• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2011 NE GA BF Men's Retreat

CecilW

Real Person
Male
Well, folks, it is official.

The 2011 NE GA BF Men's Retreat was held, um, this morning at a splendid location here in, um, lovely downtown Toccoa, GA in the back corner of the, um, coffee shop. (Definitely NOT a Starbucks!)

Featured speakers were our very own popular Paul Not The Apostle and CecilW, who both spoke on a wide range of topics of special concern to men. There was even a special guest appearance by Sir BumbleBerry, but he didn't stay long.

Cost of attendance at this 3-hour long event was, well, let's see. $5.72 / 2. That would be, $2.86 per person, including both accomodations and refreshments (Not including travel)! What a bargain! The facility use was free, and the staff even invited us back!

A blessing was had by all. Hope to have you with us, next time! :D

Ummmm ... NO!!!

When it comes to the matter of the wearing of Manly Kilts, this is a clear case of BF members with differing theologies somehow managing to walk in UNITY while NOT being UNANIMOUS. We're good, eh?

Although I do acknowledge the historical truth that in its origins, pants were an item of female attire rather than male. And that they do look good on them. Not so sure about kilts on a guy, unless you're at a highland games festival.

However, the staff at the short-term resort where the retreat was held WERE paid in both a manly and honorable fashion. In today's econom, that just might qualify as a 'feat'. :lol:

*pouting*

but managing to aviod extreme jealousy

(take it as a compliment :D )

Kilts? So thats why I wasn't invited. My legs stand for themselves. You all 'kneeded' the competition.

Back