• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

1. There are a million more reasons why the west is going down than politeness.

People from corrupt and coarse backgrounds, cultures, and societies often mistake courtesy for weakness when in fact it is meekness.

Meekness is strength restrained.

I'm certain that Samson was a nice enough guy at some point. Yet he wasn't quite so polite when he picked up a donkey's jawbone and then used it to beat ten thousand Philistines to death.

They mistook his good manners for weakness. That was their last mistake.

I keep a picture of my wives and kids in my wallet. It's a good reminder why no money is in there. ;)
I heard the definition of a dad is a man who's money has been replaced by pictures in his wallet. That was certainly my dad, and he was very pleased to show off pictures of his girls, or brag on their latest accomplishment.

I talked my dad into coming up for father's day with his wife....so we made some memories. They got to see the new (month old already) baby, and I got a picture with my dad.

19002.jpeg

He was 80 in March.

I prefer sour milk in tapioca pudding. It adds a neat layer of flavor to it!

These all sound so delicious! I’ve been on the carnivore diet for about 24 days now, I can’t wait to be able to eat some treats! Lol

How is that working for you? I did it once when I took a long break from having kids and it wasn't easy so I hope it is going well for you!

How is that working for you? I did it once when I took a long break from having kids and it wasn't easy so I hope it is going well for you!
It is a lot easier now! In the beginning was a lot tougher than I thought it would be. I was really sick and weak with headaches. Nauseous to the point of not wanting to eat at all. Then I found out a lot of vitamins I was still taking were making me sick too, so once I cut that out and coffee… I felt SO much better. I still don’t have the energy everyone talks about they have, so I’m still waiting for that. Lol I was going to only do it for 30 days, but as I get closer I think I may continue on. How long did you do it for?

It is a lot easier now! In the beginning was a lot tougher than I thought it would be. I was really sick and weak with headaches. Nauseous to the point of not wanting to eat at all. Then I found out a lot of vitamins I was still taking were making me sick too, so once I cut that out and coffee… I felt SO much better. I still don’t have the energy everyone talks about they have, so I’m still waiting for that. Lol I was going to only do it for 30 days, but as I get closer I think I may continue on. How long did you do it for?

I went close to a year. Granted, I cheated with the occasional piece of bread, pie, cake, or pasta. Still, it was mostly a Keto/Atkins kind of thing. Like you I felt drained when I quit the carbs but the energy boost I'd get from carbs was eventually replaced by stamina.

Like I would get up and not feel so energized to face the day but at the same time I never crashed, never got exhausted, and could just keep plugging away at what I was doing. This was when I got obsessed with fitness and discovered that walking and hiking fit perfectly with my new diet. Running? Not so much.

But I did drop weight especially on the saddlebags and I trimmed up my tummy. I'm pretty sure my bikini days are all behind me but I can get away with shorts and a t-shirt and not :eek::eek::eek: anyone!

These days my diet is heavier on protein, fruits, and veggies and the carbs are consumed in moderation. Like I won't eat a big plate of pasta but instead I have more beef (Bolognese) sauce than the pasta.

Happiness is a freshly painted chicken coop and 8 new fluffy chicks 🐥
70004DEC-9FBF-48B3-ADFE-0299477D06B9.jpeg

It’s ridiculous, I hope this isn’t a new trend that spreads to our retreats……

Back