• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

800 Years in Exile

Says the person who started the "Just Funny Memes" thread. :)
Hey now. At least the funny memes are funny. But you're right. You have my blessing to delete it :p

Since we're doing a pointless debate...
We're justified purely by faith in the Messiah - not by works so no man can boast. We're justified by his precious blood he spilled for us - and through his resurrection we have the washing of sins, a new heart, and grafting into the House of Jacob. As Paul says - "We were formerly gentile." We become grafted into the Olive Tree - The House of Jacob (Israel) - one of the 12 tribes.

If you're a Christian that keeps the commandments - then you're no longer a gentile. But an Israelite:
How do you come up with this? I was born a Gentile, I was called as a Gentile. I'm to remain as a Gentile. (1 Cor 7:20) I am grafted onto the true vine, not the vine of Israel that is currently laying in the dirt awaiting Jesus grafting them back in. Romans 11. Gentiles are not, absolutely not grafted into Israel. Or Paul is a liar.

Am I misunderstanding your assertion? Or are you misunderstanding scripture?

Last edited:
Why oh why should anybody desire or seek to be grafted onto Israel?

Romans 11

New American Standard Bible 1995

11 I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets, they have torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they are seeking my life.” 4 But what is the divine response to him? “I have kept for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God’s gracious choice. 6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.
7 What then? What Israel is seeking, it has not obtained, but those who were chosen obtained it, and the rest were hardened; 8 just as it is written,
“God gave them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes to see not and ears to hear not,
Down to this very day.”
9 And David says,
“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
And a stumbling block and a retribution to them.
10 “Let their eyes be darkened to see not,
And bend their backs forever.”
11 I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous. 12 Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be!

Will their fulfillment be future tense...

13 But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if somehow I might move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are too.

Is Israel Holy? Nope. I don't want to be grafted onto an unholy branch laying in the dirt.

17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,

The olive tree is not Israel, because it's a branch.

18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, (That's Israel for those of you following at home) He will not spare you, either. 22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

Whom is cut off? Israel... Why in the world should any Gentile aspire or desire, seek to be grafted onto an unholy branch laying in the dirt?

23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

I just grafted a pear tree today. I cut off the top of the unfruitful pear and threw it on the ground. It's going to be trash... But here's the cool thing. I could go back over to my in-laws tonight, grab one of the branches of that unfruitful tree and GRAFT IT BACK ON. That's pretty cool.

24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?
25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,
“The Deliverer will come from Zion,
He will remove ungodliness from Jacob.”
27 “This is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”
28 From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; 29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy. 32 For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! 34 For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? 35 Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to him again? 36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

Glory and praise to the Most High that one day he will graft back onto The True Vine, The Root, Israel who are shut up in disobedience, broken off, and waiting on their salvation when they will be grafted back in. Thank the Most High I being a Gentile am grafted onto the True Vine Jesus. That's where I can partake of holiness imparted to me from that holy rootstock.

For those of you not knowledgeable about grafting, scion, rootstocks etc... You graft something you want to produce onto a strong rootstock that will impart resistance to diseases, that will push more life into the scion and build it up. You use a special rootstock that has the qualities you need in the scionwood. The scion would not be healthy, it would die if grown on it's own roots. It would succumb to disease and die. It would not produce the fruit desired if grown on it's own merit. It needs the vigor of the roots to make it glorious. You don't graft onto something with no roots and expect it to produce anything. So if Israel is a branch broken off of the tree/roots, you cannot be grafted onto that branch and produce anything living. That's literally the explanation of this chapter. So either Paul is a liar, or nobody gets grafted onto Israel and expects life. The only fruit you can expect from a sheared off pear laying on the ground is a dried up withered branch good for burning in a firepit.

The Northern Kingdom was in exile for roughly 800 years. They were given a certificate of divorce, and scattered throughout the nations. That's a lot of generations of people walking through life with no hope of reconciliation to their Creator. When the Son of the Most High came - he came for those lost sheep of Israel. To reconcile them back into the House of Jacob - through his precious blood and resurrection.

But what about the Israelites born after the exile, but before the Messiah? The Valley of Dry Bones in Ezekiel 37 - talks about a resurrection of Israel - not in glorified bodies - but flesh and bone. Then a remnant come back to the land - in the 2nd Exodus.

