• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

2nd wife unable to have children

MLBGuy

I'm new to this forum and not really sure where to post this question.

We recently found out that my 2nd wife is unable to have children. I have three beautiful children already and a fourth on the way with my first wife. Julie, my 2nd wife, feels that she will never be able to fulfill me now and that she will never be equal to my first wife. I've tried to reassure her that I still love her but things have not been going well since the news. She is very depressed and constantly accusing me of favoring my first wife. This has become more of an issue since Donna is pregnant. Has anyone else had to face this problem? What can I say or do to reassure her?

This also sounds like the story of Elkanah and Hannah in I Samuel 1. Elkanah's tender love to his wife is admirable. God's intervening in Hannah's plight made the biggest difference. Most likely, consistent, persistent reassurance over time will help Julie. This is a major set back to a woman with her heart set on motherhood. Please continue patiently loving her, praying for her, asking God to comfort her heart and reveal His choice of blessing to her.

Though it might require some unique and innovative arrangements at some point you may wish to begin pursuing adoption routes. There are ways this can be done. One way is to have the 2nd lady adopt as a single lady since she would technically qualify under that banner. If you want to know more pm me and I can send you some links and places where this can be arranged along with some helpful ideas.

I know this is a tough time but lean on the Lord in prayer privately and together with each other. He shall provide for you and give you the strength needed.

there are thousands of what are called "snowflake babies", embryos left over after successful invetro-fertilizations and held in a frozen state available for adoption.

I apologize for not posting a reply earlier. Computer crashed and I think maybe it was a message to remain patient and seek an answer through prayer. To continue to have faith that God has a plan for each of us and we must listen carefully to follow the right path. Things have improved with Julie this past week and I know they will continue to get better with time. Our faith will keep us strong. Thank you for the information, I will look into the different methods you mentioned. Thank you all very much.

Blessings,

Marc

MLBGuy...

No offense, but who says she is "unable" to have children...men, or God?

I would tell her exactly what I have told my own loved ones: we will leave it in His hands.

Back