• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2008 Orlando Retreat

Doc

Real Person
Thought I would start a topic on the recent 2008 Orlando retreat.

I just wanted to say thank you to Nathan and his family for being so gracious in hosting all the families that came in. I know it wasn't easy to do, but at the same time, you seemed to take joy in doing it. Thanks again, Nathan!

Pastor Randy, thanks for allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and speak through you through our sessions and fellowship. I am sure I am not alone in saying that it was a time of great refreshing and reflection on the Word. Thanks again, Pastor Randy!

I hate to end the thanks there, because I could go on and on.

I would like to hear from those who attended the retreat, and any insights, thoughts or ideas that was the result.

Blessings to all!

Doc

docburkhart said:
Thought I would start a topic on the recent 2008 Orlando retreat.

I just wanted to say thank you to Nathan and his family for being so gracious in hosting all the families that came in. I know it wasn't easy to do, but at the same time, you seemed to take joy in doing it. Thanks again, Nathan!

Pastor Randy, thanks for allowing the Holy Spirit to lead and speak through you through our sessions and fellowship. I am sure I am not alone in saying that it was a time of great refreshing and reflection on the Word. Thanks again, Pastor Randy!

I hate to end the thanks there, because I could go on and on.

I would like to hear from those who attended the retreat, and any insights, thoughts or ideas that was the result.

Blessings to all!

Doc

Thank you Doc for the kind words.

I would like to thank Nathan, J, and N. - Nathan for coordinatiing and opening up his homes - J for literally becoming a "servant of all" - N for opening her home and being so kind. You guys are a blessing to the Kingdom!! Your guys are GREAT! I love you guys! Everyone in my family were blessed by you.

God was working through everyone there... His Spirit was using everyone to minister to everyone else... It was a blessing to see how each part of His body was being used to strengthen another part of His body. I wish we all lived in the same area and were a part of the same local church - what a powerful church it would be.

I want to thank everyone who attended this retreat for allowing the Spirit of God to use you this weekend to build and edify each other. You certainly encouraged me with your love and support.

I also want to put in my 2 cents worth. I had a lovely time and I thought there were many bonds formed and many feelings shared. I am so happy that we were there and that we got to deepen existing relationships and forge new ones. It was a great pleasure meeting Maria, Rebecca and Doc Burkhardt. And Doc, thank you for sharing your son with us. He was so enthusiastic and cheerful. Maria, your sweet spirit was refreshing and Rebecca, I have rarely met such a Godly woman at such a young age. You are definitely a model for others to emulate. Your cookies were amazing.

Thank you all for such a warm welcome and a beautiful time of togetherness.

Lissa.

I just wanted to let everyone know that I have also posted an update to the ChristianPolygamy2 board on Yahoo regarding the retreat. If you get a chance, you should check it out as well.

Thanks,

Doc

Thanks Nathan J and N for hosting the retreat. We all had a blast. It was a-lot of work and you guys made it look simple. The girls here are still talking about it.
Thanks again,
Oscar & Girls

Amazing is all I can say about it. It was great to get to see everyone and meet new faces. It was definately refreshing and encouraging. I always find it personally beneficial to share stories and advice with each other. There's so many of us that are at different places in our lives. Myself and others are single and it was great for us to receive advice about approaching marriage in general. Others are monogamous and I'm sure that they took some gems away as well about approaching a plural marriage. It's was also amazing to see the strength apparent in everyone there. There were so many that had been through so much, but they stayed the course of truth. Their stories gave me courage.

Thanks so much to Nathan, J, & N for hosting this at their homes and putting up with all of us. Thanks to Pastor Randy as well for the wisdom that he shared with us. October here we come!!!

Yes, the Orlando retreat was awesome - in many ways! The fellowship was great - as relationships of "older" bonds were strenghtened and "new" ones were formed. Everyone who came contributed in one way or another to building eachother up in the Lord - thank you for sharing!!

The fun can't be beat (if you like water-fun you really need to come some time - of course, the kids' favorite moment was when Nathan turned on the jet skis and, because of the speed and the way the tube turned so fast, fell into the water - even the 7 yr. old who fell with him into the water thought it was funny :lol: ). The food was great, too - a BIG thank-you to Julie and whoever else helped her in planning and preparation of the meals - and a special thank you, too, to Rebecca who made the most delicious deserts! :)

A thank you also goes to Randy for bringing a very relevant message to us all - one of the things he taught on was how men are instructed to love their wives -and wives are to honor their husbands. One of the things he brought out in that message is how men have a natural bent to honor (or respect) and women are naturally wired to love -- which is why God didn't have to tell them to do those things - but did instruct us to do what takes living according to the Spirit (with His help - the Holy Spirit IS our "Helper"). Taking this to heart I realized that I do love my husband easily - but it takes a conscious effort at times to honor him! So, thank you, Randy for that great insight - and for all you shared with us! And, I do want to remember to give a special thank you to Nathan & Julie for opening their home to us all so freely - and with such cheerfulness! (And to Nita for opening her home for guests to have a place to stay). If you ever can attend a retreat in Orlando I can tell you - you WILL be BLESSED! :D

Shari

Back