This corresponds well to the "rest of the dead" mentioned in Revelation 20 - which occurs after the Millennium Reign. Since Satan would be given authority to deceive all the nations - we can then expect (in one way or another) for him to re-introduce the same pagan practices/cults that got the Israelites kicked out in the first place. Based on the scripture - most will continue to be deceived:

Isaiah 10:21
A remnant will return--a remnant of Jacob--to the Mighty Elohim. Though your people, O Israel, be like the sand of the sea, only a remnant will return.

Isaiah 65:8
For just as good grapes are found among a cluster of bad ones (and someone will say, ‘Don’t throw them all away—some of those grapes are good!’), so I will not destroy all Israel. For I still have true servants there. 9 I will preserve a remnant of the people of Israel.

Ezekiel 36:24
For I will gather you up from all the nations and bring you home again to your land.

The entire chapter of Ezekiel 38 - goes into detail about Gog/Magog. The prophet says this won't occur until far into the future. After Israel is back living in peace in her own land brought back from exile. The nations of the earth will decide to attack Israel. But when they attack - the Heavenly Father sends burning sulfur on them. Compare that with Revelation 20:

Revelation 20:7-9
Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth—Gog and Magog—and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore. 9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of Elohim’s people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.

Ezekiel 38:8-9
A long time from now you (Gog) will be called into action. In the distant future you will swoop down on the land of Israel, which will be enjoying peace after recovering from war and after its people have returned from many lands to the mountains of Israel. 9 You and all your allies—a vast and awesome army—will roll down on them like a storm and cover the land like a cloud.

So it's very interesting that the war mentioned in Revelation 20 - Gog and Magog - seems to be the same exact one being described in Ezekiel 38. To say that Ezekiel 38 has already been fulfilled - that would mean that the new exodus has already occurred as well. The new Exodus would bring his sheep back from all the nations - and bring them back into the land. Perhaps this "camp of the saints" and "his beloved city" from Revelation 20 is the re-gathering of the House of Jacob from throughout the nations?
We are in the reign of Christ right now, there is no continuing city.

Hebrews 13:14​

“For here have we no continuing city, but we seek one to come.”
When Jesus returns it will be to deliver up the kingdom to Yah for judgment.

Jesus made a new covenant with the true Israel of God, regathering the house of Israel and the house of Judah, the sheep are and have been coming into the fold. Anyone preaching something else is either deceived, a deceiver and or both.

At some point at the end of Christ's reign the restraints will be taken off of that old dragon and he will go to make war with the woman and the remnant of her seed.

Nobody has given me an answer on the above question. Nobody has the stones to do so.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/K91KDlZDtFSrS" width="480" height="370" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="
">via GIPHY</a></p>

Since we're doing a pointless debate...

How do you come up with this? I was born a Gentile, I was called as a Gentile. I'm to remain as a Gentile. (1 Cor 7:20) I am grafted onto the true vine, not the vine of Israel that is currently laying in the dirt awaiting Jesus grafting them back in. Romans 11. Gentiles are not, absolutely not grafted into Israel. Or Paul is a liar.

Am I misunderstanding your assertion? Or are you misunderstanding scripture?
If you’re keeping his commandments out of love and faith in the Messiah - then you “were a gentile.”

1 Corinthians 12:2
You know that when you were gentiles, somehow or other you were influenced and led astray to mute idols.

Romans 2:28
For you are not a true Jew just because you were born of Jewish parents or because you have gone through the ceremony of circumcision. 29 No, a true Jew is one whose heart is right with Elohim.

Galatians 3:26
26 For you are all children of Elohim through faith in YAHUSHA.

Jeremiah 11:16
I, YAHUHA, once called them (Israel) a thriving olive tree, beautiful to see and full of good fruit. But now I have sent the fury of their enemies to burn them with fire, leaving them charred and broken.

Romans 11:24
After all, if you (gentile) were cut out of an olive tree that is wild by nature, and contrary to nature were grafted into a cultivated olive tree, how much more readily will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree!

You then become a “True Israelite.” Just like Ruth or Caleb in the Old Testament were formerly gentile - they became grafted into the House of Jacob:

Ezekiel 47:22
Distribute the land as an allotment for yourselves and for the foreigners (gentile) who have joined you and are raising their families among you. They will be like native-born Israelites to you and will receive an allotment among the tribes.

