• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

800 Years in Exile

@JudahYAHites Who has called you a judaizer and where?
@NickF Last year, I was not specified, it was part of another discussion, hence why I asked the person directly but have received no response, the term has come up more than once on here again. I did not state you had used it, but I did ask you for a definition along with @FollowingHim because in a response in this thread he responded to you directly using the term and @Michael Moon used it responding to you. Hope that helps

So just asking a simple question, because I know what scripture states ....

Do you have a definition?

So just asking a simple question, because I know what scripture states ....

Do you have a definition?
Then you have no need of education when you already know the answer.

Finally, I remembered THIS, when I heard a commercial for "Jackson Snyder Presents," and his show, on Hebrew Nation Radio:
he Hebrew word "yahad", H3054 - which incidentally in some concordances is given the meaning of "to judaize, to become jewish".

His ministry is called "Vero Essene Yahad," and rest assured it has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with 'judaizing.' They are decidedly NOT 'jewish,' but are unabashed followers of the Risen Mashiach, and refer to themselves as "Messianic Essene, modeling our ministry on the primitive doctrine and practice of the Bible, the Community Rule, the Didache and the Enochian Canon of the Scrolls," and,
"dedicated to the Nazarene Essene Israelite (non-Rabbinical) Faith."

It does say THIS, however, in the link - under yadadblogs.org...

Yahad is Hebrew meaning "Oneness" or "Togetherness" or an "In-one-accord-place"

I will suggest that one who self-describes with the term and speaks Hebrew to boot is arguably a better source than a concordance that doesn't even understand things MOST here would consider not only obvious, but undeniable.

PS> Jackson is a colleague, I have talked to him a few times, but do not know him personally. I know we agree on many things (probably more than most moderators here ;) ) but not the specifics of his ministry, other than what is on the webpage intro.

I am definitely not trying to stir things here but why not approach the teachings as some of the best ideas for a person to live. Such as the dietary instructions that essentially say what is good for you and what is not. Dont create a child with a close family member. Restitution for wrongs. Having more than a single accuser. Etc. We really need to get to, "Oh how I love thy law and meditate in it day and night." Purpose to love God's Word.

Finally, I remembered THIS, when I heard a commercial for "Jackson Snyder Presents," and his show, on Hebrew Nation Radio:

His ministry is called "Vero Essene Yahad," and rest assured it has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with 'judaizing.' They are decidedly NOT 'jewish,' but are unabashed followers of the Risen Mashiach, and refer to themselves as "Messianic Essene, modeling our ministry on the primitive doctrine and practice of the Bible, the Community Rule, the Didache and the Enochian Canon of the Scrolls," and,
"dedicated to the Nazarene Essene Israelite (non-Rabbinical) Faith."

It does say THIS, however, in the link - under yadadblogs.org...

Yahad is Hebrew meaning "Oneness" or "Togetherness" or an "In-one-accord-place"

I will suggest that one who self-describes with the term and speaks Hebrew to boot is arguably a better source than a concordance that doesn't even understand things MOST here would consider not only obvious, but undeniable.

PS> Jackson is a colleague, I have talked to him a few times, but do not know him personally. I know we agree on many things (probably more than most moderators here ;) ) but not the specifics of his ministry, other than what is on the webpage intro.
Thankyou @Mark C, this is interesting. And brings back memories, used to listen to his show, glad to hear he's still doing things!

The word in question in Esther 8:17 is not just yahad (יָהַד), but a much longer word (מִתְיַהֲדִים) which yahad is the root of. The actual word used, having considerably more detail in the prefix and suffix, will be far more specific, no longer just a general concept of oneness. I do not however have sufficient detail in the lexicons I have available to determine any more than that the actual word used is a verb - talking about doing something (hence the translation "became Jews"). Can someone who speaks Hebrew elaborate on what the actual word - מִתְיַהֲדִים - means, and how it differs from the root word יָהַד?

Can someone who speaks Hebrew elaborate on what the actual word - מִתְיַהֲדִים - means, and how it differs from the root word יָהַד?
The best dictionary I have (Ernest Klein's "Comprehensive Etymological Dictionary of the Hebrew Language") lists it as -
1) pretending to be a Jew (hapax legomenon in the Bible, ref: Est. 8:17)
2) convert to Judaism or proselyte

(from Yehudi, which is the root word you noted.)

The 'im' suffix is the plural form.

(And, interestingly, the next listed word in alpha-bet Hebrew order means "Hellenized.")

The best dictionary I have (Ernest Klein's "Comprehensive Etymological Dictionary of the Hebrew Language") lists it as -
1) pretending to be a Jew (hapax legomenon in the Bible, ref: Est. 8:17)
2) convert to Judaism or proselyte

(from Yehudi, which is the root word you noted.)

The 'im' suffix is the plural form.

(And, interestingly, the next listed word in alpha-bet Hebrew order means "Hellenized.")
Thankyou. I think that is what I was saying, except for my comment that some sources used the word "judaize" in their definition - the word you dislike. In terms of actual meaning, are we not now in agreement on what this specific Hebrew word means? To either act like a Jew / pretend to be a Jew, or convert to Judaism?

Which is also the meaning of ιουδάιζον.

Thank you. ..."judaize"...the word you dislike...
Simply because it is not apropos.

In terms of actual meaning, are we not now in agreement on what this specific Hebrew word means? To either act like a Jew / pretend to be a Jew...
OK. (to 'convert' is a whole 'nuther thang...see 'Ruth', and variants of 'ger...')

But the objection remains that no one here who points out that YHVH has not changed His Instruction is doing anything remotely of the sort.

Back