• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

Random Comments

MeganC

Seasoned Member
Real Person*
Female
I noticed we don't have a random comment thread for posts that are just random and not really meant to start a discussion...you just got something to say! :D

I'll start:

I am having an unexpected and quiet day! Most of the kids are out of the house on a day trip, the chores are all caught up, and I'm indulging in computer time before I get out for a swim! It's like being on vacation!!! :):):)

Apple Pie. :)
Our oldest daughter was ambitious the other day and we came home to FOUR apple pies!

We have apples in the orchard and lots of butter for crusts. Yumm!!!

Today she baked cinnamon rolls for the locals and we enjoyed a day of visiting and live bluegrass music. Our oldest son has been jamming with a few friends on Saturdays....and today there was a good group. A bass, several guitars, a couple banjos, a couple fiddles, a lap dulcimer I think, a irish pennywhistle, a mandolin and on the few songs I knew...accordion. I mostly enjoyed just listening to them.

I just finished this mornings coffee...and I don't mean my cup, I mean the last of the big pot. Lol
It doesn't effect my ability to sleep. Good thing.

Our very precocious two year old just decided to put away my laundry for me. Had my shirt on a hanger and managed to reach another hanger in the closet to hook it on. She was quite pleased with her accomplishment. She put away all her own too. Littles are so fun!

Doorbell rang an it is the neighbor with her three year old boy asking if my 27 year old son with downs syndrome can come out and play. When I said he wasn't home the little boy just slumped to the ground and started sobbing.
My cousin has downs. Our children treat our neighbor boy with leg braces like a regular guy....cause he is. :)

There is a great advantage to having children close together in age. When they all start growing out of their clothes, you just pass them down to the next one, straight in the drawers with no need for storage. I mostly only have to buy clothes for my oldest son and daughter (there's a limit to how much boy clothes she should be wearing).
On the other hand, there's socks. Socks never get passed down unless they're small enough to be on a child that is not walking or crawling. Spent $117 on socks the other day for my kids. Insane.

There is a great advantage to having children close together in age. When they all start growing out of their clothes, you just pass them down to the next one, straight in the drawers with no need for storage. I mostly only have to buy clothes for my oldest son and daughter (there's a limit to how much boy clothes she should be wearing).
On the other hand, there's socks. Socks never get passed down unless they're small enough to be on a child that is not walking or crawling. Spent $117 on socks the other day for my kids. Insane.

Hahahaha!!! This is soooooo true!! We buy the kids boys jackets for that reason!! The girls don't notice because this is typical out here and they mostly want something that says Carhartt on it anyway! The trick we use is that jackets get hung in the mud room and when you go out you just grab what fits. Things naturally move around that way and the kids never notice!

Socks and underwear are all personal. Some of the shirts and sweaters get saved back if they're special even if the kids outgrow them. They have to have something of their childhood that's theirs to hang onto.

@FollowingHim2 and @MeganC
We had four boys in a row...stuff just passed down and dad bought anything for boys that was nice at the thrift store. Now with the youngest boy ten, he's going to have to start passing up the smaller sizes or we'll be storing clothes for grandkids!! :p

Jackets are the bane of my existence! I put them in the attic as soon as it's warm enough so I can get a break from them being EVERYWHERE! We have always had plenty of warm clothes to be thankful for. :rolleyes:

I visited the house today for about 5 hours.
I’m pretty sure that it’s been 3weeks since I saw it last.

Back