A true Christian is a true Israelite. That’s why there’s only mention of Israel and Judah in end times prophecy. No pope or pastor or Christian

Romans 11​

New American Standard Bible 1995​

11 I say then, God has not rejected His people, has He? May it never be! For I too am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. 2 God has not rejected His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel? 3 “Lord, they have killed Your prophets, they have torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they are seeking my life.” 4 But what is the divine response to him? “I have kept for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” 5 In the same way then, there has also come to be at the present time a remnant according to God’s gracious choice. 6 But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace.
7 What then? What Israel is seeking, it has not obtained, but those who were chosen obtained it, and the rest were hardened; 8 just as it is written,
Down to this very day.”
9 And David says,
11 I say then, they did not stumble so as to fall, did they? May it never be! But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous. 12 Now if their transgression is riches for the world and their failure is riches for the Gentiles, how much more will their fulfillment be!

13 But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if somehow I might move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead? 16 If the first piece of dough is holy, the lump is also; and if the root is holy, the branches are too.

Is Israel Holy? Nope. I don't want to be grafted onto an unholy branch laying in the dirt.

17 But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive, were grafted in among them and became partaker with them of the rich root of the olive tree,

18 do not be arrogant toward the branches; but if you are arrogant, remember that it is not you who supports the root, but the root supports you. 19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 Quite right, they were broken off for their unbelief, but you stand by your faith. Do not be conceited, but fear; 21 for if God did not spare the natural branches, (That's Israel for those of you following at home) He will not spare you, either. 22 Behold then the kindness and severity of God; to those who fell, severity, but to you, God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness; otherwise you also will be cut off.

Whom is cut off? Israel... Why in the world should any Gentile aspire or desire, seek to be grafted onto an unholy branch laying in the dirt?

23 And they also, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.

I just grafted a pear tree today. I cut off the top of the unfruitful pear and threw it on the ground. It's going to be trash... But here's the cool thing. I could go back over to my in-laws tonight, grab one of the branches of that unfruitful tree and GRAFT IT BACK ON. That's pretty cool.

24 For if you were cut off from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these who are the natural branches be grafted into their own olive tree?
25 For I do not want you, brethren, to be uninformed of this mystery—so that you will not be wise in your own estimation—that a partial hardening has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in; 26 and so all Israel will be saved; just as it is written,
28 From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; 29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For just as you once were disobedient to God, but now have been shown mercy because of their disobedience, 31 so these also now have been disobedient, that because of the mercy shown to you they also may now be shown mercy. 32 For God has shut up all in disobedience so that He may show mercy to all.
33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and unfathomable His ways! 34 For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who became His counselor? 35 Or who has first given to Him that it might be paid back to him again? 36 For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.

Glory and praise to the Most High that one day he will graft back onto The True Vine, The Root, Israel who are shut up in disobedience, broken off, and waiting on their salvation when they will be grafted back in. Thank the Most High I being a Gentile am grafted onto the True Vine Jesus. That's where I can partake of holiness imparted to me from that holy rootstock.

For those of you not knowledgeable about grafting, scion, rootstocks etc... You graft something you want to produce onto a strong rootstock that will impart resistance to diseases, that will push more life into the scion and build it up. You use a special rootstock that has the qualities you need in the scionwood. The scion would not be healthy, it would die if grown on it's own roots. It would succumb to disease and die. It would not produce the fruit desired if grown on it's own merit. It needs the vigor of the roots to make it glorious. You don't graft onto something with no roots and expect it to produce anything. So if Israel is a branch broken off of the tree/roots, you cannot be grafted onto that branch and produce anything living. That's literally the explanation of this chapter. So either Paul is a liar, or nobody gets grafted onto Israel and expects life. The only fruit you can expect from a sheared off pear laying on the ground is a dried up withered branch good for burning in a firepit.
👍 Well said and simply illustrated for all of us watching at home.

👍 Well said and simply illustrated for all of us watching at home.
The Messiah said -- "I only came for the lost sheep of Israel."

The Messiah was an Israelite. Paul was an Israelite. Peter, James, John, and Luke were Israelites.

