• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2008 Retreat planning

nathan

Administrator
Staff member
Real Person
Male
Hi all, I just posted a retreat update on the main site, here it is again, so that people can start commenting, and planning. Feel free to email me, or post here. If you've never been to a Christian plural marriage retreat, it's a great opportunity to fellowship, worship, and met like-minded believers!

Currently we are planning retreats in Oregon, Texas, and Florida, for 2008.
Here's a little more information, more details will be available in March.

Tentative date for Orlando, FL Biblical Families Retreat: Memorial Day weekend: May 23-25, 2008. This date could be moved earlier, if there is interest in making it a non-holiday weekend. Let us know your preference!

Tentative date for Salem, OR Biblical Families Retreat: June 20-22, 2008

Dallas, TX retreat date will be after these, and a date should be finalized in a few weeks.

If you would like more information on any of these, or to be involved in planning, or have suggestions, let us know: nathan@BiblicalFamilies.org

Hi! I hope it is ok to post a suggestion even though I am new. I noticed that you are planning a Texas retreat sometime after June. Please keep in mind that those of us who have school aged children who are not homeschooling have a very hard time attending retreats in August because of getting the kids ready to go back to school and getting used to the school routine again. Labor day is good though!
I would like to thank you for making the effort to plan retreats. I think that the fellowship is so important for all of us.
With gratitude,
Love

Thanks for the feedback, "Love" (that sounded strange :) )

I agree that Labor day is a good time for a retreat (we've done that in the past and will try to again in the future), but there are conflicts this year, and we are pushing Texas out til October (won't be so hot at least!), and we are already expecting a large crowd at that retreat.

I have updated the retreat page again:
Orlando, FL Retreat: Memorial Day weekend: May 23-25, 2008. This is coming up soon, write and let us know if you are interested!
Salem, OR area Retreat: June 20-22, 2008. If you are on the West Coast, this is for you: write and let us know.
Dallas, TX Retreat: tentative date is Oct 17-19, 2008. It already looks like this retreat will be big. Save this date!

If you have any questions or input about a retreat, please don't hesitate to write.

I might would consider a Feast of Tabernacles retreat if there was enough interest in it.
Last year I was at a campground in Missouri where we lived in tents for 7 days like the children of Israel were told to.
It was great, usually it's in Oct sometime, so it's cooler down south by then.

Brother nathan,
Would love to make the one in OCT. but if it happens to fall on those dates then the wife and I will not be able to. I will be out here in the Gulf that weekend.

Hi Chaplain, we actually are looking at fairly large group for the Texas retreat - perhaps 25-35 adults plus at least as many children. We've already spent a fair amount of time trying to get a date that would work for the largest group.
We would really love to have you be able to come! - Is there any chance you can shift your work schedule, swap with someone, in order to be able to make that weekend? I think it will be well worth your while.

Blitziod, we are just now doing hotel research, it'll be in a suburban area not far from Dallas, for sure - not a super expensive area. Stay tuned for more details!

Brother Nathan,
Sorry but cannot switch days with someone else. The company that I work in does not allow us to do that. I already have all my vacation time booked for the year as well. We will have to see about maybe next year. I will pray that the Lord will bless one and all who attends.

Is anyone already committed to coming to the Texas retreat? I'm definately one that you can count in.

Back