• Biblical Families is not a dating website. It is a forum to discuss issues relating to marriage and the Bible, and to offer guidance and support, not to find a wife. Click here for more information.

A little encouragement

The Revolting Man

Staff member
Real Person
Male
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this but I'll put it here anyway. I brought up the subject of poly in a wideranging conversation with a young woman the other night and was surprised when she said she saw the advantages and how it could work. She isn't a potential for me since my life isn't settled enough for a wife but I know that many on the forum have wondered about finding a second wife or broaching the subject with ladies. I just thought I'd let you know that it can be done and without instant rejection or social awkwardness.

Yeah, I get quite a bit of that here, though too many say they wouldn't want it for themselves. It is encouraging to get some support :)

Ha, Ha..... very funny. Thank you for sharing your encouraging words.

Hmmm. At $75-150 a month + one time printing costs for a good sized billboard, I wonder ... :roll:

"Need a hubby? Willing to share a REALLY GOOD ONE? http://www.BiblicalFamilies.org"

Picture of a fella and two women, snuggling and smiling happily, in the background. Maybe we oughta sponsor one for a few months and see what happens ... ;)

Cecil, You are TOO much. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Hunh? :? Who's joking? I's live SERIOUS!

(Used to be dead serious alla time, but the Holy Spirit is quickening my mortal body, hot dickety dog, and the onlyest way I can be serious anymore is LIVE serious, which tends to get mixed rather liberally with joy and mischief, an I just got no more use for dead ANYTHING!!! :eek: )

Zephyer,

I want to agree with you that it can be done. I have been searching for a second to add to my family for over a year. I got attached once but it did not pan out and I was unsure if I could muster up enough effort to try again. I prayed about my situation and God has blessed me with another opportunity. I ran into an old friend of mine that was dear to my heart. We talked and finally I advised her of what I was looking for. At first she was in shock but over time she has come to understand why I want a second and how it is right in God's eyes. So far things are going fantastic with her and I truly believe I will have to look no futher. Lacey and her are becoming closer and closer every day which is a blessing. She is trying to come spend this weekend with us and that will make me really happy. Zephyr we should never give up when rejected and just put our trust and faith in God to do what is best for us. If we fall we must get right back up and continue the drive. Hope that you can eventually become settled in you life and you find the wife(s) that God leads you to have. Keep believing and have faith. I will pray God works a miracle in your life.

God Bless You,

James and Lacey.

Sorry Cecil, I wasn't trying to offend you. I apologize. :oops:

Back