Acts 21:10
Then they said to Paul: “You see, brother, how many thousands of Jews have believed, and all of them are zealous for the law.

What happened to these many thousands of Jews that believed in the Messiah? They were being persecuted. It didn't stop when Constantine took over. He called them detestable, and let's have nothing to do with them. He created the "Mother Church" - and the mother church created many daughters. What does the Word say? "Come out of her my people, so you do not take part in her sins."

Psalm 135:4
For YAHUAH has chosen Jacob for himself, Israel for his own special treasure.

The reason why the Jews in Palestine don't want anything to do with Jesus Christ is because of the Christians. It would be sin for the Messiah to add or take away from his law. If he did that - he would be a sinner, and dis-qualify himself from being the Messiah. So the IRONY is that it was the Jews that brought the good news to the Gentiles - only for the Gentiles to do the same things that Paul was condemning his Jewish brothers to be guilty of.

Luke 16:17
It is easier for heaven and earth to disappear than for the least stroke of a pen to drop out of the Law.

Last edited:

Romans 11​

New American Standard Bible 1995​

Down to this very day.”
9 And David says,

Jesus is Israel.

Exodus 4:22​

“And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:”

You would want to be grafted into Israel because that is whom the promises pertain too, through Issac. Without promises we have no hope. We don't want to be grafted into the synagog of Satan. We want to be the holy nation, the Israel of God if we want to be in Christ Jesus.

Jesus is Israel.

Exodus 4:22​

“And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel is my son, even my firstborn:”

You would want to be grafted into Israel because that is whom the promises pertain too, through Issac. Without promises we have no hope. We don't want to be grafted into the synagog of Satan. We want to be the holy nation, the Israel of God if we want to be in Christ Jesus.
100% - you're either grafted into the House of Jacob or you're still a gentile. There's no in-between.

Jacob is Israel. The Most High changed Jacob's name to Israel. His offspring through his 4 wives became the 12 tribes of Israel (Jacob). You want to be grafted into the House of Jacob. As Paul says - not everyone who is an Jew/Israelite is a true Israelite. YAHUSHA said the same thing to the offspring of Abraham:

John 8:33
Our father is Abraham!” they declared. “No,” Jesus replied, “for if you were really the children of Abraham, you would follow his example.

The promise was given to Abraham and his offspring. We're children of Abraham if we love YAHUSHA and keep his commandments. The re-uniting of the two Kingdoms -- Israel and Judah -- is through the Messiah. He is the one that holds both together, and unites them. He will bring his remnant back to the real Holy land in the 2nd Exodus -- Israel and Judah -- to partake in the promise given to Abraham in the beginning of the book.

The irony in this - many "Christians" hate or don't want anything to do with polygyny. Some consider it a terrible sin. But they don't realize they must be grafted into the House of Jacob - which YAH formed through "polygyny."

Last edited:
A true Christian is a true Israelite.
There is no Jew(Israelite) or Greek.

You don’t have the chops to actually refute. Just more cherry picked out of context verses, no rebuttal of clear written word. Typical. Can’t say I’m surprised. Like I said… nobody ever gives an answer.

There is no Jew(Israelite) or Greek.

You don’t have the chops to actually refute. Just more cherry picked out of context verses, no rebuttal of clear written word. Typical. Can’t say I’m surprised. Like I said… nobody ever gives an answer.
Correct - just as the prophets foretold:

Ezekiel 37:16
Son of man, take a stick of wood and write on it, ‘Belonging to Judah and the Israelites associated with him.’ Then take another stick of wood, and write on it, ‘Belonging to Joseph (that is, to Ephraim) and all the Israelites associated with him.’ 17 Join them together into one stick so that they will become one in your hand.

The Northern Kingdom of Israel was sent to exile many years before the Son walked the earth. They were scattered throughout the word, and their numbers are like the sand in the seashore. They went after other pagan gods, and over the generations became gentiles. We 'gentiles' are actually the lost tribes of Israel that the Messiah was talking about:

"I came for the lost sheep of Israel."

We're the lost sheep of Israel. We're still in exile.

Jeremiah 2:32
Does a young woman forget her jewelry, or a bride her wedding dress? Yet for years on end my people have forgotten me.

We were given a certificate of divorce by the Most High. Through the Messiah we can come back, and be re-united with Judah.

