidence, I was not prepared for 30 years of marriage. We had a hard row to hoe. But by God's grace as a couple we are closer then anyone we know our age. :roll: :roll: ;)

Back