• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A Decriminalization View on Polygyny on Fox News

Dr. K.R. Allen

Real Person
A fairly decent (though really short) presentation on Bill O'Reilly by a plural family. Other than using the statized terms they do a good job in holding the proper ground for the decriminalization as the way to go (i.e. to privatize the matter as private relational unions not state authorized marriages).

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/oreilly/i ... t_id=86923

I think it is beginning to "snowball". The estimates that I have seen on the number of polygamous families seem to be under-inflated. More and more of them are going public, and I think the public is starting to listen. While the right-wing Christian fundamentalists will almost always buy into the monogamy lie many other Christians are beginning to realize that polygyny truly is biblical in nature and not evil or sinful in any way.

Excellent clip thank you! I really want their book also but I don't know if it is available on Amazon.

I agree with Scarecrow, I can see a huge change, you know, when more Polygamous people see that most people do not care, they are more inclined to come out and there is strength in numbers! :D

B

Bels, the book just came out on amazon on Sept 13. It is available on Kindle, and at least from perusing the "Look Inside" feature, looks to have been produced well. Harper Collins out of New York used their imprint, Harper One as the publisher, which is a gutsy move for a major publishing house, given the controversy, but then, controversy sells. It is also interesting to me that it was co-written by a woman out of Salt Lake who is considered in the biz to be the premiere journalist re: all things poly. This is an interesting mix, to be sure. I am looking forward to reading it myself.

One other thing that is a bit out of the box. Joe married two of the three wives on the same day over 20 years ago, so apparently they all went through the inevitable adjustments to marriage at the same time. A twin sister joined the fam in 2000. Unusual dynamics all around.

Thanks I don't have a kindle though. I will have to wait for the print version :p It is pretty difficult to process two relationships at once, mine you, I suppose something must be said for the relationship never having been monogamous, that possessiveness aspect was never in play.

B

Back