You apparently have answers that I do not. Exegete Romans 11. Explain to me what that chapter is saying verse by verse please.

But by their transgression salvation has come to the Gentiles, to make them jealous.
People these days wrongly think Gentile means a non Israelite. Yet consider Genesis 48:19
And his father refused, and said, I know it, my son, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truly his younger brother shall be greater than he, and his (Ephraim's) seed shall become a multitude of nations.

That word translated nations is the Hebrew word Goy that Gentiles is translated from.
So Ephraim's descendants were prophesied to become a multitude of GENTILES!

It should have just been uniformly rendered nations, but the translators were recognizing these Gentiles were Israelite by using a word that meant "of the same gens, clan or tribe."
That of course got changed in time to now mean the very opposite in many people's minds and theology.

YHWH said in Deut. 32:21
They have moved me to jealousy with that which is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them to anger with a foolish nation.

Later he said in Isaiah 7:8
For the head of Syria is Damascus, and the head of Damascus is Rezin; and within threescore and five years shall Ephraim (the northern kingdom) be broken, that it be not a people

Hosea 1:10
Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot be measured nor numbered; and it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people, there it shall be said unto them, Ye are the sons of the living God.
13 But I am speaking to you who are Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle of Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if somehow I might move to jealousy my fellow countrymen and save some of them. 15 For if their rejection is the reconciliation of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?
Ezekiel 37:11
Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. 12Therefore prophesy and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, O my people, I will open your graves, and cause you to come up out of your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel. 13And ye shall know that I am the LORD, when I have opened your graves, O my people, and brought you up out of your graves, 14And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
28 From the standpoint of the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but from the standpoint of God’s choice they are beloved for the sake of the fathers; 29 for the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
Paul also wrote Romans 2:14
For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: 15Which shew the work of the law written in their hearts....
or here he quotes Hosea (Osee) and applies that prophesy to and about Israel to these gentiles.
Romans 9:24
Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

25As he saith also in Osee, I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.

26And it shall come to pass, that in the place where it was said unto them, Ye are not my people; there shall they be called the children of the living God.

Then too...He did talk about taking them to their own land....and also that He would sow them throughout the earth. Also that their descendants would inherit the nations. Jacob/Israel prophesied that "The scepter shall not depart from Judah or a lawgiver from. Between his feet till SHILOH be come and to Him shall the gathering of the people be."
That changes the look of this "gathering"a bit. People have been being gathered to the Good Shepherd for two thousand years!

The harvest is approaching. The tares are still with us. After the tares are removed the righteous remain.

You apparently have answers that I do not. Exegete Romans 11. Explain to me what that chapter is saying verse by verse please.
YAH willing - this helps you understand it a little better at least:

Romans 11:1-2 I ask, then, has the Most High rejected his people? By no means! For I myself am an Israelite, a descendant of Abraham, a member of the tribe of Benjamin. The Most High has not rejected his people whom he foreknew.

5 At the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.

7 What then? What the people of Israel sought so earnestly they did not obtain. The elect among them did, but the others were hardened.

Paul says there is a remnant of people chosen from Israel. Not all of them stumbled.

O offspring of Abraham, his servant, children of Jacob, his chosen ones! He is YAHUAH our Elohim; his judgments are in all the earth. He remembers his covenant forever, the word that he commanded, for a thousand generations, the covenant that he made with Abraham, his sworn promise to Isaac, which he confirmed to Jacob as a statute, to Israel as an everlasting covenant | Psalm 105:6-10

So the promise was given to Abraham - confirmed to (Jacob) Israel. It wasn't given to gentiles. We gentiles must be grafted in to take part in this promise.

“But now hear, O Jacob my servant, ‘Israel‘ whom I have chosen! | Isaiah 44:1

What does Paul say about the gentiles:

Romans 11:11
Did the Most High's people stumble and fall beyond recovery? Of course not! They were disobedient, so the Most High made salvation available to the Gentiles. But he wanted his own people to become jealous and claim it for themselves.

Who stumbled? It was not the entirety of Israel that failed. The people that stumbled are the "others were hardened" from verse 7 above. The Most High's ‘Chosen Elect’, those of Israel who believed, the ‘remnant of faith were chosen by ‘grace’; from verse 5 did not stumble. Those that failed to believe and trust in the Messiah, it is they who stumbled; so that salvation/deliverance could be offered to those among the nations/gentiles.

Paul preached the good news to nations who were the “lost sheep of the house of Israel“. These sheep did not look like the sheep of the Most High, because they were exiled for many years and became lost sheep. They inter-mixed and became gentiles. So they looked and acted just like the nations/gentiles; even though their ancestors were probably at one point part of David's Kingdom, when both houses were united together under one King. Which is prophesied to happen again - under prince David:

Ezekiel 37:25
They (Israel and Judah) will live in the land I gave my servant Jacob, the land where their ancestors lived. They and their children and their grandchildren after them will live there forever, generation after generation. And my servant David will be their prince forever.

^ That happens after the 2nd Exodus. It hasn't happened yet.

Paul preached to everyone; Jews, Greeks, Romans, heathens, pagans… everyone. Because the “House of Israel”, the “Northern Kingdom” "the lost sheep" could had been anyone. The is true for today as well. Once these groups heard Paul’s good news, they could then either decide to believe and be grafted into the Most High's “Chosen People (Israel)“ or they could choose to stay gentile. So they have a choice - come back and become part of the commonwealth of Israel - the House of Jacob - through the Messiah re-uniting both kingdoms together - or remain a gentile. The choice still exists today for everyone, because we're still in exile. Until the Most High starts the 2nd Exodus - brings all his people back from throughout the nations - and installs King David as prince - it hasn't happened.

Last edited:
Why is anyone even trying to make a distinction between Jews and non-Jews any more? Statistically, we are all Jews. Do the maths. It's almost impossible for you NOT to have a Jewish ancestor. It's even more impossible for you not to have an Israelite ancestor (one of any of the tribes) - they've been lost for so long that they will be everywhere and ancestors of everyone. So we're all Israelites - by blood.

And we're all also Gentiles - being largely from the nations that do not identify themselves as Jewish.

There is neither Jew nor Greek - quite literally. This isn't semantics or deep theology, it's just practical reality. We're all interbred mongrels - and that's exactly the way it should be. If you don't believe me, try to prove me wrong. Good luck.

And Jesus came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel, not only scattered through the nations but by today truly forming those nations. He came for all of us. To rescue a remnant to be grafted into himself, the root of the olive tree.

Where’s the rest of the chapter? Only a partial exegesis? And why the immediate assumption that you must be grafted into Israel for salvation? What about the part where Israel is a branch cut off while Gentiles are grafted in? I read your partial exegesis, still waiting on the whole chapter to be explained.

Nobody has given me an answer on the above question. Nobody has the stones to do so.
You mean THIS question?
A: Read the blessings and promises to Abraham.

Either you want 'em, or you don't.

PS> At the usual risk of Censorship: (this has been done before) Your NASB mis-translates "goyim," used over and over in Scripture. The root word simply means "nations," SOME of which were pagan, whether Greek, or Roman, or some other 'nation'. And many of those people, having been "scatterd," as promised, throughout 'the nations," no longer even know who they are. Or what promises they have missed.
I am speaking to you who are Gentiles...

He is speaking to ALL of us who have been 'scattered,' lost our way, our identity, and want to return to Him. To be "grafted in," whether we know our bloodline, or not.

Where’s the rest of the chapter? Only a partial exegesis? And why the immediate assumption that you must be grafted into Israel for salvation? What about the part where Israel is a branch cut off while Gentiles are grafted in? I read your partial exegesis, still waiting on the whole chapter to be explained.
Not all of Israel was cut off - that’s a deception. He kept a remnant chosen by grace through faith.

Many of them were cut off, but they can come back at anytime. Paul says “if the Creator can graft you (gentile) into the Olive tree - he can even more easier graft some of the original branches that were cut off in as well!”

The Most High says:

Jeremiah 31:36
36 I am as likely to reject my people Israel as I am to abolish the laws of nature!”

He alway kept a remnant. Even during Elijah’s time - he kept 7,000 that remained loyal to him. A remnant of Israel and Judah will return back to the land, and receive the promises that were promised to Abraham.

When his remnant are back in the land - not even the wild animals would harm his people. It would be like the garden of Eden days. The Creator is even going to make a covenant with the wild animals so not even a snake would harm a baby.

Last edited:
Back